Versys spotted. Cairo, Egypt - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys spotted. Cairo, Egypt

Watching the news today. During a clip of the rioting (the one where a man in a blue shirt and black slacks throws a tear gas grenade back at the police while a group of six men pull another man in every direction at the same time while beating him with shoes) low and behold in the background is a silver Versys. Not sure of the year. If you see this, what brand of top box did you use? Looks sharp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Watching the news today. During a clip of the rioting (the one where a man in a blue shirt and black slacks throws a tear gas grenade back at the police while a group of six men pull another man in every direction at the same time while beating him with shoes) low and behold in the background is a silver Versys. Not sure of the year. If you see this, what brand of top box did you use? Looks sharp!
I love this... tear gas grenades going off people beaten by shoes and by the way "hey buddy where did you get that top case"....Priceless

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I love this... tear gas grenades going off people beaten by shoes and by the way "hey buddy where did you get that top case"....Priceless
Exactly what I was thinkin!! Hahaha!! I love you guys!!!

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Forget about all the top case, someone should tell him he needs a fast orange one to get away from all the troubles.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Forget about all the top case, someone should tell him he needs a fast orange one to get away from all the troubles.

Now THAT is funny!!!

Hahaha!!!

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post

Now THAT is funny!!!

Hahaha!!!
Not sure what is funny about that, I am been very serious as his life may be in danger!!!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Not sure what is funny about that, I am been very serious as his life may be in danger!!!

From Shoe-acide..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 07:47 PM

Egypt!

Just think if we were stuck with the same president for 30 years! I think we would be rioting in the streets as well. I do not think we would be looking toward the Muslim Brotherhood for guidance but you never know. That day may come. As the women say behind the berka"Allahlahlhalhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

04 Triumph Bonneville 904 SE
08 Suzuki B King
10 Kawasaki 650 Versys
Vietnam 1969-1971
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

30 years plus he wants his son to take his place.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
Just think if we were stuck with the same president for 30 years! I think we would be rioting in the streets as well.
We should be rioting in the streets, 30 yrs ago we had Carter, now we have Carter II.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Vs View Post
We should be rioting in the streets, 30 yrs ago we had Carter, now we have Carter II.
Do you mean Carter the 2nd or twice as bad as Carter?
Whatever your perspective, we're all distracted with life and can't see the forest for the trees. Why is it that it seems like the politicians are more hindrance than help and in some cases outright hell-bent on tearing down society?

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Both sides of the isle better get their heads out of their a$$e$. As far as freedom? No presidency did more to take away our rights than did GW Bush so watch it if you decide to protest. But he was a redneck so I guess many people were happy with that. At least under Carter we had NO war.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Both sides of the isle better get their heads out of their a$$e$. As far as freedom? No presidency did more to take away our rights than did GW Bush so watch it if you decide to protest. But he was a redneck so I guess many people were happy with that. At least under Carter we had NO war.
No comment. What's the point!

04 Triumph Bonneville 904 SE
08 Suzuki B King
10 Kawasaki 650 Versys
Vietnam 1969-1971
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

I think someone should record a cover of The Bangles' "Walk Like an Egyptian," except this one would be called "Ride Like an Egyptian" and the video would feature a dude doing wheelies on an orange Versys, while he does that "walk like an Egyptian" hand move. When he stops the Versys, he pulls gas masks out of his topcase and gives them to protesters. Then a tank comes his way, and he zooms the Versys straight toward it, and he pops a wheelie when he gets to the tank, and he rides the bike up to the top of the tank and stops it there, on a dime. Then takes a leak down the hatch, just as an indignant Egyptian soldier pops his head out. Then the Egyptian soldier grins when he sees the Versys. Last thing you see: Orange Versys riding into the sunset, with the soldier riding pillion, and gas masks bouncing out of the open topcase.

Either that or a dude on a Versys, swinging away at riot cops with a machete.

2009 Versys
2004 EX-500
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
I think someone should record a cover of The Bangles' "Walk Like an Egyptian," except this one would be called "Ride Like an Egyptian" and the video would feature a dude doing wheelies on an orange Versys, while he does that "walk like an Egyptian" hand move. When he stops the Versys, he pulls gas masks out of his topcase and gives them to protesters. Then a tank comes his way, and he zooms the Versys straight toward it, and he pops a wheelie when he gets to the tank, and he rides the bike up to the top of the tank and stops it there, on a dime. Then takes a leak down the hatch, just as an indignant Egyptian soldier pops his head out. Then the Egyptian soldier grins when he sees the Versys. Last thing you see: Orange Versys riding into the sunset, with the soldier riding pillion, and gas masks bouncing out of the open topcase.

Either that or a dude on a Versys, swinging away at riot cops with a machete.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM

Troll alert!

Tell me if this looks familiar:

http://zrxoa.org/forums//showthread.php?t=254771

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Well I'll be ...
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
Tell me if this looks familiar:

http://zrxoa.org/forums//showthread.php?t=254771
OK Moto, I've been outed. Pardon me for having a sense of humor. I actually thought I saw a white Honda Helix but on review saw it was a motorcycle with a side-car, then an idea settled in and I wanted to see if i could generate a few laughs. I am also a member of the ZRXOA so I tweaked it to spec for that site. How did you find it? I had an 02 ZRX1200R.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
OK Moto, I've been outed. Pardon me for having a sense of humor. I actually thought I saw a white Honda Helix but on review saw it was a motorcycle with a side-car, then an idea settled in and I wanted to see if i could generate a few laughs. I am also a member of the ZRXOA so I tweaked it to spec for that site. How did you find it? I had an 02 ZRX1200R.
blipco, thought it was funny to, in a world full of troubles it is great to still have a sense of humour A merry heart does good like a medicine and science has proven that is a true principle.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
OK Moto, I've been outed...

How did you find it?
Stumbled across it by pure chance. I only visit ZRXOA rarely (but still, this is evidence I spend too much time on motorcycle forums).

It sounded fishy when I first saw it. I've spent a little time in Third World countries were people earn a few dollars a day on average, and I've never seen anyone ride a US$7000 motorcycle to a protest.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode