Bike Bandit Bad - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bike Bandit Bad

Two weeks ago I placed an order for a tinted faceshield and highside gloves to be given to my wife for Christmas. I did this with Bike Bandit because I had a gift card and some "bandit bucks", and the gloves were on closeout for $15. I have been satisfied with them on past closeout purchases, where their prices were unbeatable. Not this time. Despite being listed as in stock, the items were not. They had to be ordered and cross-shipped. As of yesterday they weren't even ready to ship yet. No way they get to me on time, as I am soon moving to Arkansas. I ask them to change the shipping address and they refuse. Instead they try to cancel the order and write out a new one. Won't work either as they can no longer list the gloves. I cancelled the order. The smiley does no justice to how pissed I am. I will NEVER order from Bike Bandit again, they can keep their damn gift card and bandit bucks.
Placed the order for the faceshield from Riders Discount today.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Where at in Arkansas are you moving to?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 08:04 AM

Sorry to hear that. I have had pretty good luck with Altrider and Dennis Kirk here lately. It sucks to have to depend on others to make our deadlines. Aggravating to say the least.

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 08:11 AM

I had the same exact problem with them. Told me something was in stock, and after 3 days of waiting, told me it was NOT in stock and backordered.

Very, very frustrating.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Oh, no, the Bike Bandit struck again! Seriously, it sounds like they just screwed up and didn't update the order info and wouldn't own up to their mistake.

My Album:
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
Where at in Arkansas are you moving to?
NW corner. My folks live in Bella Vista so it'll be somewhere near there. The plan is to open a small cycle friendly campground somewhere in the area. (My Versys actually made the move before me and has been living with my folks since Thanksgiving)

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:23 PM

I've been seeing the same thing. They used to ship out amazingly fast, and the UPS ground shipping method was effectively overnight to Santa Barbara. I used to be able to order something in stock at 4pm one day, and have it at my door the next.

The last several months, my orders for things that are in stock have spent 3 days "In Process," followed by about 4-7 days backordered, and then shipped via USPS (2 days).
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 PM

They are lying bull$hit artists - I will never deal with those people again.

There's another wannabe out there to avoid as well, I think they're called afterburnermx.com Mom and pop shop with nothing in stock, trying to buy business by undercutting the big guys by a few bucks.

When I drove throught Utah earlier this year I spotted Rocky Mountain ATV along the freeway - now that's a huge warehouse stocking e-tailer.

Dennis Kirk, Motorcycle-Superstore, Cheap Cycle Parts - I'm staying with the big guys for bike parts. For offroad stuff it's hard to beat the parts section on thumpertalk.com. They are distributors for Tucker Rocky and Parts Unlimited and have both catalogs online with a discount on everything. They're based in Las Vegas. I should ask if they can offer the street catalog versions.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
NW corner. My folks live in Bella Vista so it'll be somewhere near there. The plan is to open a small cycle friendly campground somewhere in the area. (My Versys actually made the move before me and has been living with my folks since Thanksgiving)
Ha! Fayette-nam? (that's what my ex used to call it - she's from there.)

Beautiful riding up there. Absolutely beautiful.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-15-2010, 07:28 PM

Another one to watch out for is www.pro1powersports.com. I bought a helmet from them and never received it. I called and e-mailed them repeatedly and always no matter the time of day was told to leave a message and they'd get back with me, and of course never heard from them. Thankfully I had used paypal and was refunded the amount paid. I'd probably been up a creek otherwise. What a way to do business, take the money and noth'n not even a call back. I bet there's 15 cons out there to every 1 good vendor.

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 01:57 PM

Motorcycle Superstore has a habit of listing things as "available" when that really means they will order it from their supplier, who may or may not have it in stock. Something to be aware of.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Update

Got a call from Bike Bandit today. It would certainly appear that they do the same thing as Motorcycle Superstore. However, what they told me on the phone today at least makes me think they're trying to make things right.
They offered some store credit, that I said wouldn't matter since I was pretty sour and unlikely to shop there again. Then they offered 2 day shipping for the cross-shipped gloves to my new address, paid for in full with the aforementioned store credit. I'll keep you posted...

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
Got a call from Bike Bandit today. It would certainly appear that they do the same thing as Motorcycle Superstore. However, what they told me on the phone today at least makes me think they're trying to make things right.
They offered some store credit, that I said wouldn't matter since I was pretty sour and unlikely to shop there again. Then they offered 2 day shipping for the cross-shipped gloves to my new address, paid for in full with the aforementioned store credit. I'll keep you posted...
That's cool for you. When I complained about the pants, they shrugged and said, "sorry. nothing we can do."

I cancelled the order.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 08:51 PM

Virtually none of the "big boys" stock everything anymore. If it moves too fast to keep in stock or not fast enough to make it worth stocking they work on a "just in time delivery" concept or cross-ship/drop-ship from their supplier.

This is far more prevalent around the time when they are required to take inventory and pay taxes on said inventory.

This is also why you can order three things from one supplier and have them show on three separate days in three separate boxes from three separate warehouses. Return address all had the right name but they were in California, Texas and New Jersey.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bike Bandit wears its name well. They really are bandits... They don't ship USPS to Canada, so I never dealt with them at all.
It's good that you did get refunded though.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I have just started buying from my local shop. He's not a dealer just parts and accessories store. His prices are decent and he is easy to work with plus I have a real person I can bitch to when I have a problem.
I realize you can't always buy local but when you can I think its the best way to shop.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
I have just started buying from my local shop. He's not a dealer just parts and accessories store. His prices are decent and he is easy to work with plus I have a real person I can bitch to when I have a problem.
I realize you can't always buy local but when you can I think its the best way to shop.

+++

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Yessir, I do agree with this sentiment.

We don't have, that I know of, a straight parts/accessories store here in Austin. There is a leather shop but that's about it. Down in San Antonio and up in Dallas there is a store called Moto Liberty that has more accessories than I thought possible, and they have good service, from what I understand. Haven't used them, but may for my next purchase.

Shopping locally is something of a religion in Austin. It's the one thing they've hammered into my head since moving here.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbilly View Post

We don't have, that I know of, a straight parts/accessories store here in Austin. There is a leather shop but that's about it. Down in San Antonio and up in Dallas there is a store called Moto Liberty that has more accessories than I thought possible, and they have good service, from what I understand. Haven't used them, but may for my next purchase.

Shopping locally is something of a religion in Austin. It's the one thing they've hammered into my head since moving here.
Although I would like to shop at my local dealer in this economy with the ease of the internet and no tax on top of it well I just can't.

Tires alone are a huge savings ! I wanted to have my local shop put them on for me and was told you bring in the wheels and new tires and we will mount them for $50 each.It was at that point I decided to start mounting my own tires,best thing I ever did.Sorry but $100 dollars to mount two tires is just too much in my book.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbilly View Post

And don't forget Cyclegear. I've always had great customer service with both them & Moto Liberty.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode