Hate when things don't go right - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Hate when things don't go right

Just come in from being a bit peed off.

Whet to do oil change had a litre left in my previous motul 10w40 and went to the pack i had brought a few weeks back and its 15w50 so this means a trip into town in my truck just to change the oil, just left the bike where she sat. Had to put a screwdriver through filter to remove but thats okay but did not discover mix up in all until ready to refill!!!

2nd point, did promise spainy would take pic's of fixing cowling vibration, my left is fine, right needs a pack up of rubber washers and some more foam tape. While oil draining started to undo cowling and then half way through thought better get washers out and tape, can't find either, so shut garage door and walked away, so bar hum bug, poo happens, feel better already
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Forget about washers, tape, and lack of oil change preparation... Much worse things can happen. What you really need is a nap.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Forget about washers, tape, and lack of oil change preparation... Much worse things can happen. What you really need is a nap.
Yep I know mate, just the little things get under your skin, but about to cook a evening meal for the lovely wife, boy at at work until 9pm, hmm maybe time for a nice glass of wine and put a good movie on and take it from there.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
And I thought those things happened "only in America"

Reminds me of the time I changed the oil in my truck, I opened a 5 Qt. bottle and set in on top of the radiator while I turned around to grab a funnel. It tipped over and made a mell of a hess.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
hmm maybe time for a nice glass of wine and put a good movie on and take it from there.
As long as it is a bottle of good Aussie Red you will be OK

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
As long as it is a bottle of good Aussie Red you will be OK
I'm busted by Aussie mate, the bottle i have opened is a 09 cab merlot, banrock station Australia
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
+10. Take it easy buddy.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Vs View Post
And I thought those things happened "only in America"

Reminds me of the time I changed the oil in my truck, I opened a 5 Qt. bottle and set in on top of the radiator while I turned around to grab a funnel. It tipped over and made a mell of a hess.
I can beat that, once after changing the oil in my truck. I forgot about the oil drain pan under my truck full of dirty oil and I ran over it when I backed out of the drive way.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytrydr View Post
I can beat that, once after changing the oil in my truck. I forgot about the oil drain pan under my truck full of dirty oil and I ran over it when I backed out of the drive way.
Yep, that would ruin your day what a mess!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Funny that here in Calif we drink shiploads of wine from Oz...cause it's good stuff and great value. I can't imagine how many container loads of that come off the boats in Long Beach harbor....

For my stateside compadres, one of the best value's in Trader Joe's is TJ's house brand tequila...$9.99/bottle. You can put it up next to $30/bottle stuff and many people would not be able to tell the difference. (The 'finish' is a little nicer on the nicest stuff, but makes absolutely no difference when buried in a cocktail..LOL)

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
Funny that here in Calif we drink shiploads of wine from Oz...cause it's good stuff and great value. )
Try a good NZ wine and you will not be disappointed
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep I know mate, just the little things get under your skin, but about to cook a evening meal for the lovely wife, boy at at work until 9pm, hmm maybe time for a nice glass of wine and put a good movie on and take it from there.

Now you're talking!!!

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Now you're talking!!!

she all good bro

Got my oil in town today and forgot the washers for the cowling (get em when go back to work fri)

My son is have a party sat night as he finished school for year. Off to clear a area for them to have a campfire in the paddock and set up a old heavy canvas tent we have. But of 17/18 year olds but they are good and we are taking all car keys off them so should be alright.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
she all good bro

Got my oil in town today and forgot the washers for the cowling (get em when go back to work fri)

My son is have a party sat night as he finished school for year. Off to clear a area for them to have a campfire in the paddock and set up a old heavy canvas tent we have. But of 17/18 year olds but they are good and we are taking all car keys off them so should be alright.
All good plans, Kiwi 41...Don't need an alarm for the Versys?...or is it going in the house with you, that night? Just in case it gets a bit rowdy? Lock up the wifeys horseys? Hire an off duty cop friend? Or perhaps your biker pal would be less expensive?

Yeah I'll shut-up now...just being a smart a.....! Whats new? Hope everyone has a good time! CHEERS!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ron View Post
All good plans, Kiwi 41...Don't need an alarm for the Versys?...or is it going in the house with you, that night? Just in case it gets a bit rowdy? Lock up the wifeys horseys? Hire an off duty cop friend? Or perhaps your biker pal would be less expensive?

Yeah I'll shut-up now...just being a smart a.....! Whats new? Hope everyone has a good time! CHEERS!

Keys will be removed from bikes, bikey mate on standby for enforcement, cop mate will let me know who to ring to get action (he is off to Canadian and USA in 5 days but mainly they will spend time as a family snow boarding in Canada)

Just mowed a strip for there fire and where the tent is to sit, will run some power out to them for their music and i will have control of the on/off switch but sure it will not be a problem. He has gone into town to get a friend to set up the tent now so more pic's to come.

post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 07:09 PM

I forgot my washer last change. It didn't leak until the next one. Stuff happens, don't sweat it. What time is it on your side of the orb? Have better day tomorrow/today?!

My Album:
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
I forgot my washer last change. It didn't leak until the next one. Stuff happens, don't sweat it. What time is it on your side of the orb? Have better day tomorrow/today?!
We are 18 hrs ahead of what time it is in Texas, 2.15pm thursday now, just going out to put correct oil in now
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Oil all done, tent up ready for boys part sat, himand his mate have now gone over to they neighbors paddock to scavenge wood from a forest block that was cut down a month ago. Told them if they get a heap i will saw it up for them, hope the new neighbor don't mind as the previous neighbor said it was okay to pick up deadwood.

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Looks like it's going to be a fun night. 17/18...good times.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Oil all done, tent up ready for boys part sat, himand his mate have now gone over to they neighbors paddock to scavenge wood from a forest block that was cut down a month ago. Told them if they get a heap i will saw it up for them, hope the new neighbor don't mind as the previous neighbor said it was okay to pick up deadwood.

I do hope your new neighbor is not like my buddies neighbor....was over helping rake leaves in the fall one year....turns out I raked over the property line and the neighbor wanted his leaves back. OH well, was more than happy to oblige!

Party on!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode