Bike cover suggestions? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

Bike cover suggestions?

I tried my old sport bike cover on the versys and it is not really a great fit, especially with the larger VStream windshield. Anyone have good bike cover suggestions? I need to park it outdoors during the riding season so want a water proof and well vented bike cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 PM

If there is a PEP BOYS near you they have bike covers, 39.00. I use their covers on the Versys and the Bonneville. So far the Las Vegas heat/sun hasn't destroyed them past 2 years.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM

JC Whitney, same as above. Go cheap, it's not necessary to spend a lot on a cover, imho.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:10 PM

Just make sure it says waterproof; some are just dust or sun covers and will let water through. I have a Dowco Weatherall and it works well (and I need it too! See the "California Dreamin'" thread )

And get XL or even XXL regardless of what the sizing chart says...I bought an XL and the box said it would fit a full-dress tourer, yet it barely goes down to the ground all the way on my V (I have a rack for a top case and a Givi windscreen, but no side cases). I guess the V is tall because there is plenty of room on the sides, but it is stretched to the max to cover both wheels.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:21 PM

I used this on my FJR1300 and when I traded it for the Versys, it still fits the bike with a Givi 410 tall and Pelican bags. Don't know if your shield is taller than that. I have had mine for about 4 years and it has been a solid cover.
http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-util...rt/bike-covers
I got the medium and have used it for about 5 years. It compresses incredibly small. I liked it so much, I got one for my wifes Buell Blast.
You can't see it in the pic but there are grommets for tying it with a bungee at the bottom middle. Great for windy nights.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Thumper; 03-08-2011 at 04:49 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 AM

I tried a couple that the websites said would fit "650cc-1100cc sportbikes and cruisers with accessories(are a taller windshield/softbags not accessories?) and was frustrated that they were stretched too tight, hung up on the turnsignals and footpegs, and didn't extend all the way down to the ground; got the largest (XXL?) that Nelson-Rigg makes, and it is perfect for my V with side and tailbags and Givi windshield--easy on and off and extends all the way to the ground if I want it to, and seems to be completely waterproof, with vents to help with condensation.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 01:10 AM

I bought a Nelson-Rigg Defender 3000 XL cover. It didn't come down past the top of the exhaust and exposed the chain and bottoms of the rotors. I am exchanging it for the XXL.

Had bad luck with Empire covers.

~ Wes

"Nothing bugs a handyman more than a stripper that works too slow" ~ Red Green

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode