Lust Racing Versys 650 Lowering Kit 2016-2017 - Should I buy it? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to NightRider
Lust Racing Versys 650 Lowering Kit 2016-2017 - Should I buy it?

I finally decided to go with the lowering kit, but Motowerk does not deliver to my country so I was checking things on eBay and ran into this:

Lust Racing Kawasaki Versys 650 Lowering Kit 2016-2017 Lower shock mount LE 650E

It looks good and 4cm lower is just what I'm looking for, but I wanted to ask first if anyone knows anything about it? Has anyone used it?

P.S.
This is their official page with the lowering kit (yes, those typos got me worried lol):
http://www.lustracing.co.uk/suspensi...ering-kit.html

Last edited by NightRider; 08-24-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 11:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRider View Post
I finally decided to go with the lowering kit, but Motowerk does not deliver to my country so I was checking things on eBay and ran into this:

Lust Racing Kawasaki Versys 650 Lowering Kit 2016-2017 Lower shock mount LE 650E

It looks good and 4cm lower is just what I'm looking for, but I wanted to ask first if anyone knows anything about it? Has anyone used it?

P.S.
This is their official page with the lowering kit (yes, those typos got me worried lol):
Kawasaki Versys 650 Lowering kits | 2016 Versys KLE650E lowering kit | 2007-2015 Versys KLE650A lowering kit | Lust Racing

There has been some negative post on the Versys 1000 Forum on the Lust Kit for the V-1000's plus it seems they don't respond to e-mails...https://www.versys1000.com
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for Posting/Work Order Pulled

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
There has been some negative post on the Versys 1000 Forum on the Lust Kit for the V-1000's plus it seems they don't respond to e-mails...https://www.versys1000.com
If this post was on the UK Versys site it would be banned. My view is this is a excellent forum, comments like yours Joe helps everyone, in fact when I see one of your posts it gets my attention. In reference to the title, since the X300 was added to this site, I feel the sub forum for the V1000 isn't getting used and in fact is hard to find. I am requesting that admin. duplicates the X300 with the V1000, move the posts from the sub forum to the new one.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-24-2017, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to NightRider
I checked out that forum and I only found one guy complaining about it, and that's because he couldn't get the bike on the center stand after installing it.
That makes sense though since he lowered it and by doing that he increased the lever strength/weight required to lift the bike on the stand.
Because when you lower the bike, the center stand touches the ground at an increased angle thereby increasing the short, imaginary end of the center stand lever mechanism.

Other than that, I didn't find any specifically negative posts about it, e.g. "Lust lowering kit broke in half" or something like that which I don't think any sensible moderator would ban because it's in the interest of safety for everyone. Don't you think?

They might have not answered the email for many reasons, none of which personally matter to me since I won't be emailing them. I just need them to post the damn thing to me.
So far I'm not convinced that they're 'fake', for lack of a better term. I do need that lowering kit and, like I mentioned, Motowerk does not deliver to my country so I'm out of luck there.

Last edited by NightRider; 08-24-2017 at 05:52 PM. Reason: *email (not phone)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode