generosity - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
generosity

i've had lots of hobbies and interests over the years. never have i been involved with as generous, friendly and fun a group as motorcyclists.

in the short time i've been riding the streets i've learned that, although riding is incredible, the people are even moreso.

case and point. i posted up about my first intentional ride in driving rain. i was fully prepared with the exception of waterproof boots. i hadn't bought riding boots yet and was wearing some bates combat boots. i fully knew what i was getting myself into.

a day or so later i get a PM from a member who i'll assume wants to remain anonymous. he asked me what size i wear and it turns out he has a pair of alpinestars waterproof riding boots that he offered up to me FOR THE PRICE OF SHIPPING... wow.

i got them last night and wore them into work this morning. they hardly have a scratch on them.. i'm floored.

not only are my local motorcyclists becoming great friends, but anonymous people who share an interest on the internet have the same attitude.

can't wait until i can return the favor someday. i'll be looking for the opportunity!

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:28 AM

Great story indulf. Once again, my faith in human ability to be generous and kind is strengthened

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 AM

That's good stuff!

To the donor a big

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Another outstanding story!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 05:02 PM

Awesome!

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 08:01 PM

Well done!

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 09:48 PM

This is indeed a very good group of folks on this forum. From my experience, most of these forums tend to degrade over time, discussing a bunch of controversial stuff (politics, guns, religion) leading to stupid debates and general animosity. This group has shown the maturity to stay away from all that and concentrate on more productive matters. I applaud you all!

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
This is indeed a very good group of folks on this forum. From my experience, most of these forums tend to degrade over time, discussing a bunch of controversial stuff (politics, guns, religion) leading to stupid debates and general animosity. This group has shown the maturity to stay away from all that and concentrate on more productive matters. I applaud you all!
Sometimes there is hint of controversial stuff at times and a few minor train wrecks but all in all a good friendly place but a bit of controversity keeps us from getting bored
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 04:12 AM

I think this is a great forum. I've been a member of quite a few forums and this, by far, is the best one yet. The people her seem genuine and fairly focused, yet still let their personalities shine through. There are no cliques here, and no feelings of one-upmanship.

Hopefully this group of people will still be here when I get back, as I'd like to be able to get around and meet you.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fact that not everyone agrees all the time. That, like one said, keeps this place alive. I feel that I learn from adversity, as long as it's civil.

So, in conclusion, well done everyone!!!

Jsquared

Rider of all things 2 wheeled

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:37 AM

That shows how much class the people here on this forum have. To the versys rider/forum members

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Yes a great group for sure. I have a lot of things to pay forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode