Is this a good price.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is this a good price....

Hi All: I can pick up a new 09 Versys for $5899 plus tax. Is this a good deal? Thanks
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Is it me or is there a pattern developing around here?
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Where are you Steve???

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:02 PM

Steve - Congrats on considering what we obviously feel is a great bike.

That's not a totally unreasonable asking price - if you're comfortable with it is what matters. Shop around a little if you haven't already. You can save a few bucks most likely - assuming you're willing to travel.

eBay, cycletrader and this forum will give you a good feel for the available range, but you'll need to do a few hours of research.

Use the search function at the top of this screen - this tropic has been discussed a dozen times over the last week.

Last edited by dmason; 02-02-2011 at 06:05 PM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec9957 View Post
Hi All: I can pick up a new 09 Versys for $5899 plus tax. Is this a good deal?
I think you should be able to do better than that. My 2010 was only about $500 more (pre tax & fees). I had to pay a higher price due to them having leftover 09's sitting on the floor and the fact that mine was still in the crate. There was no incentive on their end to mark down the new designed model.

I see online prices in the $5,200 range in my area ('09 models) and this is no haggle price. I assume they will want to charge the usual fees (setup & freight) plus documentation on top of the agreed upon price. You gotta pay your taxes on any price you agree on.

and keep us posted! And post pix when you bring one home
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 06:32 PM
rlj

In the Atlanta area, there is a new 09 for $5551.00. The best price I've seen within a 100 mile radius for a new bike. Used 09's with less than 7,000 miles are in the $5,200.00 range. I looked at a new 09 today for $6,100.00.

After weeks of searching, I'm now thinking the the $5551 price is a decent deal, at lest for the Atlanta area.

As mentioned prior, check Cycle Trader, Ebay, Craigslist and other online sources.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM

I went shopping today and was quoted $5999 for an 09. Add on setup fee, documentation, licensing and taxes and OTD was $7400. Didn't seem like such a great deal at that price as OTD price for an 11 was just $1300 more (he would take $500 of the 11 but not the 09).

Question for folks who have taken advantage of Kawasaki's promotion that knocks $500 off the price. If a dealer is advertising an 09 at a given price, should that $500 be subtracted from the price or is it already factored in?
Dealer was telling me it was already factored in but I smelt BS. Especially given the $500 off is now $750 as of Feb 1 and he had been advertising at $5799 but wanted to charge me $5999.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason View Post
Either that or a really bad echo...

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:08 PM

There is a new 2008 and with less then 100 miles on it and they are selling it for 4750.00 with tax.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM

I just got my '09 Versys about a week ago here in Arizona. There were two here in Arizona, one at Kelly's Kawasaki down the road from me and one at the RideNow in Tucson, 2 hours from me.

Now this may be because I'm in Arizona and everything seems to be a bit cheaper here but the sticker price for either of these '09s was $4999. These were zero mileage green or blue Versys'. For mine from Kelly's Kawasaki, after taxes, fees, license, and a basically free 5-year warranty attached, I walked out the door with a brand new bike for about $6700 with a great warranty.

We have some used, low mileage '08s for sale around here as well, slightly farkled, and selling for between $4000 and $4900. A friend just bought a higher mileage (13,000 mi.) red Versys with some rough fairing damage on one side for $2400.

Just throwing the info out there. I'd keep shopping.

LittleRider

"Ad augusta per angusta" ... "To great places by way of narrow roads"

"An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered. An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered" -- G.K. Chesterson

Check out my personal blog at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM

$4795 for a new blue '09 now available in New Jersey:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawas...Q5fmotorcycles

Super price?

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point

Last edited by miblue; 02-03-2011 at 11:59 AM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
djg

I got my new '09 blue Versys in Brainerd, MN last July for $4745.00 out the door. Taxes paid later in WI.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:26 PM

Hey Miblue, I bought my 09 V from the same ebay ad (Cycle world) for $5100. They treated me pretty good. Ask for Nate.. They sold 4 the week I bought mine. But I still haven't seen another one the road yet though.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRider View Post
I just got my '09 Versys about a week ago here in Arizona. There were two here in Arizona, one at Kelly's Kawasaki down the road from me and one at the RideNow in Tucson, 2 hours from me.
Just throwing the info out there. I'd keep shopping.
And around 5 in Casa Grande at Adrenalin MotorSports, for $4495 + fees.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everybody, I've done some shopping and now I can get one for $5200 plus tax no fees or used with 5k miles for 4500. I've heard the 2010 model has rubber engine mounts that reduces vibration. Is that true? Thanks
Steve
Denver
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Where are you Steve???
Denver
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason View Post
What do you mean?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 08:21 AM
rlj

several newer people, including myself have been asking a lot about pricing issues lately. For the guys that have been around for a while they see it way too much. Fortunately most of the responses are helpful for us newbs and I do appreciate their honest opinions.

It would be nice to have a sticky concerning price, not just a thread talking about the smoking deals someone got or how someone was screwed but explaining the price structure based on market, time of year, inventory, demo miles and other factors.

As mentioned earlier, in my market $5500 for a 09 seems to be a very good price, in Arizona or Minnesota you may be able to find a Versys cheaper.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlj View Post
several newer people, including myself have been asking a lot about pricing issues lately. For the guys that have been around for a while they see it way too much. Fortunately most of the responses are helpful for us newbs and I do appreciate their honest opinions.

It would be nice to have a sticky concerning price, not just a thread talking about the smoking deals someone got or how someone was screwed but explaining the price structure based on market, time of year, inventory, demo miles and other factors.

As mentioned earlier, in my market $5500 for a 09 seems to be a very good price, in Arizona or Minnesota you may be able to find a Versys cheaper.

Feel free to create it, do the research, fill in the blanks & I'll be glad to make it a sticky!

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 01:30 PM

To that end, many forums have a sticky reminding people to use the search function.

One problem is that those more novice to using these online forums don't notice the stickies or even know what they are for.

No disrespect to anyone, but why doesn't everyone lurk a forum for a week or two before jumping right in and making posts? Heck, I found all the info I needed on Versys pricing and the differences in the various model years within about three hours of lurking.

Steve - if you do a search about the rubber engine mounts you will find unpteen posts discussing it ad nauseum... but to answer your question, the consensus seems to be that they don't make enough perceptible difference to justify foregoing the savings of an '09 or older model.

"If One wishes to Win It, One must first Pin It."
69 Honda CB175 | 02 Honda XR80R | 06 Suzuki GSX-R600 | 08 Kawasaki Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode