Has anyone contacted Kawasaki corp. and asked... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone contacted Kawasaki corp. and asked...

Curious if anyone has called or emailed kawi corp. and asked what happens to their warranty if they alter the oiling, or cooling system of their bike.
If someone has already, please post their response.
If not I will write them this week and see what they say.
I am interested to know what their response would be to altering either of these systems.

Time alone with ones thoughts, is quality time.

They say there is a lack of jobs. Seems here to be more a lack of people willing to work hard, and take pride in the work they do.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Limitations stated in paragraph 4 of your Kawasaki Warranty. The warranty shall not apply to or include any of the following:

repair or replacement required as a result of, accident, misuse or neglect, lack of reasonable and proper maintenance, repairs improperly performed or replacements improperly installed, use of replacement parts not conforming to kawasaki specifications which adversely affect performance or durability, alterations of modifications not recommended or approved in writing by kawasaki, wear or deteroration occasioned by the use of the motorcycle.

routine maintenance services and adjustments.

I am certain if you tell them you are going to alter their oiling or cooling system they will tell you to pound sand should you have problems....

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 11:56 AM

Haven't written, but common sense would tell me any alteration of their mechanical set up would in-validate their warranty.

Only thing you can do without getting into trouble is farkle.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:00 PM

...or keep a spare set of radiator hoses and your old thermostat, if I've identified your mod correctly.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Warranties.. Now your talking about scare tactics and alot of b/s this post is associated with from the TB thread. My 12 month warranty runs out tomorrow not wasting the money or sleep by not buying the extended one. have had lots of cars and motorcycles very few things were ever repaired under warranty and zero were ever repaired under an extended warranty.. if something happens thats the cost of ownership....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Warranty should be honored if any mod connot be proven to be the cause of problem or breakdown, as stated in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...ty-intact.html

Kawasaki's PR is relatively very poor, and are usually highly resistant to approving warranty repairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstandinghorse View Post
Just under 21,000 miles but I ride it pretty hard. The engine started making a noise in the Winter. I did something I shouldn't have done, rev the engine up with it sitting still after start up. The engine immediately made a different noise. I took it to the dealer and they changed the oil and filter and said it was fine, that it was just low on oil. The engine did sound ok after that but I know it did damage. The engine gradually got louder and sounded like the valves. I had them checked and they said they were ok. I then took it back again and they said the camshaft chain might be loose. I then took it back again and they said they couldn't get it to make that noise. A few days later the motor blew. I put about 10,000 mile on the bike from the first time I took it to the shop until it blew. It does still run but you can tell by the sound something is way bad inside the engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimstandinghorse View Post
My warranty was up in February. I took my bike to the shop the first time in January when it was still under warranty. They said it was making a noise then because it was low on oil. I had a non OEM filter on and took it off at the last minute and put the Kawasaki filter back on incase they said anything about it. But, I forgot to check the oil because I just changed the filters and lost some oil which was in the one I just put on. So everysince that first visit the dealer has used the excuse that I brought my bike in and it was low on oil and probably did some damage. When I brought my bike in a couple weeks ago they brought up the fact that I had the longer Purolator Pure One filter on my bike. Then went into a big technical thing about not running a Kawasaki filter and that they contacted Kawasaki and they said nobody has had a problem with the Versys engine. So for everybody out there take this advice. If you take your bike to the shop with any engine issues make sure it has a Kawasaki oil filter on it and that your oil level is good. Otherwise you might get screwed. This is my first and last Kawasaki and I'll never buy anything from this dealer again.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=4859

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornrider View Post
Okay all side topics asisde. Kawasaki took care of it. The ONE thing that really pissed off was that the Kawasaki warranty dude "Mike" accused thedealer of doing shotty work was trying to cover their ass on warranty. After the dealer they accused me of having someone other an acceridited Kawasaki dealer of doing a crappy valve job. Well I have to say that as a 1st motorcycle owner I would not have taken it to anyone other than someone who knew what the HECK they were doing and if this is how "Mike" or any other warranty man at Kawasaki does business I would be glad to do business with Yamaha. Ihear that the FJR is a lovely cruising machine for long distance travels.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=2494

Extended warranty.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...read.php?t=590
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode