• 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By aemacleod
  • 1 Post By thunderkitty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bike Demographics

When I ride my Ninja 650 young men typically give me the thumbs up or tell me how much they like it.

Since I've been riding my Versys 650 it's seems the retiree crowd will give me kudos on owning a fine machine.

I guess it's all how you package the motor.
aemacleod likes this.

Last edited by Turk; 05-12-2017 at 06:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 06:51 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
That's because they are two different kinds of bikes. I have an LT and with the bags my son and his friends say it's ugly. Remove the bags and they like it. But I'm over 40 and don't really care what other people think. And I have had a young guy on a sportbike tell me how much he liked my Versys (with bags and trunk on it).
407guy and aemacleod like this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 07:01 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Young ladies really liked my '11 Versys. Or maybe they were just wanting to start a conversation with me. No, definitely liked the look of the bike!

Young guys liked my Ninja 650.

Middle age women loved my chromed out black Vulcan Mean Streak.
aemacleod likes this.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

The only woman who has ever made an unsolicited comment about one of my bikes was my wife and it was in regards to my old 84 Nighthawk CB650. One day out of the blue she said,
"you know, that really is a good looking bike.".

I have yet to take the bags off my LT, james, maybe it will get more oohs and ahhs then.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I had an elderly lady tell me one day that my bike was a beautiful color (green of course) and I had to agree with her. Really stands out on a nice bright day.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 08:11 PM

Garage
I'd scare women off even if I was driving a Lambo..

The neighbor lady did say "your bike looks fast" of course she's 80! oh well
Turk and aboyandhisversys like this.

2016 Versys 1000LT Roseville, CA
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 06:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
The neighbor lady did say "your bike looks fast" of course she's 80! oh well
I had a guy tell me that my '16LT looked fast and another tell me that my '10 Miata looked fast. I had to disappoint both of them by telling one that the Versys' claim to fame is its all purpose nature, and the other that the Miata, though not particularly fast, has handling characteristics that make it superb in the corners. Different motorcycles and cars are designed with different missions in mind.

Me cooking the corners in my Miata at Deal's Gap:

Turk, Husky44 and aemacleod like this.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

I'm a Mazda fan, I've owned an MX-6 and currently drive a 3. Someday I'll get myself a Miata. Nice looking one you got there Wolfcamp.
Duffy likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
I had a guy tell me that my '16LT looked fast and another tell me that my '10 Miata looked fast. I had to disappoint both of them by telling one that the Versys' claim to fame is its all purpose nature, and the other that the Miata, though not particularly fast, has handling characteristics that make it superb in the corners. Different motorcycles and cars are designed with different missions in mind.

Me cooking the corners in my Miata at Deal's Gap:

Nice. I looked at the new RF, but the seats probably won't cut it for the back support I need.

Too bad Pontiac went under. I would have loved to see them improve the Solstice with a better manual transmission. I enjoyed mine for the time I had it.

My wife did not like me owning this car. She said it was a chick magnet and she was right. That is until I told them, "no it is not a Porsche".

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I looked at the new RF, but the seats probably won't cut it for the back support I need.

I've done two long distance trips in my NC Miata and found that the seats are surprisingly comfortable. One trip was from Houston to FL, GA, and TN and back. The other was to middle Arizona via the Coronado Scenic Highway (have done that road on three motorcycle trips). Wish I could still do long distance riding because I would love to do it on my '16LT.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 11:35 PM

I had a NA Miata (91) and I'd buy another in a heart beat. Really fun car to drive.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 12:19 AM

Garage
I had a 1999 Miata (Gold) in AUstralia - it was a lot of fun.

Got a VW Eos in Vancouver - more practical. It was a hard top convertible with a sunroof - perfect for the Pacific North WET.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 06:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
I've done two long distance trips in my NC Miata and found that the seats are surprisingly comfortable. One trip was from Houston to FL, GA, and TN and back. The other was to middle Arizona via the Coronado Scenic Highway (have done that road on three motorcycle trips). Wish I could still do long distance riding because I would love to do it on my '16LT.
It's not the seats as much as it is my back. I definitely need supportive seats with lumbar adjustment.

I drove that solstice up the BRP to Maryland, Toured the Gulf Coast, and even drove it to New Mexico. Probably couldn't do that today. Need the Z4, or latest Camaro seats.

Wolfcamp likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 05-14-2017 at 06:52 AM.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
I had a guy tell me that my '16LT looked fast and another tell me that my '10 Miata looked fast. I had to disappoint both of them by telling one that the Versys' claim to fame is its all purpose nature, and the other that the Miata, though not particularly fast, has handling characteristics that make it superb in the corners. Different motorcycles and cars are designed with different missions in mind....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
I'm a Mazda fan, I've owned an MX-6 and currently drive a 3. Someday I'll get myself a Miata. Nice looking one you got there Wolfcamp.
Here's a quote from the latest issue of "CAR and DRIVER": (on page 092, Jun '17 issue)

"HOW MANY AUTO BRANDS today field a top-to-bottom lineup that makes us genuinely excited? Or maybe we should rephrase that: How few? Sure, there are your Ferraris and Lambos and McLarens. Porsche probably qualifies, too. But when it comes to purveyors of mainstrean vehicles, there's only one: Mazda. All three of its cars have earned 10Best slots, and each of its current products has won a C/D comparo; the new CX-9 crossover is patiently awaiting its opportunity...."

BTW - my Canuck car is an '03 Mazda Protege5 5-speed car, and it's as much fun to drive as my Versys'..., at least it IS those times I CAN'T ride the V...! (Had a 626 back a few more years.)

- -
Turk likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-14-2017 at 02:35 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 11:14 AM

Miata is #1 everything vehicle.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 12:25 PM

Garage
Slightly related, but does the Versys posture remind anybody else of the Pokemon Manectric?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250px-310Manectric.jpg (8.1 KB, 13 views)
thunderkitty likes this.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-31-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemacleod View Post
Slightly related, but does the Versys posture remind anybody else of the Pokemon Manectric?
NERDDDDDD!

umm but no... more like a metapod with wheels added
aemacleod likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode