Bike is SOLD! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bike is SOLD!

So - I sold my bike.

I enjoyed the Versys, and some of that enjoyment was a direct result of learning things on this forum. Some great information posted by some very smart posters - thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work.

My 2011 Versys was dead-reliable, never had a single issue with it.

I move on now, to different 2-wheeled chariots. For some reason, I'm looking for a '70's era air-cooled 4 to restore and enjoy. I guess I found my reliable, low maintenance, good handling modern bike so incredibly without drama (and outside of my former experience of the temperamental, carburetted, slow, evil-handling bikes of my 'youth"), that I nostalgically (and most likely ill-advisedly) yearn for the Bad Old Days of grease under my fingernails and oil-stained concrete to return to my garage...

Thanks for everything, and enjoy your bikes.

visitor zero OUT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:12 PM

How about a 1970s Honda CB-750 4! I had an early 70's 500 4, l bought new back in the day, loved that bike, always wanted the 750 but didn't have the cash. If you want crazy try to get an 70's Kawasaki mach III, THOSE WERE CRAZY FAST, but the frame would flex all over the place making them a pretty unstable ride.

Enjoying my versys as I slip into old age.

JoH
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 PM

My 1982 Yamaha XJ1000 was a heck of a ride. 4 cylinders, 1/4 mile in 13 flat at 5,000 ft. altitude.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 11:42 PM

I know it's not a 70's era 4, but I owned an 84 CB650 Nighthawk that I just loved. Even being 20 years old and 38,000 miles it never gave me a lick of trouble besides a leaky tank which was easily sealed. Loved that bike.

Enjoy the search for your next bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode