Waiting to pick it up - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Talking Waiting to pick it up

Hi,

Paid for an 2008 Versy last week-end. I'm just waiting to get it. I live in WV. Actually near Pittsburgh, PA. I live in a very rural area. How do you think it will do on my 11 mile commute?

I am happy with the price. I got the 08 for 5,600. I went out the door with tax and title for 5990.

I have been off the road but on a quad and an occasional dirt bike since then.

I hope it is middle age guy friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM

Congrats on the bike. I'd say you got a pretty good deal on it.

No worries about commutes or anything having to do with riding the Versys, you're gonna love it. I've owned many bikes and I'm loving this one the most so far.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I can't wait to get on it. The weather is still a little foul in this part of the country. Hopefully, we start getting some good days so I can find out if what everyone says in true.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 11:42 PM

middle age friendly......

44 years hear with a 18 mile one way comute and i love the bike (NOW). When i first got the bike i was not used to the foot position and i was really unhappy with my trade (08klr for 08 versys).But now i am very happy with my bike and i didnt even have to get the lower pegs.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I rode home from the dealer yesterday here in WV. 17.7miles of heaven. I put on order for a new riding jacket. I turn 42 in a little over a month and hadn't been on the road for a decade. I had forgotten how great a feeling it is. I need to look for some luggage now for when I get ready for a long ride.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 01:33 PM

This bike is so nice to ride, I don't want to get off when I ride home (7 miles) at the end of the long workday. Its therapy.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 02:06 PM

Hey Tim,

The bike is very friendly. Got mine Tuesday and been using it for my commute which is about 5 miles (just want to keep going). Will be taking it out tomorrow for a half day ride in the country and the forecast is for rain on Sunday, so will start putting the accessories on...

Enjoy your new toy!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2008, 05:21 PM

super versys

hope you guys enjoy you versys as much as i do here in the uk the weather here is still not great but this bike handels every thing you want to throw at it, just a great all round fun bike will keep you all smiling no matter what,,,, enjoy..
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM

This is the perfect bike for you by the sounds of it. I've had mine almost a year. I use it for about a 3 mile commute and my wife and I have gone on some 60-70 mile day trips and plan on some light touring when it gets a little warmer. I've been on lots of different bikes but always came back to a d/p because I grew up on dirt bikes and liked the riding positon. My wife wanted to ride with me a bit and I wanted something a little more "sophisticated" so a KLR or the like was out. The Versys gives me a great riding position, lots of jam because I do like speed, but it is friendly enough that I won't kill myself by getting myself into trouble like I would on a true sport bike. I think you will be very happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode