OEM Top Case "dimple"? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OEM Top Case "dimple"?

I haven't found any pictures online of this but I just got my OEM top case installed on my 2016 650. As you can see in the pics, there is a "dimple" on the top. The dealer said they couldn't figure out what it was for! Does anyone with the OEM top case have this dimple, or know if there is some kind of logo attachment that it might be for? I also have a small area near the back of the case for a "sticker" or something? I haven't seen it on any other cases that I've viewed online.

Any help appreciated. I'm thinking that if I don't know what it's for, I'm inclined to tell the dealer to get me a new one.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2467.jpg (41.5 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2469.jpg (56.7 KB, 68 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I would have them replace it. You shouldn't have to bother with it.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 01:13 PM

Unless Givi has changed the case recently, that doesn't look right. I don't see either of those features in various online images for the Gen 3 OEM top case. My non-Kawasaki Givi V47 has raised "GIVI" letters in the spot where yours has the recessed rectangle.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
little one is from the injection molding machine would be my guess and the big one on the back is im guessing for a sticker

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
JMO but I think the logical place for the injection point would be in a spot not seen or covered by a sticker.
Just looked at my stuff & Givi did a good job of hiding the mfg process
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 02:38 PM

Garage
You're missing a colored plastic cover that gets screwed in under the orange frame.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
If you go to Kaw's website/accessories you can see that you're missing a panel....I think
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Black Dog and Indelibility. You guys were exactly right. They missed the middle panel and have to order it. I tell you, as much as I think my local dealer is great, sometimes I wonder.....

The hoops I had to go through to get this thing ordered was ridiculous. Also, expensive, but at least it matches my bike. :-)

Mark
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 04:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by otkagony View Post
Thanks, Black Dog and Indelibility. You guys were exactly right. They missed the middle panel and have to order it. I tell you, as much as I think my local dealer is great, sometimes I wonder.....

The hoops I had to go through to get this thing ordered was ridiculous. Also, expensive, but at least it matches my bike. :-)

Mark
I feel your pain, the rack to mount the top case is still on back order. Here's a pic for reference of the missing panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170608_171235_1496956813401.jpg (28.0 KB, 56 views)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Indelibility, That's EXACTLY the picture angle I've had a hard time finding online, even in Google images! I called the shop, and the realized that they missed that piece. Dopes.

Not that it isn't functional in the meantime. But your insights were super helpful, along with Black Dogs.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 02:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by otkagony View Post
Thanks, Indelibility, That's EXACTLY the picture angle I've had a hard time finding online, even in Google images! I called the shop, and the realized that they missed that piece. Dopes.

Not that it isn't functional in the meantime. But your insights were super helpful, along with Black Dogs.
Always glad to help!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 12:15 AM

Here is a link to the missing panel:

https://www.kawasaki.com/Accessories...FFAL/999940656
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode