Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did you do on your versys today?

233K views 1K replies 209 participants last post by  wampuspacker 
#1 ·
Swapped out the "meep, meep" road runner horn for a made in the USA Fiamm car horn "honk, honk" from now on. T-Rex engine guard next.

JoH

#2 ·
well sofar today nothing but look at it a few times... but yesterday i put a new battery in it then went for a nice two up ride up forest service road-18 up mt hood a bit of the way...... man i really need an engine cage

#5 ·
Might be of interest. Pulled the throttle sleeve, found gunk was slowing return. Found the second adjuster for the cable down near the throttle body. Funny place. Polished the bar (some scoring and weirdness), cleaned everything, lubed the cables, and put chain wax on the bar where the sleeve turns. Reassembled and adjusted play. Works great now!

Last effort was to put on an LED flasher brake light system. Much more visible now.

MRA windshield coming before the weekend.

Next will be a go-through on valves, plugs, air filter etc. Everything that's under there!

And the VStrom will get the inherent chain misalignment fixed. Explains the number of chains and sprockets it has been through in its colorful life.

Guzzi doesn't need a thing except the routine oil and rear tire change (they last about the same amount of miles!!!)

#15 ·
OMG... I'm still looking for the top piece from my new Rox risers that I dropped somewhere IN the bike... I don't want to talk about it.

#17 ·
Nice thought -- but it's aluminum. I already checked. Bah.

#19 ·
stared the bike after a long rest and not good response, despite the battery been well kept under charger. Check and found batter terminals connection were lose. Set thing in the proper order and she is back to her old tune.

So guys, just check your battery terminals as they do tend to get lose.

#21 ·
What cheap cam?

For finding parts, I take bright colored similar size thing and drop it, see where it goes. If no luck, then I get a super bright light and bike lift. Get it up and start staring. Last ditch - disassemble. Have fun.

#22 ·
I bought a cheap less than $20 SJ4000 knock off. I Don't recommend - video quality is crap and it is temperamental, I think it just died. That said I will look to replace it with a real original SJCAM 4000 $60??.

When the cheap crap I bought was working the concept was great. I used the water proof housing drilled a hole in the side to run a usb cable to power it. Put in a 32GB memory card then set up the camera to start whenever it received power from the USB and set it for 10 minute clips and looping. Looping means when the memory card is full it starts writing over the oldest video clip. I would always have about 5 hours of video on the memory card.

I have had people cut me off, brake check (for no apparent reason) etc. so I think it is good to keep a video record just in case!!!

JoH

#41 ·
Finished my seat modification today...

Modified seat (left) and OEM seat (right):

I may have taken too much off where my butt sits but I wanted to slim it down so my legs were not spread as much when at a stop. Bike is mainly a commuter for me. I'll know in the next couple of days if I'm going to need a Seat Concepts seat or get a local shop to handle it. Doh!

See post #45: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/3-member-rides/126050-2017-versys-650-lt-titanium-3.html

#45 ·
Rode with some guys to the newly opened Ace Cafe in Orlando. Think I was the only Versys there. This picture was early, about an hour later there were bikes everywhere. Bikes and scooters had to have been over 100 total by noon.

#46 ·
That place looks awesome.

[on topic]

Changed oil and filter, and drew a sample to send off to Blackstone Labs.
Also replaced back tire, second one since I started riding it in December.

Fixing to head off to BC, AB and the Pac Northwet for three months next week. I ASSume i'll wear out this set of tires so bringing a set of Angel GT's to get mounted up out there somewhere.

Reactions: 407guy
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.