Kawasaki questionnaire on my NEW '09 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Kawasaki questionnaire on my NEW '09

This morning I received a questionnaire from "Ma" Kawasaki about why I bought, and how I feel about, my new 2009 Versys, so I took 20 minutes and answered it to the best of my abilities. Everything was rated from 1 to 10 (bad to great) plus not applicable, and for everything that I 'down-rated' (seat, mirrors, vibes and buzzing) they came up with a supplemental question requesting a written answer.

I wrote answers that reflect the majority of us (AND directed them to THIS forum to check them out), and even stated that I had complained to the HTSB about the mirrors on my 2008.

Also told them that I LOVE my Versys'.

Wonder if anything will come of this...?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Computer generated surveys annoy me. I never fill them out. If Kawasaki really wants to know what the riders think, all they have to do is come on the forum and read! But I hope
they make some significant changes in '12, because I think Triumph is going to take the adventure/tall touring market, at least abroad.

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 01-04-2011 at 12:45 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

I filled one out for my 08 as well...

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 12:57 PM

Imagine how our bikes would look and feel if manufactures bothered with browsing motorcycle forums from time to time.
They don't realize how much 'Research and Development" we do for them.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Computer generated surveys annoy me. I never fill them out. If Kawasaki really wants to know what the riders think, all they have to do is come on the forum and read! But I hope
they make some significant changes in '12, because I think Triumph is going to take the adventure/tall touring market, at least abroad.
I agree with you Element, the Triumph is going to lead the duo adventure tall bike, the V is better priced for what you get and is an awesome bike but the Triumph is more refined and they are specializing more in this kind of market. This duo market is becoming alot more popular in the motorcycle arena. Triumph is catering to this market.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 04:00 PM

The Versys would be a great bike
IF:
1.The brakes weren't ****
2.The Mirrors weren't ****
3.The Seat wasn't ****
4.The front and rear suspension wasn't ****.
5.The Mirrors weren't ****
6. It didn't rattle and vibrate like $2 dildo.
7. Had more power.

-Think its time for me to sell mine.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM

I think it's cool that Kawi even asks your/our opinion. User input is something all companies should welcome, but not let dictate what they do.
Tails wagging dogs always lead to trouble...imo.

Thanks for voicing what most of us are thinking Fasteddiecopeman.

A couple meaningful tweaks on their end and heck even I might get another one....YELLOW of course....sorry green!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Thanks for filling it out, and mentioning the issues that are known.
Hopefully enough people mention these problem areas, and they change at least some stuff.

Time alone with ones thoughts, is quality time.

They say there is a lack of jobs. Seems here to be more a lack of people willing to work hard, and take pride in the work they do.

Frank
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
IF:
3.The Seat wasn't ****
7. Had more power.

Since your bike is ****, I'll give you $500 sight unseen.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Since your bike is ****, I'll give you $500 sight unseen.
Come on Cap'n! It's **** in mint condition! Just pay me $6500 and you'll come out smelling like a rose.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Come on Cap'n! It's **** in mint condition! Just pay me $650 and you'll come out smelling like a rose.
It may be mint, but it's still ****. OK I'll give you $650. I have never smelt like a rose.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM

I did pretty much the same thing with the survey on my '09...summarized stuff from this forum and suggested that they might want to drop in and read some threads.

The problem with these surveys is they are invariably done by the marketing company that has the Kawa contract and the results only go back to the marketing firm. They summarize with numerical scores and that goes to Kawa who mostly decide what models to keep, which to retool and which to dump. The rest they use to drive the marketing.

At least that is what some similar operations I am familiar with do.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
VOC -Voice of customers is a crucial part of development and hope Kawas has listen to us.

Somewhere, someday someone will pay the price if you dont listen to VOC. that's today business scenario.

Thanks for highlight the present issues on the V and remember that we bought the Versys on our account and no one push us to it. if it's a mistake buying a Versys , you either live with it or sell it and move one.IMHO

But then I got no complaints what so even on my Blue V

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
IF:
3.The Seat wasn't ****
7. Had more power.

Well, cough up the dough for a BMW.

I filled out the questionnaire completely than realized it wasn't even from Kawasaki so I scrapped it. Just somebody else wanting my info.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimel View Post

The problem with these surveys is they are invariably done by the marketing company that has the Kawa contract and the results only go back to the marketing firm. They summarize with numerical scores and that goes to Kawa who mostly decide what models to keep, which to retool and which to dump. The rest they use to drive the marketing.

At least that is what some similar operations I am familiar with do.
Sounds likely. After a Triumph factory demo last year, I got a phone call asking a bunch of questions about my experience. When I mentioned that I'd already answered all of them on the questionnaire at the end of the ride, the nice lady on the other end of the line didn't know anything about it. I suppose the paper version goes to the dealer and/or regional HQ, and the phone results to the N.A. office or something.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM

I love my Versys... sure there are a couple of things that I would change but for the most part she is perfect!

I do agree that they should start reading the threads and make changes based on all the R&D that we do for them. When I win the lottery and create my own motorcycle company I will do just that!

Okay back to the real world.

"The feeling isnt fear, its just telling you to move" Rancid

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." Dad

09 Versys
Green

Mikes touring shield
Garmin Nuvi 500
Wolfman Tank panniers
HT Teton's
Wolfman Expedition Large Duffel
Seahorse top box SE540

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Well, cough up the dough for a BMW.
Therein lies the issue my friend. For 3xs more, I get twice the bike with a BMW. I have a versys in the garage that doesn't cost me anything. For how much I ride (I dont like to commute on a bike) that works. However, that means I have a bike in the garage that I don't ride but every once in a while.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 PM

"After a Triumph factory demo last year, I got a phone call asking a bunch of questions about my experience. When I mentioned that I'd already answered all of them on the questionnaire at the end of the ride, the nice lady on the other end of the line didn't know anything about it. I suppose the paper version goes to the dealer and/or regional HQ, and the phone results to the N.A. office or something."

Perhaps you're still under the impression that there's "someone in charge", "a plan", or "someone who knows what's going on" within most organizations. My experience dealing with banks, the IRS, city government, state government, federal government, the medical industry and law enforcement (among many others) would suggest otherwise.

It's truly terrifying how much of this world is Seat of the Pants.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode