Kicked a car last night - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kicked a car last night

Bloody idiot women drivers!

Coming out from my gym yesterday, dark night, slippy wet road, drivig slowly.

Women pulls out of a parking space without looking back to check. I hit the back and front brake together.

Back slid and slithered about but I didnīt let up, kept pulling on the front but not too hard. Managed to stop.

Beeped at her with my new PIAA airhorn like crazy, kept beeping whilst I pulled up alonsgide her window - she didnt even look at me. So I booted her car and sped off.

ARRRGGGHHHH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 06:01 AM

It's everywhere my friend.
I can't even walk the street anymore without getting agitated by how people drive and behave in traffic.
And I better not start about women drivers...

When in a car/bike I try not to allow any tense situation to occur. Breathe, smile and swear a lot to let it all out.

Cheers.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 07:12 AM

she was probably doign that thing blokes aren't supposed to be able to do.. multitasking
thats
checking the lippy,
making certian the dress isn't creased
reaching for the choccies on the passenger seat
whilst yakking on the phone

anything but driving

yours in misogyny

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

The worst thing is that she has small kids in the back. I donīt suppose a motorbike on their heads would have been great either - all the more reason to check before pulling out.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 08:16 AM

Had one talking on the cell and applying makeup - knees were doing the driving...all in heavy traffic. Moved waaay away from her - only a matter of time before crunch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foo Fighter Rider
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 AM

More proof we're ONLY the smartest monkey.
..kinda sad really.
Glad your OK.
Be safe.
Peace.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 AM

Yeah. I kissed the pavement once when a dame on a BMW coupe decided in mid-turn that she actually felt more comfy on the lane strip she occupied before. And came back. Had I not hit the brakes, I'd be throat-deep in dept for reparing her BMW (them's the rules, since I would've hit her in the back), and instead I just dropped, rolled from the bike, etc. Heavens praise the designers of moto-armor...

Carpe Diem
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healdem View Post
she was probably doign that thing blokes aren't supposed to be able to do.. multitasking
thats
checking the lippy,
making certian the dress isn't creased
reaching for the choccies on the passenger seat
whilst yakking on the phone

anything but driving

yours in misogyny
Yep... You are 100% correct. There are exclusions though, but they only serve to affirm the general rule... Multitasking sucks. Big time.

Carpe Diem
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand38 View Post
More proof we're ONLY the smartest monkey.
..kinda sad really.
Glad your OK.
Be safe.
Peace.
OOH, OOH, OOH, AAH....,EEEEI, EEEEEEI, AAAH!

(translation for the rest of us) Happy Thanksgiving!

Too much!

V-Zee

"I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my Motor-sickle"
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post

Too much!

V-Zee

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 12:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DrTizz Send a message via Skype™ to DrTizz
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post

Too much!

V-Zee
That's great!!!

<><><><><><><><>
2010 Versys ("Black Bengal")
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is an opinion...that means you, CNN!"

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Sad things is the kids won't realize what an idiot thier mother is. They'll just think some mean guy on a motorcycle kicked thier car and made mommy feel bad.......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 06:33 PM

So she was backing out of a space space at night in the rain, and you could see whether she was looking or not? Seems like a stretch to me. Sounds to me like you were simply upset about the close call. Understandable. But kicking her? Cowardly and inexcusable if you ask me. I'm also disappointed that so many on this forum are quick to stereotype females as careless drivers. Anyway, glad you're not hurt. Hopefully both parties come away wiser and more cautious in the future.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 07:13 PM

Garage
This summer I was riding from NY to VA for vacation. After dark I was riding down the Jersey Turnpike. I was in the 3 lane section traveling in the middle lane. A tractor-trailer was on my right, and a commercial van was passing me on the left.
The van started merging into my lane and I layed on the horn, as I slid over a bit to not get hit. The van kept coming, and I was quickly running out of room on my right before being squished into the tractor-trailer. A vehicle was right on my back wheel, and another just in front leaving no escape route. With my armored gloves I backhanded the side of the van as hard as I could and put a small dent in the side of the van. The van immediately snapped back into their lane, and slowed down to make the passenger window even with me. He then got on the horn and was giving me the finger for punching the van.

This all happened at 70-75 mph. Would have really sucked to have gotten taken out.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 PM

I'm sure that any cage driver who has been made aware of their mistake on near fatal collision, has got to feel like crap, or at least one would hope so. The only way people will learn it seems is by mistake. I've started to use the flash button more to alert cager's that I'm approaching and please don't pull out in front of me, as I deaccelerate and ready with the brakes.
It def. pays to ride 3-4 secs. ahead and trust know one.
Glad you didn't get hit and happy holidays.

Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy49 View Post
I've started to use the flash button more to alert cager's that I'm approaching and please don't pull out in front of me
Many interpret this as a sign to go ahead and pull out.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 03:03 AM

depends on the flash, one long flash is not often interpreted as a come on, where as a series of quick flashes can be. mind you if you also back it up with the judicious use of a stebel horn they get the picture real soon
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason View Post
So she was backing out of a space space at night in the rain, and you could see whether she was looking or not? Seems like a stretch to me. Sounds to me like you were simply upset about the close call. Understandable. But kicking her? Cowardly and inexcusable if you ask me. I'm also disappointed that so many on this forum are quick to stereotype females as careless drivers. Anyway, glad you're not hurt. Hopefully both parties come away wiser and more cautious in the future.
Just to clarify, she didnīt back out of a space, she pulled out of a space right in front of me heading the same direction as me. Therefore since I was a second behind her it makes sense to think that she didnīt look before pulling out - the headlight on the V is pretty bright and hard to miss if if you do decided to turn your head and check anything is coming.

Even after beeping at her and then pulling right alongside her, still on the horn, she still would not look at me or apologise - so I kicked her car.Maybe not the right thing to do, I agree with you, however some people need to learn a lesson so that they MIGHT think twice before pulling out again and possible causing an accident.

She was a female and it was some poor ass driving - not stereotyping here but giving a concrete example where I definately could have gone down - and she probably wouldnīt have even noticed if I had because SHE DIDNīT LOOK.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healdem View Post
depends on the flash, one long flash is not often interpreted as a come on, where as a series of quick flashes can be. mind you if you also back it up with the judicious use of a stebel horn they get the picture real soon
Drivers aren't required to have hearing. Between that, air brakes, and stereos I gave up on horns long ago. I'd rather use that time for flashing lights and blowing horns for other things.
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 04:41 AM

I've yet to find a driver who doesn't react to a Stebel Naultius and MTC can combined, hope I never do mind you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode