Adventures with the V - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Adventures with the V

There has been a great deal of discussion around here lately regarding the merits of the Versys. Thought I would share a few experiences I had with my V this past weekend.

Friday – Had the bike in the shop to get new tires. Picked it up after work. After my bike was delivered, I was getting ready to leave, and an older gentleman came over and had a million questions about my bike. Turns out he bought a Connie last year and likes it, but really does not like the weight of the bike. He was fascinated by the V. Talked for 15 minutes about what he thought of the bike, pros and cons, etc… In the end, would not surprise me if he ended up picking one up some time soon.

After finishing that conversation, the service manager was loading a bike onto a trailer and he looked over at me and said, “You know, that Versys is really a great bike. We had one in last week to do some transmission work on it, and it is so easy to work on those things and that engine is rock solid.” I smiled and told him that I really enjoy the V and it makes riding fun – all the time. Seems like that is one of the most important things in my mind.

Saturday – Early afternoon ride with my 11 year old son in the foothills. Love sharing the outdoors with him and he is a great passenger. Stopped for coffee and a soda by Millerton Dam and were enjoying just hanging out. Guy walks out of the store and says, “Excuse me. Can you tell me what kind of bike you are riding?” I told him it was a Kawasaki Versys and he said, “Sure looks different and like a lot of fun.” I smiled, my son smiled and we chatted with the guy for a few minutes about the bike. There were several Harleys and Victories around as well, but I noticed a lot of eyes were sneaking a peek or two at the V.

Sunday – Early afternoon ride with the wife led us out and about hitting some roads in the foothills we had never explored. Strolled through an old cemetery and enjoyed quite time with my bride. Got back on the bike and rode a while longer and ended up at Starbucks. While sitting outside, few people were walking over and checking out the bike. My said, “I love how you bike always gets checked out. I really enjoy being on the back of that thing. I love that bike. Can’t wait for our anniversary trip to the coast later in the year.”

So there you have it – my weekend in a nutshell. Five days a week, my Versys takes me to my office, rain or shine. On the weekend, it takes me wherever I want to go. Is the V a perfect bike? No. Are there things I would like to change? Yes. Does it fill the need to explore I have in my soul? Heck yeah! For me, this bike is perfect because it does fill that need. What more can I ask for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Nice!

Something tells me that the more I read stories like this here the quicker I'm going to make the switch to a Versys... really tempting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Based on my initial research...I expected my Versys to be a pretty good bike. After owning it for almost six months...it has exceeded my expectations.

2009 GREEN Versys
2006 Yellow Pearl H-D VRSCR Street Rod
2010 Scarlet Red H-D FXDF Fat Bob

Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 01:36 PM

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

I also love how many comments I get on my V. I was pulling up to a light the other day, and a pedestrian screamed out "HEY! HEY YOU! NICE BIKE!". I've only got 800 miles on it now, but I had a huge grin on my face for every one of them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_ View Post
Nice!

Something tells me that the more I read stories like this here the quicker I'm going to make the switch to a Versys... really tempting.
Pete -
What're'ya'waitin' for?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode