Why does nobody have the 2010 Versys? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Why does nobody have the 2010 Versys?

So I sold me 09 because I REALLY wanted the 2010 when I firs purchsed it but NOW I cant find a freaking dealer that has one in stock and they want to charge me extra for them to order one. WTF??????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 07:50 PM

I know. I bought my 2010 and have not seen another one on the street yet. Wait a minute, I haven't seen another Versys on the street at all in Florida. I don't get it!
I am beginning to think Versys owners are an elite group of forward thinking riders.
Seriously, it does seem like the Dealers don't stock anything but Sport and Cruisers. I thought we were past that by now.

"The Road Goes On Forever And The Party Never Ends"
IBA #23562

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

^ so lame.

MORONS i tell you!

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:48 PM

I looked and looked for a 2010 for the past two months in southern california. No luck. But..........on my way up to northern california, for Thanksgiving weekend, I stopped at Santa Barbara Kawasaki and viewed a brand new 2011. So beautiful...
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 PM

lots of factors that add up...

there's alot of factors that are adding up to this...

one, since the versys was introduced, there has been alot of units carried over to the next year before they were sold. (I bought mine new, non-current)

two, bike sales are down by about 30% from two years ago (have you noticed there's a recession on?)

three, dealers don't have the cash to sit on inventory like they used to (same recession involved here)

four, alot of dealers are going under so there is no way they want excess inventory at this time of the year that they are paying finance charges on

five, other than a few cosmetic changes, the versys hasn't changed, so why stock something that's not really anything new and was hard to get rid of in previous years?

FYI .......used and newer bikes are gonna be alot higher priced for the next few years, with alot less new ones being sold, there's gonna be alot less used available, driving up the prices........................

Last edited by scooter650; 12-02-2010 at 11:30 PM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM

And don't forget six: Year end taxes on inventory are due shortly.

Rumor was that Kawa America only brought in a fraction of the 2010 models that they brought in for 2009 because of the recession and there were still so many 2009's sitting in the corporate warehouse(s).

I haven't seen the figures for 2011 but I'm betting they aren't bringing in many more than they did in 2010.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 12:14 AM

We should buy some Versys wholesale...group buy anybody?

2009 GREEN Kawasaki Versys

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:07 AM

Springfield is 160,000 people, one Kaw dealer. They have the same 2- 2009 Versys on the show room floor-over 2 years, no sale. Marked them down to $6,300 and put a Christmas bow on them. We'll see if some lucky guy gets a Versys for Xmas!

My Album:
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:45 AM

Still, a fast growing segment of the motorcycle community is turning toward Adventure/Sport touring motorcycles. The Versys seems like it would be a good bet to carry during this time. It's inexpensive and a good daily rider for most. If this forum is any indicator, there has been a lot of interest in the Versys in the last several years.
I guess this is why I am not in sales or marketing.
I am holding on to mine. It will be a collector bike in 100 years.

IBA #23562

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 05:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
26 new 2010-2011 Versys for sale in California listed:

http://www.cycletrader.com/Kawasaki-...&year=2010%3A*
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I know. I bought my 2010 and have not seen another one on the street yet. Wait a minute, I haven't seen another Versys on the street at all in Florida. I don't get it!
I am beginning to think Versys owners are an elite group of forward thinking riders.
Seriously, it does seem like the Dealers don't stock anything but Sport and Cruisers. I thought we were past that by now.
I don't know about us being part an "elite" group or me being a
"forward" thinking kinda guy but one things for sure...we ain't "sheep"!
LMAO.

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 06:26 AM

Amen! Can I get an Amen from the Versys Community Brothers?

IBA #23562

post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:01 AM

amen

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 AM

I think the V still sticks in the unique buyer category. Not a first time bike, not an old man's bike (cruiser), not a I want to be cool and wear leather (HD). It is clear by the lack of marketing that they really do not know how to market it...

Their money is better spent in these tough times marketing to what the masses want, and building the same. Bike manaufactures simply cannot afford to make a bike that will sit - no matter how good it is...I know Triumph has the new 800, but that is in a different price point...Triumph and/or BWM will make a LOT more per bike than Kawasaki will on the V.

Foo Fighter Rider
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:45 AM

I'm curious about why you wanted the '10 so much you sold your '09. Has to be styling, right?
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
S
AMEN TO THAT TOO!

I have only seen two since I bought mine, and that was 10 months ago
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 08:31 AM

The most Versi I saw in one place, by far, was on the ride four of us took last fall in western Massachusetts. What a treat that was. I've still never seen a 2010 in person.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
The most Versi I saw in one place, by far, was on the ride four of us took last fall in western Massachusetts. What a treat that was. I've still never seen a 2010 in person.
FWIW I've seen 18+ at the same time/place, of which 2, possibly 3 were 2010 versions
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:05 AM

Velocity Powersports in Ladson, SC (about 25 miles from Charleston) got a black 2010 about three or four weeks ago...after selling the blue 2009 that sat on their floor for quite a long time. They still have a 2009 KLR.

I've been told by the Kawasaki and Triumph sales managers that Charleston area buyers don't have much interest in either the Versys or Tiger.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 AM

I've never seen an ad in a magazine, have they ever marketed this motorcycle? I found it on the web by googling "best sport touring motorcycle", and that brought up the M.O.T.Y. video and pics. I was sold before ever seeing one on the showroom. When dealers say there is little interest, it's partly because buyers usually know more about the Versys than they do. When I got my "buyers orientation", the salesperson told me the bike was a five speed. Guess he was confused with the KLR. Most people buy a motorcycle for the wrong reasons. How it looks, how it sounds, how much horsepower, etc. I was shopping for a cruiser originally, but after reading so many tests and seeing how much they were alike, I noticed the editors were doing the same thing. The cruiser gets rated by what it looks like, most of the time, or how uncomfortable it is, or how easy it is to drag a peg or muffler. After I decided to buy a motorcycle that would be fun to ride and comfortable enough to ride all day, I realized I am a sport touring rider, not a cruiser.

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode