Speedyís lowering foot peg blocks - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Speedyís lowering foot peg blocks

Has anyone tried Speedyís lowering foot peg blocks in lieu of having your seat modded, if so, did it help resolve your seat issue? Iím thinking about trying these lowering pegs before I spend a fortune on a seat mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 02:44 PM

I got 'em

I'm using them and I don't feel like I need a seat mod. Also helped my knees to bend at less of a severe angle. Made the ride more comfortable.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 03:09 PM

They are a great mod but likely won't cure whatever seat issues you're having. For me, the lowering blocks as well as some minor seat cushion surgery gives me a 2-3 hour range with little or no discomfort. Biggest problem with the stock seat is the forward slope and the elevated "tailbone" area. The foam density itself is not perfect, but it is adequate if you are comfortable shaping it correctly.

For more details on how I shaped mine, look at post #13 and #17 in the thread below:

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=14698

Hope this helps.

-Eric

2009 Kawasaki Versys - Candy Plasma Blue
2013 Yamaha WR250R

Last edited by emdavis197; 04-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM

The peg lowering is step 1. Seat mods are an easy DIY project. I read through all the seat mod threads on here then went after the seat with a serrated knife, Dremel with a large wire wheel and a file card (wire brush with short "bristles" for cleaning files which makes a really nice smoothing tool.

Dropped 1.5" out of the pillion section (tapered from 1.5" back at the top back down to the driver portion) then added foam camp pad under the front section. Seat feels sooo much better. If the weather would cooperate I'd take it on a long road test. But currently it is snowing.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Got the lowering blocks and a baldwin tall seat. much better on my knees and legs.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 01:11 PM

I like the stock seat but have to say the blocks made the bike better for longer rides. No more stretching out my legs one at a time while I ride.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster_71 View Post
Has anyone tried Speedy’s lowering foot peg blocks in lieu of having your seat modded, if so, did it help resolve your seat issue? I’m thinking about trying these lowering pegs before I spend a fortune on a seat mod.
Also, those that have used the lowering foot peg blocks, did you have to adjust the shifter and brake pedals?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM

Garage
I had to adjust both.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 08:41 AM

If you want to try them out, I have them on my bike. PM me and we can meet up someplace and you can take it for a ride.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Try the block first and let some time for the seat to fall in. You might like the stock seat.

Otherwise some MOD on the seat is a cheap way.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM

ya lowering the foot pegs is on my list
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 03:50 PM

I tried the lowering blocks and decided to return to the original configuration. For me it is more comfortable. The riding position feels more natural to me without the lowering blocks and the seat also feels more comfortable. I theorize that the lowering blocks change the weight distribution on my butt and may also result in more of my weight being on my butt and less on my feet...or I could just be imagining it.
I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and 45 years old...not with great knees.

Seems like I am the oddball with respect to the blocks, as most people seem to love them.

I will make a good deal on the lowering blocks if anyone is interested (say $20 plus shipping).
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 04:05 PM

I'd be interested in those lowering blocks. I live in Dayton, OH.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-26-2011, 08:34 PM

good evening,

i'll take the blocks.....(how do you want the money?)
[email protected]

thanks and ride safe,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode