Turn Signal Bulbs - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Turn Signal Bulbs

Does anyone know of source for the turn signal bulbs besides the OEM? They have an offset base, can't find them...Any help would be appreciated..

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Offset base?? They are R10W bulbs... Sylvania 5008, Stanley 4125, Philips 12814, USA 97, GE R10W.
Don`t try to replace them with LED bulbs.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Actually, they're a RY10W bulb. 5008's don't work. the pins on the 5008 and the others you listed have pins at 180 degrees apart, these are more like 200 and 160 degrees apart. i tried 5008 bulbs, no work-ee, pins don't index correctly..

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 09:38 PM

That's weird...What year is your Versys? My 2007 has the standard R10W bulbs.
Oh you have the clear lens using an amber bulb. Let's see...
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2010, 10:04 PM

OK I found it. It's an exotic European bulb that is not available in America. Available from Ebay France or a Kawasaki parts dealer (#92069-0020 $12.04 MSRP, $8.37 from http://www.partshark.com/fiche_secti...009&fveh=38806). PHILIPS # 12093RY

From Ebay in USA, but for a lot more than Kawasaki: http://cgi.ebay.ca/US-DISTRIBUTOR-Or...item56404d42d9

Last edited by invader; 01-01-2012 at 09:03 PM.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

My bike is a 2009. Supposedly, a Osram 5009 crosses over. It's a BAU15s base (the R10W is a BA15s base). Import car dealers should carry it.. Dons Bulbs does , but they're out of stock right. i'm thinking maybe i could just grind one of the pins off a R10W, should work..
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovern98 View Post
i'm thinking maybe i could just grind one of the pins off a R10W, should work..
I put clear 09 covers on an 08. Got the amber bulbs from Kawi dealer. The pins were wrong on the bulbs. So I did exactly that. Ground one pin off.

That was 18,500 miles ago and they work just fine. No probs at all,,,,
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 09:29 AM

I couldn't find chrome-coat bulbs which are popular for corner lamps on euro-sport cars like BMW, so I dusted mine with silver paint to eliminate the egg-yoke look. Still work fine...

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

I did find some part numbers. BMW #63217169203, MAX BMW (New York) $3.38 ea
A&S BMW, $2.83 ea
KTM #6011427000, about 3 and a half bucks. Cyclehutt.com

All are amber lenses, RY10W bulbs
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 12:41 PM

bringing a thread back from the grave here but I got adapter that are exactly the same as the factory bulb base and now can pop in 194NA bulbs in them. waaaaaaaay cheaper and work like a charm.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin, US comedian and actor (1937 - 2008)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Share the Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmctech View Post
bringing a thread back from the grave here but I got adapter that are exactly the same as the factory bulb base and now can pop in 194NA bulbs in them. waaaaaaaay cheaper and work like a charm.
So explain where and what
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 12:59 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
you should throw a link up from were you got them

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 03:26 PM

Just a question: can an owner(s) check the bulbs on their 2018 Gen 3 bike and confirm the #type of amber turnsignal bulb used? Just curious; as I have plans for mine - IF and when I get one!
thanks.

As an aside...many of my customers wanted to change from a clear bulb/amber lens to an amber bulb/clear lens on their late model BMW turnsignals. Problem was; they didn't' realize the reflector had to be changed as well. Sure enough, the pins on the two bulbs were different requiring a $pecific BMW reflector for each.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Offset base?? They are R10W bulbs... Sylvania 5008, Stanley 4125, Philips 12814, USA 97, GE R10W.
Don`t try to replace them with LED bulbs.
Check out the sticky thread at the top of this section “Crazy bright LED...”. These leds are much brighter than the stock bulbs. Note ONLY the leds noted in the thread, I have tried several other leds that are not nearly as bright as the stock bulb.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
Check out the sticky thread at the top of this section “Crazy bright LED...”. These leds are much brighter than the stock bulbs. Note ONLY the leds noted in the thread, I have tried several other leds that are not nearly as bright as the stock bulb.
LED's won't work for the turn signals. They don't have enough resistance for the flasher relay.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
LED's won't work for the turn signals. They don't have enough resistance for the flasher relay.
Then just add a resistor to simulate a regular bulb. Works every time!

One reason the flasher works like that is you know when a bulb has gone out when it flashes quicker.
LEDs typically don't do that.

Last edited by ACE50; 06-13-2018 at 07:21 AM.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 AM

This is what he's talking about:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-T10-168-...YAAOSw4ahbEVhd

https://www.amazon.com/PA-T10-1156-B...=ATDK672VINKAT

Quote:
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE50 View Post
Then just add a resistor to simulate a regular bulb.
What resistor and how to connect it... To hell with that. It's just not worth the hassle and expensive oversized under-performing LED's that probably won't even fit.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
What resistor and how to connect it... To hell with that. It's just not worth the hassle and expensive oversized under-performing LED's that probably won't even fit.
Ya, if you don't know anything about electronics, you better leave it alone. (very simple though)

I've replaced plenty of bulbs with LEDs and a lot are junk, but a good LED is just better if you want to pay for them.
Why poo poo something you don't want to do, but others are willing to upgrade?
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 09:05 AM

Sorry I didn't post but I didn't have time to get the link at the time and post. but YES these are close to being the puppies I have but mine are actually the R10W BAU15S base style.... I keep a handful of them in my pillion bag.. they sure jumped up in price but they're worth their weight in gold in my eyes.... I've dabbled with LEDs, resistors, etc etc and they always just end up being a PITA after some time on the road.... I put the electronic flasher with adjustable flash rate in my bike from eBay and it works great... I need this flasher because I also have two of the import trailer lights modules wired into my turn signals so they're now park lights/turn signals.. I run HID bulbs in my headlight and also wired in a delay on relay for the headlight circuit as the ballasts always get confused when starting the bike and the headlight is coming on during crank, so at times I used to have to shut the bike off and restart it to have low beam... so now I start the bike and 5 seconds later the headlight kicks in; so it's firing up at full voltage with no dirty feedback in the feed circuit.
invader likes this.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin, US comedian and actor (1937 - 2008)

Last edited by gmctech; 06-13-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode