LED signal Bulb for GEN II - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

LED signal Bulb for GEN II

Does anyone know if there is an LED bulb that will fit the stock GEN II signal light housing? If yes please provide details.

I used the vehicle bulb finder on the Superbright LED website however the bulbs they sent have the right base a color but the bulb is way too long. https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...rofit-car/527/ they do not have a shorter bulb with the right base. I have instructed them to update their vehicle finder accordingly.

JoH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

I went with the sockets and the JDM Astar , http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...82-post41.html , much discussion in this http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...onversion.html

Also http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...54-post46.html , which were listed at $60 a pair. I went to their site , now on sale at $50 per pair , ry10w https://www.inertialed.com/product-p...n-bus-led-7507 , For the price I decided to add the Admore mini light bar , which in my opinion, if mounted high enough, exceeds anything you could possibly do with the signal lights, comparing costs of Inertial to Admore.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Found theses on ebay. 2x BAU15S 150° 7507 21 SMD LED Car Turn Signal Light Bulb Amber/yellow 12V DC | eBay

For $7.00 a pair I will give them a try I believe they are the same length as the stock bulb. May be a month before they come in. I will let you know if they work when I get them.

Still interested in knowing other LED bulbs that will fit.

JoH

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
Found theses on ebay. 2x BAU15S 150° 7507 21 SMD LED Car Turn Signal Light Bulb Amber/yellow 12V DC | eBay

For $7.00 a pair I will give them a try I believe they are the same length as the stock bulb. May be a month before they come in. I will let you know if they work when I get them.

Still interested in knowing other LED bulbs that will fit.

JoH
The bulbs fit!! Slightly brighter than the stock bulbs.

I also ordered some shorter and cheaper ones from ebay. I will post back how they are when I receive them. 1Pcs Amber BAU15S 7507 PY21W 19-SMD Brake/Backup/Tail/Turn Signal LED Light 12V | eBay

JoH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Signal LED.jpg (82.3 KB, 22 views)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

These bulbs fit with no issue, they are just slightly higher than the metal bulb base. They are roughly about the same brightness or perhaps a little less than the stock incandescent bulb. They are rated for 30,000 hours and at $1.69 each including shipping make for a low cost replacement to the stock bulb.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-Amber-B...490?rmvSB=true
JoH
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 01:51 PM

It's very important that you are seen, the reflector does a great job of that. Only stick to high quality bulbs, like ones listed above. The CHEAP LED ones may actually reduce your chance of being seen.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

I bought some Red Led bulbs for the rear as I have signal minder with it set up to run the rear signal lights as running lights at 1/2 brightness and modulate (flash) the brake light at full brightness. I am sure these are not as bright as the $60 LEDs but they are brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs and at $3 a pair are a viable option to stock incandescent bulbs. Three brake lights are better than 1 for visibility.

2x BAU15S 7507 PY21W 50 SMD Red Brake/Tail/Turn Signal 1206 LED Light Bulb Lamps | eBay
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
I bought some Red Led bulbs for the rear as I have signal minder with it set up to run the rear signal lights as running lights at 1/2 brightness and modulate (flash) the brake light at full brightness. I am sure these are not as bright as the $60 LEDs but they are brighter than the stock incandescent bulbs and at $3 a pair are a viable option to stock incandescent bulbs. Three brake lights are better than 1 for visibility.

2x BAU15S 7507 PY21W 50 SMD Red Brake/Tail/Turn Signal 1206 LED Light Bulb Lamps | eBay
Would be neat to see. But with my experience with LED products, there is no way those are brighter in a reflector housing than a stock incandescent bulb.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Stock bulb on the left, LED on the right. Second photo shows bulb size comparison.

I DON"T consider these inexpensive LED bulbs to be an upgrade, rather just an alternative to the stock bulb. I would only consider the tower style bulb that throws light out from the top and sides. The ones with a single set of top mounted LEDs are not suitable as they do not throw out enough light onto the reflector.

Note Urbaengineer is correct. The incandescent bulb does a better job of filling the entire signal light evenly with light. Whereas the LED tends to have a bright spot in the center. IMO the LED is little more visible in the daylight (I don't ride at night). THE LED is rated at 500 lumens and 50,000 hours.

If you want an upgrade go with the more expensive bulbs noted in this thread (not the ones I purchased), they will provide increased visibility but do come at a price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1483.JPG (87.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1481.JPG (61.9 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Jack of Heats JoH; 08-15-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode