3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fly-Sig
  • 1 Post By captpfd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Stalking Versys riders

How often do you run into another V? Looks like I'm stalking Fly-Sig out at SLC International last weekend.

Not very often that I run into another V, let alone MY TWIN.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4757.jpg (86.7 KB, 65 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i spotted one time to time when i lived in portland and know a couple people on pnw forum but not as much now that i moved out of town

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Everytime i go to Schlotzsky's in Brea,Ca theres a Green Gen II V-650 in one of the parking lots i go through to get out.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post
How often do you run into another V? Looks like I'm stalking Fly-Sig out at SLC International last weekend.

Every now-and-then I either SEE another, OR go riding w/ some other "inmates" from here.

BTW - how come you showed a pic of an H-D, then called it YOUR twin...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:33 PM

I've seen a couple green hornets lately around So Cal. One of my friends just bought a black 2016.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulff81 View Post

Yup, that's mine. I haven't seen yours out there yet. There is an older version green V650 which parks in that same area sometimes.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM

We're in a hot motorcycle area. Talked about it. Do not believe either of us has seen another Versys on the road. Such a wonderful machine, it's really surprising. Mostly we see big cruisers. It's the south.

Dr. Toaster: Guzzi 1400 California, VStrom 1000
Mrs. Toaster: 2009 Versys 650
Located 50 miles W of Deals Gap aka Dragon
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 AM

It looks like the Versys on the left has a tail bag. What brand is it and do you like it (whichever one owns that V)?
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
That's a Nelson Rigg CL-1060ST semi-soft bag which straps onto the passenger seat. It expands to hold a full face helmet. I'm satisfied but not ecstatic about it. The basic bag is excellent. The problem is that the straps mount pretty high up on the bag itself. This leads to the bag crushing down a little bit if you tighten up the straps, or the bag is a bit loose on the seat. Nothing terrible, just a bit annoying to frequently be adjusting the straps trying to get it just right. I like the shoulder strap for carrying it around. It comes with a rainproof outer cover. In a light rain it is fine without the cover. Sitting parked in a downpour the rain cover would probably be necessary.

I'd buy it again.
Turk and aemacleod like this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
That's a Nelson Rigg CL-1060ST semi-soft bag which straps onto the passenger seat. It expands to hold a full face helmet. I'm satisfied but not ecstatic about it. The basic bag is excellent. The problem is that the straps mount pretty high up on the bag itself. This leads to the bag crushing down a little bit if you tighten up the straps, or the bag is a bit loose on the seat. Nothing terrible, just a bit annoying to frequently be adjusting the straps trying to get it just right. I like the shoulder strap for carrying it around. It comes with a rainproof outer cover. In a light rain it is fine without the cover. Sitting parked in a downpour the rain cover would probably be necessary.

I'd buy it again.
I just bought the smaller version from Revzilla this morning, CL-1060 S. I owned the previous 1050 model and the tie down rings were above the expansion zipper so you could not use it. Not being able to expand it was a bit limiting so I thought I would get the updated version and let the other one go with my Ninja which I'm trying to sell. I thought about getting the larger one you purchased but I wanted to keep the profile low. Swinging my leg over the Versys takes a bit more of a stretch than on my Ninja.

Thanks for the info.

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Before buying my Versys, I wasn't really looking for them. But in almost a year of owning mine, I don't think I've seen another one on the road. I live in the St. Louis area and 50% or more of the bikes I see are Harley's.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:22 PM

I have only seen a few in the six months I have owned mine. People are sure missing out!
BreckRider likes this.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 PM

Saw one up near the Bad Creek Project in North Carolina on the side of the road. He spotted me as well-- same color and everything!

We had a nice rip together, then he split off. Good times.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Down here , the Versys is a top seller and your will see one every now and then. One different is the Made in Japan and Made in Thailand Versys.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 03:58 AM

Be looking for mine as I'm heading out of Crystal River fl June 10th on a 6500 mile adventure Maryland, upstate NY Maine, Ohio, Illinois, Fredrick Wi, Grand Lake Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Maybe Colorado, then Back Home.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was camping near the Ocoee in SE TN in Feb for what turned into a week of riding the great roads around there with mild temperatures and almost no traffic. Did the Dragon and Cherohala twice. I had stopped at the gas station in Suches, GA for a break, TWoS was closed. A local on a '13 stopped in and we chatted a bit.

Fast forward to the end of April I had stopped in the same place for lunch and a break and the same local also stopped in. Weird. We reminisced and went our separate ways.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I was camping near the Ocoee in SE TN in Feb for what turned into a week of riding the great roads around there with mild temperatures and almost no traffic. Did the Dragon and Cherohala twice. I had stopped at the gas station in Suches, GA for a break, TWoS was closed. A local on a '13 stopped in and we chatted a bit.

Fast forward to the end of April I had stopped in the same place for lunch and a break and the same local also stopped in. Weird. We reminisced and went our separate ways.
you ride the cherohala in February? No Ice? I rode it in May one year and dealt with sleet up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode