Anyone install a handle bar with more pull back? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone install a handle bar with more pull back?

I've had my V about a month now, and the thing I am having the most trouble adjusting to is the riding position. I have the handle bar rotated back and down as much as possible without the controls hitting the tank at full lock, and I still don't like the fists-in-the-air high, wide position of the grips. I plan on getting a set of risers so I can raise the bar and rotate the grips down more, but would also like to replace the bar with one with more pullback-after even a short ride my wrists and shoulders bother me. My question is has anyone found a bar with more pull back that works on the V? TIA

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had a similar complaint to yours with the stock bar. Especially it felt like the bar was forcing an "elbows out" riding position that I didn't like. I found a Renthal aluminum bar that has more angle to the grip area so slightly more pull back. They are slightly narrower as well. The bar was ever so slightly lower so I added a spacer which resulted in getting the bar up a bit and back more. I'm pretty happy with the final result.

The "Road Low" is the one I got from this link below. Notice it is the most swept back.

http://www.renthal.com/File/apps1.as...del=&bikedate=

It does not come with the crossbar and pad as shown in the picture.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 04-25-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode