• 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By captpfd
  • 1 Post By Hallux

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to NightRider
Arrow 2018 Versys 650

Looks like they already released color schemes for 2018. Any thoughts?

https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/produc...w1eDllfCwkODFw

It appears that this year's "Special Edition" color scheme will come as standard, i.e. without extra charge I presume.

Personally I'm not impressed by the color choices, there are so many better, vivid colors.

Last edited by NightRider; 08-25-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:34 AM

The candy lime scheme is a little busy for my taste, but I like the other two.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Indeed on the bringing white back and the new matte green. Both look good.
turn8a likes this.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 11:08 AM

Garage
Wonder what boring colors the US will get. Personally, I never understood the matt colors. Reminds me of my friends cars growing up that were bondo'd and primer'd, but never painted.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to NightRider
I don't know, they look boring to me, generic.
What's wrong with cherry red? Or dark blue? Or perhaps even dark lavender? All metallic of course.
That would've been a hell of a lot better than 2 greens and a white.

Seems to me all good colors are reserved for Ninjas and Versys gets the recycled, crap colors.
I don't understand, why can't they step out of the box and use some really good, appealing colors?
andyversystheworld likes this.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:04 PM

Garage
The white looks nice which means they won't bring it to Canada.

--------------------------------
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Barkbuster Storm Guards
SW Motech Riser Block
Givi D405ST Windscreen
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 04:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Wonder what boring colors the US will get. Personally, I never understood the matt colors. Reminds me of my friends cars growing up that were bondo'd and primer'd, but never painted.

I'm not wild about the matte colors also. When we were getting the oldest boy his car at the local BMW dealership. They had some cars in the matte colors i though they looked like crap. But i really do like my Matte Titatium Versys 1000. Go Figure..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 05:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I'm not wild about the matte colors also. When we were getting the oldest boy his car at the local BMW dealership. They had some cars in the matte colors i though they looked like crap. But i really do like my Matte Titatium Versys 1000. Go Figure..
I polished the matte black tank on my '11. Looked so much better. LOL!
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:04 PM

I have the 2015 white and have added some accent red color to it on rims and decals etc. and it's not bad. I like the 2018 also in white and green, the other colors are just oK. I agree, lets see some like the colors from the older V650's, yellow, blue, red etc.
weljo2001 and NightRider like this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:37 PM

I've got the 2016 matte orange and I like it for difference sake but prefer the metallic green on my Ninja.

These colors, the white with accents is good, the dark green looks like crap and the one with all the decals reminds me of Hot Wheels, a bit garish but fun in a way.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 08:39 PM

Garage
That dark green looks good. I wish they would do something about those "skid plates". Took mine off since they're useless weight.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indelibility View Post
That dark green looks good. I wish they would do something about those "skid plates". Took mine off since they're useless weight.
Are you talking about the plastic that bolts to the sides of the engine -if not what skid plates

Deep in Cajun Country
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 06:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorboy View Post
Quote:
Are you talking about the plastic that bolts to the sides of the engine -if not what skid plates
Trees. I know they're shrouds to hide the exhaust, but damn they're ugly.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 08:15 AM

Garage
Quote:
Trees. I know they're shrouds to hide the exhaust, but damn they're ugly.
Funny you say that. The FZ-07 doesn't come with the shrouds to hide the exhaust and to me it didn't look complete so I just had to spend the money to add them.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 03:35 PM

Garage
I don't like any of those colors. The white is "okay". Glad I got my black 17'.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 12:56 AM

I am picking up my Matt black 2017 in 2 weeks. The dealer thought he could not get the black in the UK but I explained I only wanted the black. 2018 colours....white is passable but others? Would not buy. I love my Matt black bike but would have loved a wider choice. .yellow, purple, sky blue .....rainbow colours!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRider View Post
I don't know, they look boring to me, generic.
What's wrong with cherry red? Or dark blue? Or perhaps even dark lavender? All metallic of course.
That would've been a hell of a lot better than 2 greens and a white.

Seems to me all good colors are reserved for Ninjas and Versys gets the recycled, crap colors.
I don't understand, why can't they step out of the box and use some really good, appealing colors?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 04:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididar View Post
The white looks nice which means they won't bring it to Canada.
So I called that correctly. The Canadian site is updated and no white available. I'm not a fan of dark coloured bikes and was hoping that next year I'd be buying a new Versys. Guess not.

--------------------------------
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Barkbuster Storm Guards
SW Motech Riser Block
Givi D405ST Windscreen
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 08:21 AM

US colors will be the white/green combination, and matte black/red will be the other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
407guy likes this.

Last edited by Hallux; 10-02-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode