Crazy-good deal on Givi (why I bought a base model) - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2017, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Crazy-good deal on Givi (why I bought a base model)

As much as I like the look of the OEM cases on the Gen3 650 LT models, I ended up buying a base model due to the deals at Motostorm.it. Look at how cheaply you can get Givi cases and other accessories!...

All this Givi stuff for $926 including USA shipping...
  • Hand guards (PL4114)
  • Trekker 33L cases (TRK33BPACK2)
  • Case mounts (4114KIT)
  • 34L top case (E340 VISION NT)
  • Top case mounts (SR4114 & M5M)
  • Rear tire hugger (MG4103)
  • Windshield (D4114ST)

Substitute Kappa Kgr33 cases for the Givi Trekkers and spend $149 less. Plus, create an account and post a review and they'll immediately email you a coupon code.

Hopefully it won't take forever to get here. I haven't seen any horror stories on forums regarding shipping, so fingers crossed.

Anyone else ordered from them?
twowheels and Ualbert like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
As much as I like the look of the OEM cases on the Gen3 650 LT models, I ended up buying a base model due to the deals at Motostorm.it. Look at how cheaply you can get Givi cases and other accessories!...

All this Givi stuff for $926 including USA shipping...
  • Hand guards (PL4114)
  • Trekker 33L cases (TRK33BPACK2)
  • Case mounts (4114KIT)
  • 34L top case (E340 VISION NT)
  • Top case mounts (SR4114 & M5M)
  • Rear tire hugger (MG4103)
  • Windshield (D4114ST)

Substitute Kappa Kgr33 cases for the Givi Trekkers and spend $149 less. Plus, create an account and post a review and they'll immediately email you a coupon code.

Hopefully it won't take forever to get here. I haven't seen any horror stories on forums regarding shipping, so fingers crossed.

Anyone else ordered from them?
Motostorm is a very reliable seller IMHO. I have ordered several things from them (in separate orders) and items arrived quickly and packing was pretty good.
so far I have got: 2 Givi top cases (V56 and V47) & backrests, Givi Windshields for my two bikes, Alpinestar jacket.
Not seeing any complaints about them and I will continue buying from them.
PS: write a review for any product and you can get $20 Euro coupon code!
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 06:15 PM

Garage
I bought all of my Givi stuff from Motostorm. Even with the higher shipping fees it still cheaper than anywhere else, and I got my stuff in less than two weeks.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

Ordered late on a Friday, and the following Wednesday I had a tracking numbers saying it'll be here in 7 days. Not bad at all. 4 boxes, 30 lbs of parts.

Edit: Shipment schedule for Friday. That's 2 weeks from order to delivery, if it stays on schedule.
james75 likes this.

Last edited by brock29609; 07-08-2017 at 09:17 AM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 11:04 AM

Garage
Have you compared with www.sporttour.com? Free shipping and best price I have found in the states, but I haven't bought from them in 5 years.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 07:54 AM

I'm in the process of considering either a LT or base model. What is swaying me to the LT is how clean the bike looks with the luggage removed. My luggage would likely be installed 10-15 days/year.
aboyandhisversys likes this.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 04:04 PM

Another thing to consider is that the LT comes with an extra year of factory warranty.

Last edited by Green Streak; 07-06-2017 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 07:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
I'm in the process of considering either a LT or base model. What is swaying me to the LT is how clean the bike looks with the luggage removed. My luggage would likely be installed 10-15 days/year.
Get the LT, you know you want it.......

About a week after I took delivery of my bike, I bought the Kawasaki top box and I almost never take it off now..I thought I would just use it when i needed extra space, but I find myself utilizing it way more than I ever thought I would. The side bags on the other hand are almost never on the bike.

In any event, if I had to do it again, I would buy a Givi top case and not the Kawi one..they are basically identical and even though my dealer gave me a killer deal, I still paid about $150.00 more than I would have if I bought Givi .

That being said, one nice feature of the Kawi box is that it uses the same key as the bike, and it has a color matching panel..I'm not sure if you can get that with Givi....maybe someone else here knows the answer

2016 green V1K
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosshairs View Post
Get the LT, you know you want it.......

About a week after I took delivery of my bike, I bought the Kawasaki top box and I almost never take it off now..I thought I would just use it when i needed extra space, but I find myself utilizing it way more than I ever thought I would. The side bags on the other hand are almost never on the bike.

In any event, if I had to do it again, I would buy a Givi top case and not the Kawi one..they are basically identical and even though my dealer gave me a killer deal, I still paid about $150.00 more than I would have if I bought Givi .

That being said, one nice feature of the Kawi box is that it uses the same key as the bike, and it has a color matching panel..I'm not sure if you can get that with Givi....maybe someone else here knows the answer
I have a 48L generic top case/mounting plate that I use on my FZ09 luggage rack. That would work just fine on the LT. The 3.7 ga fuel tank is the biggest detriment. Still contemplating
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170612_092711.jpg (56.7 KB, 67 views)
crosshairs likes this.

Last edited by troop; 07-06-2017 at 08:41 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 08:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
Another thing to consider is that the LT comes with an extra year of factory warranty.
Really? I had no idea. When I bought my '16 LT, I never looked at the non LT version, so I didn't realize the warranty was different. One of the things that influenced me to buy the Versys over other bikes was how good the factory bags looked and the fact that it actually came with bags. I commute, so the bags are a necessity.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troop View Post
There are several after-market rack systems which have a quick disconnect system, so you can have a clean looking bike when the bags are off. There may be a small bit still attached to the bike, but you won't have the "rack" look.

The factory boxes are excellent except for the shape. I have a few specific things I carry when I commute to work, which do not fit well at all in the factory boxes. The boxes are not rectangular, so a regular shoulder bag doesn't fit. My lunch bag doesn't fit, either.

If you have specific items you will need to put in the boxes, take them to the dealer and see if they fit.

The Givi top box nullifies that complaint. The factory top box is exactly the same as the Givi V47 unit except the factory box is a lot more expensive, comes with a matching key to your ignition, and has a trim plastic panel which matches your motorcycle color. The top box is big enough to carry things which don't fit the side cases.

My recommendation would be to either save money by getting aftermarket racks/boxes, or get the full Kawi package with all 3 boxes with matching color panels and keyed to your ignition.

Though I don't especially like the appearance of top boxes, the V47 is very useful and well built. You may find you end up with one anyhow.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
My lunch bag doesn't fit, either.
Good Gravy, man! What the hell do you eat for lunch that won't fit in a side case?
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

My pristine 2015 non-LT with 1,800 miles all the Givi accessories listed above will cost me $5,626 total. You likely can't get an LT for that and mine has way more accessories.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowIsSmooth View Post
Good Gravy, man! What the hell do you eat for lunch that won't fit in a side case?
Lol. I'm a pilot and I like to carry all my food for a trip. I've got several soft sided insulated bags of different sizes for different length trips. For a one or two meals I can get the small bag into the side case. For a 3 day trip the lunch bag is too big to fit the side case, but due to the shape of the case not the volume.

Years ago, nobody carried food on trips. Now almost all crew carry the majority of their food rather than having to buy overpriced meals in airports or hotels.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
This is what ultimately swayed me to spend the extra $900 on the LT. BTW the manual states 1 year, but after getting paperwork from Kawasaki, can confirm its good through June 2019.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 01:45 PM

I have the ABS model. I bought a Givi V47 and E-22s from Motostorm; would definitely buy from them again. My SW-Motech mounting racks came from Revzilla and Twisted Throttle.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Well, apparently I'm not as lucky as others that have order overseas. Package has been stuck in customs for a few days because “Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity.” They're waiting on Motostorm to provide more detail on the contents.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 01:55 PM

Top Cases

Anybody got any pics of the different size top case. I am considering a GIVI E340 but really would like to see how it looks or other sizes of what people have put on their bikes
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Here's the E340 Vision NT.

I've only owned it for 2 days, but so far I'm very pleased. They all have about the same load capacity, so I don't see the point of getting a huge one.

Turk and Ualbert like this.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-18-2017, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the pics

Brock.

Thanks for the pics. A couple months ago I also bought a used 2015 non LT version. Mine came with a bunch of accessories including aluminum side cases and mounts. I will probably rarely use the side boxes but need a top box to keep things narrow. I have a cheap JC Whitney (same as the Emgo) top box on a couple other bikes and they have been excellent. The E340 looks about the same size and not to big but still able to fit a helmet. At first I was skeptical and not sure if I even liked this cycle but it's growing on me. The only thing I may do different is go with the M7 mounting plate.

Mine also came with a Puig Windscreen but am considering the Givi windscreen as I understand it provides a little more protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode