Happy Freaking New Year - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Happy Freaking New Year

So, how many of you loyal Versys riders went for a ride to wring out 2010? I had a plan to do it, but Motorcyclist kind of inspired me any way. Seemed like there were quite a few of us; riders in general; saying Farewell to 2010. I hope you were one of them and that the New Year brings more favorable conditions for all of us.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 07:05 PM

Happy New Year back at you; and I did get to ride today, thank God! I was riding too fast, as I often do. I noticed that a crosswind gust at 90 is not a good feeling!

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 08:14 PM

I rode today, plan on riding tomorrow. I promised I'd take my daughter out for a ride, should be fun.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 08:14 PM

Happy New Year to all you V riders! Was my intention to ride today but noticed all 4 cages needed some washing (salt all over) and before i knew it the day was almost done. I sure hope i could to ride tomorrow(in the 50s) to welcome 2011.

Gerald
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Rode yesterday AND today. Left to ride to Mass (8 highway miles each way) at 0700, temp aprox. 25F here in Florence, AZ. "TourMaster" jacket liner plugged in and set at HIGH - one of the first times I've been over MEDIUM!

Toasty!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 12:26 PM

Happy New Years Guys!
It'll be a great year.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 04:49 PM

Did a 6 hour ride yesterday from northern VA down to tidewater. Forgot they had 12 inches of snow a week or so back and got onto some dirt roads covered with snow. With street tires it turned into an epic afternoon with a few tip overs and a lot of foot dragging! By the time I got out of King and Queen county and back on the superslab near Fredricksburg I was covered in mud. I got a few looks to say the least from fellow bikers on the way home:-) Fun day and Im sore as hell from all the pushing and picking up.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-01-2011, 05:09 PM

I was out in the shop and sat on my bike for a few minutes this AM trying to determine if I want a 1" riser or a 2" riser...does that count? You could ice skate in my driveway and on most roads around here and the high for the day was 17 F. It was 1 F at midnight. Didn't even see many cagers out and about last night.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
So, how many of you loyal Versys riders went for a ride to wring out 2010? I had a plan to do it, but Motorcyclist kind of inspired me any way. Seemed like there were quite a few of us; riders in general; saying Farewell to 2010. I hope you were one of them and that the New Year brings more favorable conditions for all of us.
I started my new year purchasing a low mile Green Machine . . . very impressed . . . puts the Wee-Strom to Shame!

My SW-Motech Crash Bars arrived today . . . will install this weekend.

Motorcycle Maniac

2009 Versys, 2009 DL650, 2013 CB500X ABS
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
mcmann and what a great way to star a new year.

Ride safe and be safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode