Insane is not a good enough word - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Insane is not a good enough word

This guy has lost all of his marbles and is on the verge of loosing his life. Cool video but WOW this guy is nuts!

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...igh_speed.html

"The feeling isnt fear, its just telling you to move" Rancid

"If you really want to do something, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." Dad

09 Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Green
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mikes touring shield
Garmin Nuvi 500
Wolfman Tank panniers
HT Teton's
Wolfman Expedition Large Duffel
Seahorse top box SE540

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 02:25 PM

There is a fascination with this guy on every motorcycle forum.
Apart from this commute is very long, I've seen people do much more insane things in traffic.
His low-speed control of the bike is impressive and I would like to have that sort of feel for the brakes.

Some of the most insane clips I've seen are from Greece costal roads. I can't find them now but maybe some of our Greek members can help?

Here is a bit of local idiocy. And this road is in horrible condition. A sane person would not go above 90-100 km/h in a car.

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 03:39 PM

He is good at looking where he wants to go, you gotta say that.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 03:41 PM

Hopefully when this guy crashes he doesn't murder any innocent civilians. Great ammo for those who think there should be limits on bike performance. You do not want to crash into me doing that stupid crap, believe it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 05:15 PM

I wonder if he has his high-beam on?

It's easy to see the guy is skilled for sure...obviously has the brakes and clutch "covered," anticipates things nicely (I like the way he pulls in the clutch and "free-revs" when he is getting "pinched." That actually works well most of the time.), and he instinctively counter-steers to change direction quickly. As a competitive motocrosser and commuter in a state where lane-splitting is legal, when I am in traffic, I go into "full-moto-mode," almost as if I am attacking a racetrack...High-beam, slide forward on seat, elbows up, foot directly over rear brake, two fingers on front brake and two fingers on clutch, always in a gear that keeps me in the meat of the power for quick acceleration or braking, scanning upcoming traffic (particularly car's front wheels) in a hyper-sensitive manner. The only time I really feel safe is when I am right in between two cars that obviously know each other are there...all the rest of the time I am on guard for someone cutting in front of me and am prepared for that to happen. I am of the belief that a semi-aggressive riding style is the safest way to go---zipping from one "safe zone" to the next. Now, having said ALL that, this guy is taking WAY too many chances! He is many times assuming the other drivers are going to stay put when they are in a position to do otherwise. It will only take one driver to hang up their cell phone, realize they are 100 yards from their off-ramp and jerk it over into the next lane without looking to ruin his day (life?) in a hurry. And I thought the part with him riding over the double line splitting opposing traffic was particularly stupid. It's only going to take somebody dropping a ciggy in their lap (or whatever) and drifting over a couple of feet (inches?) for disaster to happen in that situation. It's one thing splitting lanes when everybody is going the same direction and quite another splitting opposing traffic. If this guy continues to ride in that fashion, it's only a matter of time...and the clock is ticking.

Last edited by RockyMoto; 12-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Looks like fun! And I can see how most people would think it's crazy.

Although, many times there is a big difference in traffic in other countries compared to the usa. I wouldn't be surprised if traffic was more "predictable" in russia compared to the usa. You see, lots of people in other countries actually pay attention when they drive. They aren't texting, eating, applying makeup, ect...A lot of people in other countries think it's very very strange to eat and drive.

In the usa, people don't take driving seriously. Hence all the texting, eating, ect...So it's quite common to see some mindless idiot shoot across 3 lanes without warning in order to not miss an exit. I also think there is a bit of superiority complexes in many drivers here....like, I'm going to ride this guy's ass so you can't get in front of me!

So...that kind of riding may not be so dangerous where ever he is (except for his speed) but would be insane in most cities in the u.s.

I used to ride just like that in colombia except at a much slower speed and of course a much slower bike.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 07:24 PM

that was freaking INSANE! you can tell he is a very impressive and skilled rider. But I submit...not for long. Hope that is not his daily commute.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 08:55 PM

Both of those guys will, eventually, end up as hood ornaments on a vehicle coming the other way. I just hope they don't take innocents with them.

While these are fun to watch and they do get the blood going if I thought I had to ride like that to be a "real motorcycle rider" I'd sell the bike.

Traffic around here is ANYTHING but predictable. I have had three close calls in the cage this week...and the students are mostly home for break.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
The comment about his "low speed" control - WHAT low speed...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:03 PM

The slow parts were at the very beginning when he seems to spend a good second or two warming up the tires before hoisting the front end. Then there's a good half minute or so at the 5 minute mark. I was a bit impressed by what I believe was him giving a friendly beep of the horn when passing the other rider. When I'm in full combat mode I don't usually have the capability for such pleasantries.
Curious if the guy is still breathing now. Won't take long for a break to not go his way.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 09:45 AM

Garage
Ah ... I could do that

But I'd have to remove my givi side case ...

LOP
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 10:49 AM

Elephant in the room: Why does it appear he is starting out in the middle of a 4-6 lane highway? I mean, he is pulling on his gloves and everything. Are Russian roads that much different from what I'm used to? What am I missing here?

-Never mistake kindness for weakness.
-Harley Davidson rEvolution engine (V-Rod): Designed by Porsche, detuned by Harley.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 01:05 PM

This was already viewed and discussed here...
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=12026

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
This was already viewed and discussed here...
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=12026
Thats is true but because of the average age of this forum we forget things and discuss all over again
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Thats is true but because of the average age of this forum we forget things and discuss all over again

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Uh, I resemble that remark...

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJBROWN View Post
Uh, I resemble that remark...

+10. Happy New Year.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 09:13 AM

got wood

'09 V - Blue
Arrow Dark Slip-on * Nation Cycle Vstream * Corbin Custom Seat * Happy Trails Panniers * Big Fuggin Grin
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM

On a track, I would say its impressive riding.

But on public streets, I call it stupid ****, and he needs to stop imediately.

Time alone with ones thoughts, is quality time.

They say there is a lack of jobs. Seems here to be more a lack of people willing to work hard, and take pride in the work they do.

Frank
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 10:38 PM

Jeeze, I'm gonna have to change my user name now...how embarrassing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode