Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX & Moosehead Lake, ME
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I had a similar dilemna. Should I buy a new 2010 (the 2011s weren't out at the time) or an earlier model at a lower price. Almost by accident, I came across a lightly used (not new and unregistered) 2008 at a VERY attractive price. I bought the 2008 and haven't regretted it for a moment. The money I saved has gone into upgrades and modifications and I'm happy as a clam. Though you didn't specify what the huge discount is, in my opinion the new 2009 makes good sense. The money you save can then be spent on all sorts of great add-ons. "How is this not a good plan." (Jacapo, The Count of Monte Cristo)
Regarding the insurance decision, if my mathematics are correct upgrading at 250 Pounds for 150 days means you would be paying 1 Pound 67 Pence per day for the change. If you go with the new policy for 320 Pounds, it will cost you 88 Pence per day for a full year, or about half as much per day. Strikes me the new policy is better by far.
Sorry, but my Colonial keyboard doesn't have a Pound Sterling key.
So, there is my tuppence worth. Good luck with the Versys and insurance whatever your decision. Cheers.
"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome