Costco 20% off Kawasaki parts offer and discount on 2011 models - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Costco 20% off Kawasaki parts offer and discount on 2011 models

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if someone has already posted a note about the Costco's special offers, but just in case if no one did - here it is:

20% off Kawasaki parts, accessories, and apparel at participating Kawasaki dealerships in Southern California:
http://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/p...e/default.aspx (you may need to type your zip code to see the offer)

Savings on 2011 Kawasaki models at participating dealerships in Southern California plus $250 Costco cash card:
http://www.costcoauto.com/kawasaki/default.aspx (you may need to type your zip code to see the offer)

I'm not sure how long these offers will last. Hope some of you can take advantage of them.

Speedy

More info on 2011 models discount from Costco's website:

Exclusive Member Offer – HUGE savings on ALL 2011 Kawasaki models
The 2011 Kawasaki models are now available with low, prearranged pricing exclusively for Costco members. Buy one today and save!

Promotion Offer:
Purchase a 2011 Kawasaki model and receive:

•Exclusive member-only pricing on ALL 2011 Kawasaki motorcycles or powersport products (including preorders)
•A $250 Costco Cash Card for submitting a Redemption Form and a copy of your purchase agreement, and completing a Costco Auto Program Member Satisfaction Survey after purchase
PLUS, don't forget to ask about the 20% off parts, accessories and apparel* – even if you don't purchase.

To register for this offer and locate a dealer, select a model from the Kawasaki product line-up:

Off-Road Motorcycles
Street Motorcycles
ATVs
Watercrafts
Utility Vehicles
RUVs

Promotional details are subject to change without notice. Costco and its affiliates do not sell motorcycles or powersport products, or negotiate individual transactions. Promotion cannot be combined with any other offer. $50 Executive Gift Certificate is exempt from this offer. Costco Cash Cards will be mailed within 6-8 weeks after member submits a Redemption Form and copy of the purchase agreement, and completes the Costco Auto Program Member Satisfaction Survey. Please allow three business days for Redemption Form processing. Members must purchase through a participating dealership and be a current Costco member to be eligible for the promotion. Subject to stock and availability. Offer only available in select areas of Southern California.

* Does not include sale items. Offer only applies to parts, accessories and apparel at participating dealerships. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Must show Costco membership card to receive discount. Not applicable on prior purchases, service or maintenance at participating dealership.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1370.JPG (114.8 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1369.JPG (88.7 KB, 1393 views)

Last edited by Speedy Gonzalez; 02-04-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't even know you could BUY parts from costco....

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

You still buy parts from the dealer. Here is more info from Costco's website:

20% off Parts, Accessories and Apparel* – even if you don't purchase!
Return to Kawasaki Offer

For a limited time, receive 20% off parts, accessories and apparel at participating dealerships – only for Costco Members!

Simply fill out the information below and receive the dealership’s information nearest you that offers the discount.

How it Works:
1.Locate a participating dealer and print the results page that includes the dealership information.
2.Visit the dealership and show your Costco membership card.
3.Save on any parts, accessories and apparel at that dealership!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 07:16 PM

"Promotion only good in limited areas of Southern California."

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM

The discounted price on the 2011 (at least at the dealership I went to) is $7174, a $525 discount off MSRP.

I could easily negotiate a lower price than that and will, if I decide to. Heck, there's one listed at $5999 on CycleTrader.com.

IOW, the Costco "discount" is a joke.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 02:26 PM
drn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gorilla View Post
The discounted price on the 2011 (at least at the dealership I went to) is $7174, a $525 discount off MSRP.

I could easily negotiate a lower price than that and will, if I decide to. Heck, there's one listed at $5999 on CycleTrader.com.

IOW, the Costco "discount" is a joke.
I checked all over northern CA for a deal on a 2011 Versys. Ended up going throught the Coscto program with a dealer out of my area. Definately the best deal when I bought mine a few months ago. I got a $250 Costco card, which put the OTD price below $7K (after incentive from Kawasaki). Can't remember if the incentive was $250 or $500. You might be able to negotiate a better deal now but, when I bought mine the Costco program was the best deal. And, I paid cash. Good luck.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 07:14 PM

I'm in the middle of the process of getting a 2011 V from the Costco deal. By far the best deal I found. I talked to about 4 or so dealers, mostly around the greater SF bay area, some in SoCal. The ones that were listed on Cycle Trader, seemed to have a better base price, but then they tack on high dealer fees, and it turns out not to be a better deal. The Costco price includes no set up or freight fees. Of course there are still the license, registration and doc fees. My dealer quoted me a base price of $6824 and taxes and fees are about another $750. They were supposed to include the other incentives like 20% of any parts or accessories, and the $250 costco card, and now they're trying to jerk me around because the gift card promo expired the end of February. I put a down payment on the bike before the end of Feb, but they had to order the bike from Kawi and still don't have a VIN, so they can't draw up the paperwork yet. They're trying to tell me that Costco won't honor the gift card, and that they (the dealer) don't have enough head room to take another $250 off the price of the bike.

I've heard that Costco pretty much totally screws the dealer with this program...

I hope to heck that my dealer will make this work for me. Otherwise the deal I agreed to is not being honored...and I'll take my business elsewhere...

/end rant
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 AM

I purchased a new Versys 12/06/11 through the Costco deal for an OTD price of $7555 plus I got a $250 gift card from Costco so my price ended up being $7305. I could not get a better price then that through any other dealer, at that time the 20% discount on parts and accessories applied only the day you bought the bike.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM

I don't think these are such hot deals.... especially since the 2012s are becoming available.

I bought my new 2011 Versys back in July and I paid $6200.00 OTD. Had a demo bucks from Kawi test ride for $500.00 so the dealer got $6700.00 on the deal.

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 08:23 AM

$6200 is quite the deal! It's so interesting to me how much the price can vary from person to person. I wish I knew how people were getting these deals. The dealers I spoke with basically laughed when I asked about an OTD price of ~$6900. I don't know what OTD means in Missouri, but in San Francisco, it means 8.5% sales tax plus another almost $200 in fees, on top of freight and set up that is often negotiable, but often listed at almost $1000.

If they were to sell me a bike for $6900 OTD, that means the base price would be less than $6350. Apparently that's about $500 below their invoice price. Of course their invoice price doesn't necessarily reflect how much they had to pay to get the bike...apparently auto dealers have this thing call holdbacks or something like that.

...anyhow in the end, for me the Costco deal is the best deal I can find. If someone can find me a better deal on a California model, let me know! I'll make the road trip in a heartbeat!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Here in California we pay higher sales tax, a lot higher tag fees, higher DMV fees and tire fees all this adds up to a higher price than most other states. Some guy on here bragged about the wonderful deal he got on a new bike but failed to mention that price was after his trade in. We need to take prices with a grain of salt and compare apples to apples . I stopped at a Yamaha dealer to get the price on a new FZ6R and he gave me low price $6900 and then I said now give me the real OTD price, what a difference. Now if I would have bought the FZ6R I could have said I bought a new FZ6R for $6900 but that wasn't the final price I would have paid.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 AM

OTD prices have so many variables I don't even pay attention to what people claim they paid. If you want to mention the price of the bike and ALL set up/ freight fees before tax I will listen. I also remember the guy who bragged about his deal and forgot to mention it included his trade in, what a misleading joke. Keep it simple everybody, how much did the bike actually cost in total before tax.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 08:07 PM
MTS

One Kawi dealer in town. Said they have nothing to do with that program. LOL They are the biggest rip off center in the State by far. Didn't suprise me!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:37 AM

Apparently not many dealers are part of the program...sounds like they kind of just get jerked around by Kawi and Costco. Perhaps it pays off for them because they gain new customers who will by stuff there, get work done there, and perhaps someday buy another bike from them...

In my dealings with my dealer, it sounds like they're totally at the mercies of two major companies.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
$6200 is quite the deal! It's so interesting to me how much the price can vary from person to person. I wish I knew how people were getting these deals. The dealers I spoke with basically laughed when I asked about an OTD price of ~$6900. I don't know what OTD means in Missouri, but in San Francisco, it means 8.5% sales tax plus another almost $200 in fees, on top of freight and set up that is often negotiable, but often listed at almost $1000.

If they were to sell me a bike for $6900 OTD, that means the base price would be less than $6350. Apparently that's about $500 below their invoice price. Of course their invoice price doesn't necessarily reflect how much they had to pay to get the bike...apparently auto dealers have this thing call holdbacks or something like that.

...anyhow in the end, for me the Costco deal is the best deal I can find. If someone can find me a better deal on a California model, let me know! I'll make the road trip in a heartbeat!
Here in Missouri you don't pay sales tax to the dealer. You pay it at the DMV when you get tags, registration & title. I paid another $372.83 to the DMV for tags, title, registration & sales tax. So I guess my grand total (California deal) was $6572.83. ($6200.00 + $372.83).

KJ

2013 Suzuki V-Strom
2013 Honda CRF 250L
2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650-ADV
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Yamaha TW200
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan
1979 Suzuki GS425 (long gone)

Last edited by Kankujoe; 03-04-2012 at 02:08 AM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
Here in Missouri you don't pay sales tax to the dealer. You pay it at the DMV when you get tags, registration & title. I paid another $372.83 to the DMV for tags, title, registration & sales tax. So I guess my grand total (California deal) was $6572.83. ($6200.00 + $372.83).
Still a fantastic deal! During me search for 2011s I've seen a handful in various parts of the country for way less than I found them locally, but being in CA, those bikes aren't CA models and I can't register them here until they have something like 7800 miles...bummer...a road trip on a new bike would be a blast!
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:50 PM

I got my New 09 Versys for $1400.82 OTD. I forgot to mention I sold my 06 Harley XL1200R the day before and added that money as well. I can see why dealers don't want to deal with another hand trying to pick their pockets, there is not that much profit in the bike business. Many shops closed in the Chicago area. Let Costco stick with 10 gallon tubs of ketchup. My wife does shop there BTW and I buy gas there.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:02 PM

'11 V via Costco program - Kent (WA) Kawasaki

6674$. Filled out the "survey" and got the 250$ Costco Cash Card in the mail about a month later. The State wanted about another $634 in taxes, fees, etc...

Dealer seemed a little grumpy w/being forced to honor a "Costco" deal -- had to drive across the Narrows (I live on the Kitsap side) about an hour to pick 'er up, since the local (Bremerton) Kawa/KTM/SUZ dealer doesn't participate in the Costco program. The '12 would've been 500$ more.

The V is "very" compatible w/ my TX650A and CB750K4. Very similar kinesthetic characteristics w/modern tech. 650 Yam seems to have gruntier low-end and more "oomph." CB is MUCH sweeter at rpm, but not as flickable.

Technology has come a fair piece in 40 yrs. -- but not really all THAT far - still need to add fender-flaps.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...hoto2sized.jpg

Best regards,

Flange
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode