• 1 Post By twowheels
  • 1 Post By ItsForrest
  • 1 Post By penwright1166
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

suggestions for a half cover for 650LT

Hello crew.

Looking for a half-cover for my 2017 650LT that is water resistant. I live in Florida and my bike is exposed to the elements during the day so the cover will need to handle the rain.

I did some searching in the forum ("cover" in the thread title) but didn't find any half-cover recommendations and it seems many threads were older (3+ years) and the info contained in the thread was stale (e.g., the cover is no longer being made).

Thanks.

CJRuffner likes this.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Did A Search

https://www.empirecovers.com/motorcy...FZm3wAod1kIIGQ
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-covers
https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...er/A-p8169633e I have one like this
Motorcycle covers and garage- Gears Canada - Gears Canada
Search results for: 'waterproof cover' | TwistedThrottle.com I like using these people as they back up the products they sell, if it is garbage, the product gets dropped pretty fast, excellent warranty.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Guess I wasn't specific, looking for experiences from any member who may have a half cover.

Thanks for the links though.

Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 08:59 AM

I have been using a Nelson Rigg cover for the pat 4 years.
It goes on & comes off with no fanfare plus it has held up well.
It packs into a bag that fits easily just about anywhere.
They have a full cover & a half cover currently in production.
407guy likes this.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

Looking at this Nelson (UV-2000 Half Cover): https://www.revzilla.com/product/nel...000-half-cover

I'm guessing a "large" size with my side cases and windshield.

And this one as well from Nelson (Defender Extreme Adventure Cover): https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...dventure-cover.

$32 vs. $81. *shrug*

I'm looking for ease and quick install / removal.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Pulled the trigger on the Nelson-Rigg UV-2000 half cover, size large.

Not sure it'll fit with my top case mounted but I'll know within a week.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 10:12 AM

Garage
I purchased a Nelson Rigg generic mid size cover a few years back. Believe the cover was for a sport bike. It fits the versys fine but kinda functions as a 3/4 length cover as the bike is taller than the bike the cover was designed for. As such the bottom edge is about 8 inches from the ground. I find this is beneficial as it does not allow water to collect under the bike yet protects the bike just fine.
407guy likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 08:46 PM

Garage
I use the Nelson Rigg UV-2000 size XL for my 2015 V1000. With the taller Puig windscreen and a trunk box the XL cover works perfectly. I can't see a smaller cover fitting.
I don't ride much in the rain but use mine for sun protection parking at work here in N. Carolina. Being a black bike, the silver cover makes a huge difference in how hot the thing is by the end of the work day.
407guy likes this.

The urge to buy terrorizes
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 09:06 AM

I use a full cover to cover mine with 2 side bags and top bag florida is real hard on bikes it was cheap 49.00 waterproof. But good luck with a half cover

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
407guy likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 02:48 PM

Garage
I had a Nelson-Rigg Full Cover. It didn't last 6 months in the sun. Got a Tour Master Elite have had it about 3 years and no issues...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr
407guy likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

I currently have a Cycle Gear (Bilt) Deluxe Motorcycle Cover, size medium (for "sportbikes") that I had used for about a year on my Buell Lightning (sold in Dec 2016).

I decided to try it on my Versys. Well I'll be.... it fit no problem with the side cases on the bike.

I'm still going to give the half cover a go, only because I'm hoping it'll take up less space in my side cases.

Anyway, for anyone wondering, the Bilt Deluxe Motorcycle Cover does fit: https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...torcycle-cover

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Well the Nelson-Rigg half cover, size large, isn't big enough. In my below picture the other side doesn't cover the side case like on the right side. Plus I think it sits too high - meaning doesn't cover enough on the sides of the bike. I think rain would still get to the seat.

It's going back; probably going to just stick with the Bilt cover I have for now.

It serves the purpose: to protect the bike while at work as it sits in the open parking lot getting baked by the sun as well as drenched by rain.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode