What's it worth? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Skypilot 69
  • 1 Post By silviefox
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 102
What's it worth?

OK, throwing this out there to get input from the Versys masses I've been considering a new 2016/2017 Versys 650 LT for a bit, and to lesser extent, a non LT. Locally, the prices currently vary from $6500 + t/t/r (new 2015 non LT) > $7500 - $7900 + t/t/r for a new 2016/2017 LT. 100 miles from me, an individual is selling a 2015 green Versys with 3k miles for $5250. Adult owner who just bought a new Triumph. Bike looks pristine (never in rain/covered/garage/yada yada). Still sounds a bit too $$ for me but I haven't shown up with $100 bills yet either. Ideally I would strip down/sell my 2015 FZ-09 accessories, and then sell a basically stock FZ. Figured I'd put down $3k of what ever my purchase price would be and finance the rest, making payments off my accessories/eventual bike sale. Sooo, that said, what do you think a decent cash price would be for this Versys? I am thinking mid range $4k area. Their are multiple new ones available w/in a 150 mile radius. Thx for your thoughts...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00e0e_byHcy1NVpKh_1200x900.jpg (82.4 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by troop; 07-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.
troop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 12:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Columbia,Ms.
Posts: 385
If you could get the 2015 with 3,000 miles for $4,500 that would be a very good deal. Laying cash money on the table helps convince the seller this is the time to sell. Good luck, and I hope you get it.
aboyandhisversys likes this.
Skypilot 69 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 01:01 PM
Member
 
silviefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: welches, oregon
Posts: 3,116
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
walk up to him with a wad of cash try to start at like $3500 and let him work you up to 4-4500 and go on your way.... just sold my car last night for $300 over blue book (150 less then i had it posted for) because the guy had cash in hand.... he started out way low and we easly talked to a mid ground that worked for both of us
aboyandhisversys likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
silviefox is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
OK, throwing this out there to get input from the Versys masses I've been considering a new 2016/2017 Versys 650 LT for a bit, and to lesser extent, a non LT. Locally, the prices currently vary from $6500 + t/t/r (new 2015 non LT) > $7500 - $7900 + t/t/r for a new 2016/2017 LT. 100 miles from me, an individual is selling a 2015 green Versys with 3k miles for $5250. Adult owner who just bought a new Triumph. Bike looks pristine (never in rain/covered/garage/yada yada). Still sounds a bit too $$ for me but I haven't shown up with $100 bills yet either. Ideally I would strip down/sell my 2015 FZ-09 accessories, and then sell a basically stock FZ. Figured I'd put down $3k of what ever my purchase price would be and finance the rest, making payments off my accessories/eventual bike sale. Sooo, that said, what do you think a decent cash price would be for this Versys? I am thinking mid range $4k area. Their are multiple new ones available w/in a 150 mile radius. Thx for your thoughts...
What was the final on this. Did you buy the 2015? If yes for how much?

I think anything under $5k would have been a good deal, assuming it was in pristine condition. Dealer fees can really add up so always talk about out the door price with them. Freight and PDI alone can be well over $1K additional for many dealers not to mention tax title and any other dealer BS fees they come up with.
Jack of Heats JoH is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 102
Might take a trip up Wednesday and take a peek. The bike is a private owner sale, so nothing but tax/title/reg fees.
troop is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reading, Pa
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
Might take a trip up Wednesday and take a peek. The bike is a private owner sale, so nothing but tax/title/reg fees.
I think $5250.00 is still a good price for that bike. Anything under that would be great. Good luck and keep us posted.Also remember the bike still might be under warranty the Lt's came with a 2 year warranty.

Last edited by turn8a; 07-24-2017 at 11:50 AM.
turn8a is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 06:04 AM
Member
 
twowheeladdict's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
walk up to him with a wad of cash try to start at like $3500 and let him work you up to 4-4500 and go on your way.... just sold my car last night for $300 over blue book (150 less then i had it posted for) because the guy had cash in hand.... he started out way low and we easly talked to a mid ground that worked for both of us
If someone showed up at my house, they would have to hand me $5250 to take a test ride. If after the test ride they offered me $3500 without a very valid explanation as to why they think it is only worth that much, I would be effing pissed off! I would either tell them to leave or tell them the price is now $5500. It is obvious that the guy wants $5000. Let's the buyer negotiate a little and they end up at $5000 and both are happy.

Someone who wants to offer $3500 probably isn't going to show up with $5250 in the first place so the test ride won't happen.
turn8a and kenr74 like this.
twowheeladdict is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 06:46 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Atlanta GA
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
If someone showed up at my house, they would have to hand me $5250 to take a test ride. If after the test ride they offered me $3500 without a very valid explanation as to why they think it is only worth that much, I would be effing pissed off! I would either tell them to leave or tell them the price is now $5500. It is obvious that the guy wants $5000. Let's the buyer negotiate a little and they end up at $5000 and both are happy.

Someone who wants to offer $3500 probably isn't going to show up with $5250 in the first place so the test ride won't happen.
I tend to agree you can offer an amount that is too low and insulting to the seller. A 2015 in pristine condition with low milage is worth a lot more than $3500.

I bought a 2011 this spring with 3400 miles for $4200 has Corbin Seat and Kawasaki trunk on it. The seller was asking $4800 but it needed a little bit of work to clean it up new tires. I would have jumped at a 2015 for $5K assuming it was in pristine condition.

I am happy with my purchase and feel I got a good deal, not fantastic but a good deal.

P.S. I sold my 2011 kawi vulcan custom to a dealer for $3450 with 19,000+ miles on it. I pretty much returned it to stock and sold all the aftermarket stuff separately, so I just traded bikes $ for $. I enjoyed the vulcan just wanted to try something different.

Last edited by Jack of Heats JoH; 07-25-2017 at 06:53 AM.
Jack of Heats JoH is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 102
Well ... after riding w/in 10 miles of this bikes location, I decided not to make an appt to look at it. Why? Not because I don't think it can be bought for a good price, because I believe it can be. I just don't want to spend the approx $5k and then work on stripping/selling the FZ09. Three bikes is a bit excess for my needs/use. That said, I'll finish out this riding season and spend the winter stripping the FZ to stock and selling the accessories/bike. I think the 2017 raw metal titanium LT is GORGEOUS and I will set my sights on picking up one of those. Their are about 4-5 available w/in a 150 mile radius of me. Carry on
troop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome