I installed a Scorpion Serket Taper Exhaust on my 2017 Versys 650. This is a full system since the OEM exhaust is one piece.
As Scorpion does not provide installation instructions I took to the web to find out what I could. So for those also looking to install this exhaust here is what I did based upon what I could find on the web and my experience.
(1) Removed the stock exhaust system:
(a) Loosened the nuts holding the stock muffler
(b) Removed the header pipe nuts
(c) Removed the stock muffler bolts and nuts and let the entire system rest on a temporary support underneath (just enough to not stretch the Lambda sensor)
(d) Removed the Lambda sensor
(2) Installed the silencer mounting bracket. Secured it loosely.
(3) Inserted the double ended flute into the connecting pipe and then inserted it into the silencer.
(4) Attached the springs between the connecting pipe and silencer.
(5) Attached the silencer and connecting pipe to the silencer mounting bracket. Secured it loosely.
(6) Inserted the Lambda sensor to the connecting pipe.
(7) Attached the header pipes. Secured them loosely.
(8) Attached the header pipes to the connecting pipe.
(9) Tightened down the silencer to the silencer mounting bracket nut.
(10) Tightened down the header pipe nuts.
(11) Tighten down the silencer mounting bracket nuts (to the bike frame).
(12) Attached the springs between the header pipes and connecting pipe.
(13) Cleaned/wiped down the entire exhaust system to remove fingerprints and any oils and dirt.