It's not a Versys but it'll do ... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's not a Versys but it'll do ...

This is a great forum and I doubt there is a better cyber group anywhere. I'll miss being part of the Frey. After a short while away from BMW I realized I had lost the urge to go to the garage and just stare at my bikes. Reminded me the joy of ownership is comprised of two components 1) How the machine works for you and 2) How the machine makes you feel. The Versys is a great bike but for some reason my heart just didn't go pitter patter. So now I've traded the little V and am back to slurping the BMW Kool-Aid. I just took delivery of a new 2010 R1200GSA with all options but stability control. I'd like to still hang out if you'll have me. I've attached a stock photo of my exact bike (over a foot of snow on the ground here in Michigan so not great weather for a photo shoot) so you guys can keep an eye out for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010-bmw-r1200gs-adventure-front.jpg (78.6 KB, 279 views)

'10 BMW R1200GS Adventure
'11 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by TCAdventure; 01-16-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 PM

I'm new around here, but I'd say hang around all you want! I don't particularly care what someone rides, but rather that they ride. Your analysis of the pride of ownership is well said.

Beautiful bike by the way, did you look at a 30th Anniversary Ed? I covet one of them, but am not in a position to pop for one just yet, one in college and one on the way!

Stay in touch, and we'll see you out on the road.

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
I'm new around here, but I'd say hang around all you want! I don't particularly care what someone rides, but rather that they ride. Your analysis of the pride of ownership is well said.

Beautiful bike by the way, did you look at a 30th Anniversary Ed? I covet one of them, but am not in a position to pop for one just yet, one in college and one on the way!

Stay in touch, and we'll see you out on the road.
Thanks ZG. The Anniversary GS Adventures are pretty scarce these days. That's what I would have gotten if I could have found one. I did consider a Anniversary GS (non-adventure) that my dealer had in stock. In the end, I wanted back on a big adventure so they gave me a fair deal on their last 2010. I'm happy.

'11 BMW S1000RR

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:23 PM

Now you and Charlie&Ewan can hang together (Long Way Around). Glad for you, and it is a sweet ride. I too, could not spring for one of those but I like em alot.
Stick around and share in the stories all you want.
Ride far my friend.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:33 PM

Life is too short to not ride exactly whatever best spins your propeller!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:52 PM

That is awesome, and as said you gotta go with what moves you. Different colors and flavors, it is all good. There is a lot to be said about "you don't know what you got until it's gone". Enjoy the new BMW, a very nice machine indeed (when the snow melts that is!)
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'll probably start riding when the snow melts in late March/early April. However, my first "trip" in the spring will be a loop around Lake Superior. I'll head to Copper Harbor (the Northern most point in Michigan's upper peninsula), then through Wisconsin, Minnesota and up to Thunder Bay in Ontario. I'll follow Superior to the Canadian Sioux. Then back down to Michigan and toward home. The trip could be done in 3 or 4 days of hard riding. I'll take 7-10 and smell the roses. Anyone who would like to join is welcome. I'm planning it for late May/early June.

'11 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by TCAdventure; 01-16-2011 at 03:46 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Wow! Nice!!!

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:37 PM

That's quite a rig. By all means stick around.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Very nice looks like she got plenty of protection in case of a spill. All the best with your new horse.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Great looking bike. Only thing i dislike is the spoked wheels. Hang around and post some more photos when you get a chance.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Very nice looks like she got plenty of protection in case of a spill. All the best with your new horse.
Which would come in handy for me with a 600 pound beast off road! I've seen Long Way Around, and Ewan dropped it on several occasions. So would I.

My Album:
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Great looking bike. Only thing i dislike is the spoked wheels. Hang around and post some more photos when you get a chance.
LOL. Spokes are standard on the GS Adventure. On the GS cast wheels are standard and spokes are an option that cost $500. To some they don't look as nice but spokes are much stronger than cast wheels.

'11 BMW S1000RR
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Which would come in handy for me with a 600 pound beast off road! I've seen Long Way Around, and Ewan dropped it on several occasions. So would I.
I have no aspirations to ride the "Beast" in dirt bike territory. She'll primarily spend her life on the road less traveled - with road being the operative word. May see an occasional fire road but the will be the extent of it (probably won't run into Charlie or Ewan where I'll be adventuring). I chose the GSA for it's touring capability, fuel range, versatility and overall competence. This is my fifth GS and they just seem to work for me (actually been riding them since before they were cool ).

'11 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by TCAdventure; 01-17-2011 at 06:17 AM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 AM

You traitor; don't let the door hit your a55 on the way out!

Just kidding of course...

I looked at a R1200 a while back but since I take my Versys down gravel roads I just couldn't justify spending that much on a bike I might drop. Whatever suits you, it's your money... LOL. Kidding again. I might get rid of the Versys some day in exchange for whatever large BMW "dual purpose" is available but for now I'm happy with the little Kawasaki.

My toys:
'09 Versys in Cool Lime ~ '06 Harley Roadking
'95 Suzuki DR350S ~ '94 Suzuki DR350S
'09 Kawi STX15F jet ski ~ '07 Kawi STX12F Jetski
'09 Yamaha Superjet ~ '13 Ram 4X4 3500 Cummins
'09 BMW 535i ~ '10 Kubota B3300SU
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM

Nice ride. Two wheels are good wheels. I'd really like to get the new Tiger 800xc one day, in addition to my Versys, whcih is so cheap to own and fun in the twisties I'll be hanging onto it.

Those GSA 1200's are bitchen bikes.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:44 PM

Im not jealous of the bike, Im jealous of the fact you have garage space and time for 3 bikes. I used to own 2 but with under 2000 miles a year I just couldn't justify the hassle. BMW swingarms are absolutely beautiful. Nice pic.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
I covet one of them, but am not in a position to pop for one just yet, one in college and one on the way!
Wow, you have them kind of spread out!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAdventure View Post
This is a great forum and I doubt there is a better cyber group anywhere. I'll miss being part of the Frey. After a short while away from BMW I realized I had lost the urge to go to the garage and just stare at my bikes. Reminded me the joy of ownership is comprised of two components 1) How the machine works for you and 2) How the machine makes you feel. The Versys is a great bike but for some reason my heart just didn't go pitter patter. So now I've traded the little V and am back to slurping the BMW Kool-Aid. I just took delivery of a new 2010 R1200GSA with all options but stability control. I'd like to still hang out if you'll have me. I've attached a stock photo of my exact bike (over a foot of snow on the ground here in Michigan so not great weather for a photo shoot) so you guys can keep an eye out for me.
You suck immense amounts of ass. This is me very...Jealous! Nice bike!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I'll be checking in now and again. No takers so far for the Superior trip but I'll report back so you guys know what you missed.

'11 BMW S1000RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode