2012 honda goldwing. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
2012 honda goldwing.

Four New 2012 Honda Gold Wings up on Total Motorcycle

The new 2012 Honda Gold Wings have just been released and you can see them first right here. Check out the four new redesigned futuristic looking GL1800's with full sized photos, features and specifications in our new 2012 Honda Motorcycle Model Guide: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...2012-honda.htm

Long acknowledged as the pinnacle of two-up motorcycling, the 2012 Gold Wing® continues its remarkable legacy. Its travel-oriented creds include the latest generation of sophisticated electronic amenities, starting with an innovative GPS navigation system with user-friendly programmability for sharing favorite ride routes with friends and other riders, which can be accessed online via computer. The Gold Wing also now incorporates a built-in MP3/iPod® interface for a new SRS CS Auto™ technology surround-sound system for a premium listening experience. In addition to its renowned power-laden yet refined drivetrain and delightfully sporty handling, the 2012 Gold Wing also brings upgraded styling, increased luggage capacity, greater protection from wind and weather, revised suspension settings for enhanced ride compliance, and unparalleled comfort for both rider and passenger. In addition, packages for Navi, ABS and airbag do much to further the Gold Wing's reputation as the most celebrated touring machine in motorcycle history.

There’s big news when it comes to the new 2012 Honda Gold Wing.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...2012-honda.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I missed the part of the video where honda features the refrigerator with ice maker and the collapsible hot tub. An adapter for the wine cooler is also available. I will go and check if my mortgage company can help me with the financing for one.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:26 AM

Almost like a two wheeled car. Not my cup of tea.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM
rlj

I'd like to see a video of how the airbag option works........

No doubt, a sweet ride!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Now this is only my opinion but could never understand these type of bikes, to me riding a bike is being out in the elements with the wind blasting around you, may as well drive in my car and just put all the windows down and turn the heater on.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 AM

A thousand pounds? No thanks, I'll take the car.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 AM

I probably never own one but I understand why to have one. Taking a Versys with two up across the US wouldnt be much fun. They are faster than they look.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:27 AM

Except when you have to ride your car at slow speed, you really don't need any skill. The Wing takes a bit of experience and might to wield it's size and heft. (any big heavy bike does)

I have ridden several TANKS and they have their place. If one were to go cross country or across a state two-up and had to do it in comfort in short time, I don't think the Goldwing has any competitor in it's price range. It's fast fast and like glass. It is also as reliable as a stone.

I like the USB feature that allows a thumb drive. Heck one could carry a handful of thumb drives and save a lot of space and have months of music or ebooks to listen to.

The up loadable Navi looks interesting too. You sure don't have to worry about your missus complaining too much on that bike. That's it's forte.

Surprised it doesn't have a flip-out make-up mirror on the rear armrest

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2ridend View Post
I probably never own one but I understand why to have one. Taking a Versys with two up across the US wouldnt be much fun. They are faster than they look.
Goldwing is not only great for two up riding. Also great for any long distance rider. I put 90K miles on 02 1800 while I was serious about long distance marathon riding. I added a 5.0 gal aux fuel tank with Russell Day Long seat and could ride non stop with no pain or aggravation until bladder cried uncle. With suspension cranked up these bikes do amazing things in back roads. I now love the Versys for what it is and not for what it is not. It is not a very nice long distance super slab ride either solo or two up.

2004 Hon XR250
2004 Kawi KDX220
2006 Suzi DL1000
2009 Suzi DR650
2011 Kawi 650 Versys
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 AM

In profile the lines look similar the Victory Vision (in between the fairing and tail..). It also has a 1" longer wheelbase than the Victory (+11" longer than our V too..) I guess you have to call a tow truck to upright the beast if you drop it. Provided it doesn't land on you and crush you to death...
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
In profile the lines look similar the Victory Vision (in between the fairing and tail..). It also has a 1" longer wheelbase than the Victory (+11" longer than our V too..) I guess you have to call a tow truck to upright the beast if you drop it. Provided it doesn't land on you and crush you to death...
They are actually very easy to pick up. The only reason I keep mine is for 2-up touring with the wife oh and I may ride it to Sturgis this year.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM
rlj

My curiosity got the best of me so I googled it........airbag on the Goldwing!

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 01:01 PM

I've ridden the 2005 GL1800. They handle extremely well. The steering is light and nimble, and the low speed handling is easier than our beloved Versys.

Aside from the mental aspect of its weight and size, it takes no more skill to ride a Goldwing than it does any other bike.

Aside from the price, I would love to own one.

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Had a 1990 goldwing no complaints at all about the bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
and the low speed handling is easier than our beloved Versys.
Are you related to Lou Ferrigno? (jus sayin')

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 06:51 PM

The 1800 is a great ride and it corners well. Made for serious miles (I put 60k on mine in 3 years) and you can pack it for the long haul as well.
Unless you have the need, I don't think you will understand it. I did'nt either until I needed it for long distance two up. Now the wife rides so, I don't have the need for that much bike.
Different bikes for different needs I would say.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Nice bike. Have nothing negative to say about it except it is huge! For my build, I could never own one. I would love to see a smaller version with all the bells and whistles in a 1000cc or so, 30 Inch seat height, and in the 600-700 pound range kinda like to old silverwings that were built around a 650cc.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM

I think the new Beemer will bite the Goldwing's sales. Much much more for the same money.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Nice bike. Have nothing negative to say about it except it is huge! For my build, I could never own one. I would love to see a smaller version with all the bells and whistles in a 1000cc or so, 30 Inch seat height, and in the 600-700 pound range kinda like to old silverwings that were built around a 650cc.
Honda NT700V

http://www.velocitycycle.net/new_veh...ModelYear=2011
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I actually looked at them before buying the Versys. It is not laid out like a Goldwing and does not have the bells and whistles such as radio, trunk, passenger arm rests, drink holders, and the list goes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode