A simple question! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A simple question!

There are some way to atach, lock or put the disk lock some where on the bikes chasis insted under the seat.

I ask you becouse i have not a box case yet

Sorry bad english...thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 01:26 AM

I am worse off than you, I don't even have a Versys yet. Anyway, I put my disc lock under my Ninja 250 seat, it's small enough to fit in. I used some sponge to tighten the fit between the seat and the lock so that it doesn't rattle.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DrTizz Send a message via Skype™ to DrTizz
I actually hung the pouch for mine from one of the waist adjustment straps on my jacket. I used to keep it under the seat, but then forgot about it at work one day and ended up dropping the bike when I tried to take off. The difference in the way the jacket hangs without the weight of the lock reminds me to take the disc lock off before trying to roll.

<><><><><><><><>
2010 Versys ("Black Bengal")
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is an opinion...that means you, CNN!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:46 AM

Anyone using a disc lock, or other locking device through their discs that may cause damage really should consider buying something like one of these disc lock reminders. http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/im...ckreminder.jpg
I personally have been real lucky; however, I have seen others buying new discs due to having bent their discs................Frog

(Chiriqui, Veraguas, Herrera, Los Santos, Cocle, Colon, and Panama provinces of Panama)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DrTizz Send a message via Skype™ to DrTizz
Initially I got one of those "Remove Before Flight" flags and put a clip on it so it is over the ignition. It got blown away in one of the big winds we got here recently, but I'll probably replace it shortly.

<><><><><><><><>
2010 Versys ("Black Bengal")
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is an opinion...that means you, CNN!"

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 05:44 PM

Just use one of those ubiquitous Lance Armstrong LiveStrong yellow rubber bands on your throttle, and keep it around the disk lock when it's under the seat or wherever....

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Attach it to the passenger footpeg bracket?

I have saddle bags on my Versys, so I put it in the saddlebags. On my Speed Triple, which has a passenger grab strap, I lock it to the strap and it sits on the passenger seat. The strap is tight enough that it doesn't move around. But since the Versys doesn't have a strap, that's not an option. On my Daytona, which has neither bags nor a passenger strap, I put it in my jacket pocket.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Well, i never forget to take out the disk lock, my problem it is where to put it without have to open the seat, my son has a yamaha and he lock it at some kind of perforated fin near the rear break pedal, but in the Versys the fin is not perforated, so i'm thinking in some thing like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010165v.jpg (84.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2362.JPG (76.4 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by cfields65; 02-11-2011 at 07:33 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 09:57 AM

I see my suggestion of locking it to the passenger footpeg bracket was not helpful. I thought you had the small U-lock type.

Of the two options you showed, I like the second one. Simple, convenient, cheap.

I would NOT recommend adding the weight of the lock to the rear plastic mud guard/fender/license plate bracket. You could end up with cracked plastic at the mounting points due to vibration.

P.D. -- Y no tiene que pedir disculpas por su inglÚs, que es bastante bueno.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.

Last edited by motociclista; 02-12-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode