Vibration from engine after 8000 miles - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-14-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Fab

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Vibration from engine after 8000 miles

Hey, I got a 2008 Model Versys that has about 8000 miles and since last week I can feel some vibrations that come from the engine or around it, I'm not talking about the vibrations from front plastics.
All engine fitting bolts have been checked and no issue.
The vibrations comes only when clutch is engaged, on whatever gear I am, and can be felt from very low rpm.
Has anyone had this, any clue .. ?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Does the drive chain tension vary as you rotate rear wheel off the ground, engine stopped? Are you only feeling it more in the footpegs? Have you changed footwear at about 8000 miles? Is it a pulsating or steady vibration? Is the vibration frequency relative to travelling speed or engine speed? Can it be heard too?

Last edited by invader; 01-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 07:18 AM

check clutch release beraing, a spring bolt not back out?, centre nut loose?, basket/plate finger gooved/wear?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 133bhp View Post
check clutch release beraing, a spring bolt not back out?, centre nut loose?, basket/plate finger gooved/wear?
No release bearing on a wet multi-plate clutch, but I agree that the clutch is a possible cause.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 AM

Have another look? - Cable/release shaft/push rod/release bearing/pressure plate, as standaard on millions of bikes.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 AM

The clutch release shaft needle bearings would only affect clutch release actuation.
The clutch spring plate bearing (could also be called release bearing ) turns when clutch is released (disengaged), and wouldn't cause vibrations with clutch engaged... A bad spring plate bearing would be noisy when clutch is released.

Last edited by invader; 01-18-2011 at 05:11 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:00 AM

Frankly, I disagree with your original and subsequent points but rather rthan get into a another lengthy debate as elsehwre, you seem to agree, after an edit, there is a bearing afterall, so I;ll leave it there.

The real point is; I'm more concerned about throwing out suggestions to this guys problem rather than I am finding others sugestions wrong, Short of some distatrous advice I dont partuclary care who's right or wrong frankly, noting I made no comment about your original sugestion for example. Overall, with repsct to the OP, I take any noises/knocks decibed online or face to face with a pinch of salt as are notrioulsy diffuclt to describie/isolate. Not least as often clutch engage/disenege is used interchangably anyway, but taken at face value, I give a brief suggestion knowing it will prob be something completely unrelated anyway
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 AM

I too find the descrition given by the OP somewhat unclear, but it sounds like this is a problem when the bike is in gear and moving. If that's the case I would be looking at the chain and sprockets.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 08:13 AM

The O/P made only one post and has not responded to any suggestions.....
....hmmmm........legitimate?????
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 09:30 AM

I think the same guy is posting on the UK forum about the same problem, and he's active there.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Fab

Hello guys!
Thanks for your feedbacks, sorry for late reply I couldn't check forums last couple days.
The vibrations are steady and seem to be linked to the traveling speed, can be felt in foot pegs as well as on the handles.

Yes I posted also on the UK forum, to see if I'm really the only one with this problem.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 PM

Clutch is engaged and transmitting power from the engine to tranny when you're not pulling clutch lever in. Pulling clutch lever in releases (disengages) clutch...

Have you checked if your chain tension changes as your rotate rear wheel, with rear suspension fully extended to get proper measurement?

Last edited by invader; 01-19-2011 at 10:59 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab View Post
Hello guys!
Thanks for your feedbacks, sorry for late reply I couldn't check forums last couple days.
The vibrations are steady and seem to be linked to the traveling speed, can be felt in foot pegs as well as on the handles.

Yes I posted also on the UK forum, to see if I'm really the only one with this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Clutch is engaged and transmitting power from the engine to tranny when you're not pulling clutch lever in. Pulling clutch lever in releases (disengages) clutch...

Have you checked if your chain tension changes as your rotate rear wheel, with rear suspension fully extended to get proper measurement?
As Invader says above.

Sounds like a chain which has become very dry at some previous point in time.
It overheated due to friction and destroyed some of the O-rings and lost all its internal lubrication at curtain links, ie got Sha**ed and had become very loose. You have then adjusted and oiled it, but it is now giving you these symptoms. But who knows - just my 2d.

Richard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TowerMan; 01-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 AM

good example of symptom description changing half way through ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode