Posts time stamp off by 7 hours? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Posts time stamp off by 7 hours?

It a minor annoyance, but since I've been on this forum, the postings are 7 hours off . I've looked through the settings on the website, but don't see a place to indicate time zones.

Just me?

It's 10:03 AM here.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 9.55.28 AM.png (16.0 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
There is a place to change your time zone. Click on User CP up in the right corner under the search bar, then go down the menu on the left hand side until you see the Settings and Options group and click on Edit options. From there scroll down until you see the Time Zones section. There you can pick your time zone.

The urge to buy terrorizes
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks ItsForrest. I poked around in the settings but couldn't find it.

Small victories

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Tools > User Control Panel (aka CP) > Edit Options
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
I will Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
It a minor annoyance, but since I've been on this forum, the postings are 7 hours off . I've looked through the settings on the website, but don't see a place to indicate time zones.

Just me?

It's 10:03 AM here.
first you click on user CP , to the left of Log Out
The third down on the left coloumn under Your Profile
is Settings & Options the fourth down under that heading is Edit Options click this
The very first heading says Login & Privacy
Next one is Messaging & Notification take your time and go through this as some can't receive PM because of this not being set properly

OK keep scrolling down and Date & Time Options shows up,

Set the appropriate one for your neck of the woods, then scroll down even further to Miscellaneous Options at the very bottom of this heading it says SAVE CHANGES
if you don't click save changes, nothing changes.

Last edited by onewizard; 11-05-2017 at 08:08 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
first you click on user CP , to the left of Log Out
The third down on the left coloumn under Your Profile
is Settings & Options the fourth down under that heading is Edit Options click this
The very first heading says Login & Privacy
Next one is Messaging & Notification take your time and go through this as some can't receive PM because of this not being set properly

OK keep scrolling down and Date & Time Options shows up,

Set the appropriate one for your neck of the woods, then scroll down even further to Miscellaneous Options at the very bottom of this heading it says SAVE CHANGES
if you don't click save changes, nothing changes.
Never gave it much though but mine was off too-easy to set-now do you have any idea why this site takes so long to load(at lease for me )I'm running 100 megs speed but it takes 10-15 sec to load each page it's only this site that's slow using my laptop??

Deep in Cajun Country
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

So it wasn’t just me!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

FYI I am still Learning!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboy View Post
Never gave it much though but mine was off too-easy to set-now do you have any idea why this site takes so long to load(at lease for me )I'm running 100 megs speed but it takes 10-15 sec to load each page it's only this site that's slow using my laptop??
One more setting, under user CP, Your Profile / Edit Your Details, part way down Toggle Right sidebar , Disable
this gets rid of the advertising etc. make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and hit Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
So it wasn’t just me!
Yes I am still learning, sometimes it is the question that turns on my troubleshooting skills, been doing that for over 40 years, once turned on it drives me to find a answer. I look back, a lot of problems on this site , I found that answer for.
As to slowness, it took 30 minutes for my Dell Inspiron laptop to finally load FireFox after one crash and unresponsive script, all the time my physical being is saying , throw it through the door, not my connection as the desktop computer is working fine, I am just not allowed to use it

Last edited by onewizard; 08-26-2017 at 09:18 AM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
One more setting, under user CP, Your Profile / Edit Your Details, part way down Toggle Right sidebar , Disable
this gets rid of the advertising etc. make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom and hit Save
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've done this and that annoying right sidebar is still there. I don't think adblocking plugins be causing it, as I've tried loading the site with them disabled. I have just added the sidebar to the block list and just have a white space on the right now. Much faster!

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.

Last edited by 16VGTIDave; 08-27-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added details
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

What Version Are You Using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16VGTIDave View Post
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I've done this and that annoying right sidebar is still there. I don't think adblocking plugins be causing it, as I've tried loading the site with them disabled. I have just added the sidebar to the block list and just have a white space on the right now. Much faster!
I am running the Kawasaki Versys Full Light , in user CP scroll all the way to the bottom, left bottom if you are using full light, this is in the black area, it shows what version you are using, also you can change it here. FYI as stated previously, checking a box won't do it, you need to click Save Changes The advantage of disabling the right side bar in full light is the text and everything else is full page width .The only thing to the right is the Smilies , looking at my monitor I have 16 inches wide per line of text. Since I wear trifocals it makes reading a breeze . In fact the post is 17 inches wide once saved.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Yup. I'm using the same theme, and the setting to disable the side bar is set. And yet the side bar still shows, unless I block it with AdBlock - which is what I'm doing. It's probably an issue with the older forum software (why most forums have switched to XenForo).

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Windows 7&10 FireFox & Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16VGTIDave View Post
Yup. I'm using the same theme, and the setting to disable the side bar is set. And yet the side bar still shows, unless I block it with AdBlock - which is what I'm doing. It's probably an issue with the older forum software (why most forums have switched to XenForo).
As in the title, using chrome I had ABP , however it is disabled on this site as some things won't display for me as a mod. Both systems and both browsers have the sidebar gone with that setting. As I said before, even on the laptop I have close to a foot per sentence of text, across the screen while composing, the only thing to the right is the smilies. Once posted it is more like 14 inches of text per sentence. For me it was annoying, if it annoyed me it probably did for others, hence my effort to help. If you are happy with your work around NP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode