Don't know the validity of the following, but it makes for a good read:
(sorry, it has Australian spelling of most words...the right way to spell...;-)
A lady got up very early one morning and went outside to pick-up the
Sunday paper, she noticed someone had sprayed red paint all around the
sides of the neighbours brand new beige truck. She went over and woke him
up and gave him the bad news. He was, of course extremely upset.
They stood there trying to figure out what could be done about the
problem. They decided there wasn't much recourse but to wait until
Monday, since nothing was open. Just then another neighbour came out of
his house, surveyed the situation and immediately went to get his WD-40
and cleaned the red paint off with it. Guess What! It cleaned up that
paint without harming the original paint on the truck! I'm impressed!!
Water Displacement #40. The product began from a search for A rust
preventative solvent and de greaser to protect Missile parts. WD- 40 was
created in 1953 by three technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical
Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water
displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth
formulation, thus WD-40. The Corvair Company bought it in bulk to
protect their atlas missile parts.
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is nothing in WD-40
that would hurt you...' IT IS MADE FROM FISH OIL' . When you read the
'shower door' part, try it. It's the first thing that has ever cleaned
that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as
glass. It is a miracle! Then try it on your stove-top... It is now
shinier than it has ever been before.
1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that `just-waxed` sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewellery chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidising.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Open some
windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car. Removed quickly, with
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, well as
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27 ) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for
easy handlin g.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve
37) Florida 's favourite use 'Cleans and removes love bugs from grills
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD -40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you
will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch.
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and
wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of
laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and Presto! Lipstick is
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will displace the
moisture and allow the car to start.
Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet. It is good for oven burns
or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling away and heals
with NO scarring.
Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL