Unbelievable.

http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94204

Bob *we lost a good one today*Behn

Ride em if ya got em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Terry, AKA Austin City Limits on this board, was one truly great guy. He is the one who has hosted all those Moonshine rides during recent years. I spent quite a lot of time with him last weekend and got to know him a lot better. He will be deeply missed.

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 08:51 PM

Aww man.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Oh no. He was a fairly new member here, but seemed like a great guy. So friendly. The world is a sadder place without him. He will be sorely missed. My heart is breaking.

I'm raising a glass to you Terry....

My family will keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.....

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:10 PM

Anyone who met Terry Hammond loved the man. I loved him. What a gem! I had the good fortune to meet him at Moonshine last spring. No, it went beyond good fortune because he invited me personally so I could write about my experience and get the Moonshine story into a major magazine. What an interview. Let me just suggest that any of you who knew Terry, or knew about him, will want to pick up the January 2011 issue of Rider. There's more detail here if you're interested.

Our thoughts tonight are with his family and friends...his many, many friends.

Godspeed, mate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Rip terry

Found this was posted on adv.

It is with great sadness
It is with great sadness that I announce this

Today Mr. Moonshine, A.K.A. Austin City Limits, A.K.A. Terry "two wrecks" Hammond, my cousin, has passed away of an apparent heart attack.

The story I get is, he was driving a tractor and loader thru Casey, Il. and had the heart attack. Which caused him to hit a tree, sheer off a gas line and stick the loader into a trailer. No one else was injured.

I have no information on when services might be but I will post them up when I learn them.

We will miss this great guy.

Prayers for the family.

I have no idea what other forums he posted on, but if you know, feel free to copy this over.

John "Jailor8" Hammond

Yeah, my cousin Terry, he knew some riders

Ride em if ya got em!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 07:15 AM

What an awesome guy!
What a reminder of the shortness of life.
What a reminder to live life so we will be missed....Terry will be missed!
My ride to the post post Moonshine was my first on the Versys and my first to meet Terry and it was a wonderful exprience meeting him. This news has been most unexpected.
Saddened
tom
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 AM

Visitation 3 - 7 pm Monday at Casey United Methodist church

Services 10:30 am Tuesday at the church

Arrangements by Greenwell Funeral Home in Martinsville

Memorials: Casey Fire Dept. Martinsville Fire Dept. Casey Food Pantry
Crisis Pregnancy Center

Send condolences www. greenwellfh.com

Also, please check out the following link:

http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Terry has a zillion friends in the MC community. He was active on at least 6 forums and message board.

Most forums consider him "theirs". The Versys folk havn't really gotten to know him.

I knew him tru the MTF. He was bringing more MTFers into the Versys fold. We corresponded by pm when he got his Versys.

He will be missed. Moonshine will go on in some form or another but not with the fluorish Terry provided.

He put money down on the new Tenre but didn't expect that it would serve the same purpose as the Versys.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Milanowski View Post
Terry has a zillion friends in the MC community. He was active on at least 6 forums and message board.

Most forums consider him "theirs".
I knew Terry through st-owners.com and he was indeed ours. Just like he was "ours" for everyone on the other forums, and the many people that he interacted with in meatspace without a forum.

I never met him in person, but I will very much miss him.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 11:21 PM

May you RIP fellow rider.

GodSpeed.

Dan
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Rest in Peace my brother.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the soul of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
My respects and prayers go to his family, joked with him once about going on the moonshine run just had a bit of a distance to travel, he sounded like a real fun guy and will be missed.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM

MOONSHINE LUNCH RUN -- PDF download

For anyone who is interested, the Moonshine Lunch Run article in Rider magazine is attached as a PDF for download. Mark Tuttle, Rider's editor, graciously offered to allow me to post my article in the riding communities where Terry was active.

RIP Terry Hammond
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Moonshine_Rider_RR1101_RC_Moonshine.pdf (1.05 MB, 113 views)

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Scott

Ya done good and you do "GET IT"

Bob

Ride em if ya got em!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 PM

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
For anyone who is interested, the Moonshine Lunch Run article in Rider magazine is attached as a PDF for download. Mark Tuttle, Rider's editor, graciously offered to allow me to post my article in the riding communities where Terry was active.
RIP Terry Hammond
Thanks for the great article. I already read it in my copy of the magazine. Please thank your editor for allowing you to share the article online.

Glenn
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM

,,,Terry Hammond (ACL), Memorial Stickers,,,

I'm hoping to catch the attention of one of the moderators here to contact me.

We're hoping to have this posted somewhere on the site and in return we would post the Kawasaki Versys forum logo on the MTF page where they are being sold.

,,,Terry Hammond (ACL), Memorial Stickers,,,

Terry Hammond, Founder of the Moonshine Lunch Run, was a friend of many, and active in several motorcylce forums. When ask about Moonshine, Terry would always say, "It's not about me." But for the many who visited Moonshine, Terry was an important part of the visit. Terry had a profound effect on our lives. Several groups suggested a sticker to honor Terry. The Motorcycle Tourers Forum (MTF) http://www.mctourer.com and the ST-Owners Forum http://www.st-owners.com joined forces to offer a sticker to honor our friend. The sticker is not about Terry, but about us. It is our way to remember our friend, and to give to Terry's family, like he gave to us and his community.

The sticker was approved by the Moonshine Board of Regents and Terry's family. All profits will be given to Terry's family. The STO handled the design and ordering of the stickers and the MTF (a non-profit corporation) will handle distribution and financial accountability. A complete accounting will be provided to the Moonshine Board of Regents for auditing.

You can orders stickers and/or make a donation to Terry's family through the following web page: http://www.mctourer.com/shop/TerrySticker.html . Stickers should be in our possession anyday and will be shipped promptly (Alan Leduc [email protected] is handling shipment and will be unavailable 12/26-1/6 so stickers order during this period will be delayed). A presentation of the proceeds will be given to Terry's family during the 2011 Moonshine Lunch Run.

STO and MTF would like to offer ALL forums the opportuity to participate and would be pleased to add their logo to the page where the stickers are being offered. The forum owners simply need to contact Alan Leduc [email protected] or Curt Gran [email protected] and post this announcement on their forum.

Please feel free to cross post this announcment to other forums with approval of the forum owner.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM

Thanks, Curt. Terry was a frequent poster on the Versys forum. Mostly he came here to steal my farkle ideas! (Just kidding...) The stickers are a great idea on many levels. I placed my order earlier today and I encourage members here who knew Terry, either electronically or in person, to do the same.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-09-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Curt & Scott.

I had read that orders for the patches were being taken. But as Mark so eloquently stated earlier Terry was better known elsewhere so I thought most would order through the other sites. That is why I had not posted it here.

This forum is a great place to hang a hat. Curt you should stop by more often. Several here use your products.

RIP
Terry

Ride em if ya got em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode