What did you do on your versys today? - Page 49 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 748Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #961 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
What a truly awesome post.

Thanks for taking the time.
My pleasure. I'm always happy to provide a woman's prospective to other ladies who want to start riding.
kiwicraig likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Removed all the 'locks' I put on the GREEN HORNET TOO when I "put-it-to-bed" back last October.

NEXT Monday I plan to renew my plate and start riding it! (Here in 'Communist' BC plate/insurance is VERY expensive, so I am waiting till the 15th. OTOH - overnight low was -2C [28F], frost on cars parked on the street.)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #963 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Here in 'Communist' BC plate/insurance is VERY expensive
What's the cost of plates + insurance in BC Ed?
In Quebec, for 2019, the plates for my 2015 Versys 650 cost $660.46.
For 2018, the insurance cost $436.65. I guess that it will be similar or a bit more for 2019.
I'm glad that I do not ride a crotch rocket (over $1600 for the plate ...).
This is all in CAD funds ...

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

post #964 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
For 2018, the insurance cost $436.65. I guess that it will be similar or a bit more for 2019.
Ufda!

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #965 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=2015V100;1612951]I choose the same shape screen but by PUIG. Did not think about aliexpress or geek.com would have saved a bit, but i didn`t have to wait 30 days for it.

During long rides (HWY) ill extend it all the way up. No baffling on my helmet, yes i have to look through it, but not really that bad and you`ll get use to it. During short rides I'll put it down and look over the top. Short rides aren't usually fast so little to no baffling. The factory screen made my head and neck hurt from the whipping and baffling.

Either way no distortions, the smoke color is light enough to still see through at night. [Quote]

Still learning to proof read my post before sending it out!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
post #966 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
I pay $225US yearly, FULL COVERAGE in AZ, so I leave it ON.

Before I moved to BC from AB I was paying aprox. $450 per year, so I left it ON all year.

THEN I moved to BC - just about 'crapped' myself as I was changing to the BC gov't insurance (ICBC) - OVER $100 MONTH!, so looking at the bill for '18 - early April to early Nov (I leave here for AZ in mid-Oct, so I pay for several weeks that I don't ride) I paid $730CDN.

And this is for 'pleasure use only'.

There MAY be other charges that I don't remember, but I guess I WILL come Monday....

-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #967 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I pay $225US yearly, FULL COVERAGE in AZ, so I leave it ON.

Before I moved to BC from AB I was paying aprox. $450 per year, so I left it ON all year.

THEN I moved to BC - just about 'crapped' myself as I was changing to the BC gov't insurance (ICBC) - OVER $100 MONTH!, so looking at the bill for '18 - early April to early Nov (I leave here for AZ in mid-Oct, so I pay for several weeks that I don't ride) I paid $730CDN.
Is this total (insurance included)? Total in my case is $1096.00 ... for 5 to 6 months riding ... without getting kissed.

Quote:
And this is for 'pleasure use only'.
I hear you ... but I refuse to quit riding because of plate/insurance costs.

Quote:
There MAY be other charges that I don't remember, but I guess I WILL come Monday....

-
I hope not.
I wonder what plate + insurances costs are for other Canadian provinces.

Thanks Ed!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #968 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 04:03 PM

Garage
Mirror Extensions

Added some mirror extensions today, finally got tired of seeing my shoulders & elbows!
Alpha One Nine and bwag1961 like this.

Poor planning on your part, doesn't constitute an emergency on mine!
post #969 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 12:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by okinawa85 View Post
Added some mirror extensions today, finally got tired of seeing my shoulders & elbows!
I also recently added some.

I'm gonna get a set for my KLR too.

Rick
post #970 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
I also recently added some.

I'm gonna get a set for my KLR too.
I like that GPS mount. Home made or where did you get it?

TIA.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #971 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Just renewed the registration and insurance for the GREEN HORNET TOO....

Going for a ride in a few minutes....
Alpha One Nine likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #972 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
I like that GPS mount. Home made or where did you get it?

TIA.
eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-...UAAOSwgbdb9lYC

Took a few months to arrive. I think the guy was on vacation when I place the order.

The cradle mount was 'custom fabricated'. (aka home made)
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...7-post949.html

Rick

Last edited by Alpha One Nine; 04-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.
post #973 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
eBay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-...UAAOSwgbdb9lYC

Took a few months to arrive. I think the guy was on vacation when I place the order.

The cradle mount was 'custom fabricated'. (aka home made)
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...7-post949.html
Thanks.

I'm thinking it will not work with the Madstadt bracketry. I am gonna do something along that line, though. I have the SW Motec unit on it now and it is not designed to go the long haul. A lot of play where the two parts hoof together after only about 30k miles. I have to re-JB Weld it once in while now to keep it solid.

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

Last edited by SteveJ; 04-15-2019 at 04:33 PM.
post #974 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:44 PM

Today, mounted up a fresh RSIII on the front for an upcoming trip. Also replaced the front brake pads, down to about 20%. Back pads are still at about 50% so I let them ride until later. Who knows. maybe I'll get 100k miles on the rears.

This all with 55k miles on it. Also freshened the brake fluid. Tomorrow is oil and filter change then it should be good for the 4-5k mile trip coming up. I will have to get a new tire for the rear in AR but I'll deal with it later. I do have a riding friend near Greenbrier that has an awesome shop.

I also ordered up some tires. Bridgestone T31. One front and three rears. Total from Rocky Mountain ATV was about $480 plus tax. This price does not reflect the $60 per pair of tires rebate from Bridgestone. That gets the price down to $360 for three rears and a front. Killer deal, I think. Oh, I'll also get about $9 credit in their rewards program.

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #975 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:32 PM

Saturday I finally got the weather to do the first longer ride of the season.

But it was very windy going toward west on the first stretch, pushing my helmet against my chick and the bike left and right
I was with my son as passenger.

The crazy thing was going back.... running at 80km/h on back roads..... with the wind blowing from behind, at one point I had the feeling I was flying :O
because the wind was strong from behind, I didn't have wind from the front.....it was almost unreal
Alpha One Nine likes this.

Versys 2015 Green
post #976 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chid View Post
Saturday I finally got the weather to do the first longer ride of the season.

But it was very windy going toward west on the first stretch, pushing my helmet against my chick and the bike left and right
I was with my son as passenger.

The crazy thing was going back.... running at 80km/h on back roads..... with the wind blowing from behind, at one point I had the feeling I was flying :O
because the wind was strong from behind, I didn't have wind from the front.....it was almost unreal
Funny, me too, went up to Creemore for a burger and ride, about 80 KM/HR cross winds, when I got there I decided that going further North that I would put my heated gear on, running the Oxfords at 60%. Nice sunny day, just that with my top case, it was a challenge holding the bike up at a couple stop lights, one in Monomills , I got a good 80 + cross wind gust, dam near lost the bike waiting for the light to change. Total ride on the new flash 340 KM , like I have said before, with the new flash, it is like a new bike. It is taking some getting use to as I found that I was in sixth gear at 50 KM/HR in a round about, had to downshift coming out of it.

If this weather continues, I am looking at making a separate mount for my Admore light bar, and riding without the topcase on days like that.

Hard to see but the light bar is just above the release lever / latch

Last edited by onewizard; 04-16-2019 at 09:22 AM.
post #977 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:45 PM

Changed the oil and filter today. I took a sample to send off to Blackstone. This change had 3500 miles on it. I usually go to about 5k miles but am leaving on a 4k +/- trip next week so I dumped it a bit early.

Bike is now ready for some more fun in the mountains. starting off in No. GA and western NC, then head off to a rally and more mountain fun in AR. Yeehaw!

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #978 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Went for a nice ride (chilly day, however, UNTIL about noon), and stopped in at my Kawi dealer.

Noticed a Katoom 1290 Adventure wearing a D2D 2014 sticker, so I had a nice chat w/ the owner, and another fellow.

Motorcycles are a GREAT way to meet people!

Turk likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #979 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:35 PM

Nothing, its really sad. Weather has been in the 30-40s wet and raining. Hwy is packed due to some construction. Hopefully though, that chnges soon enough.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
post #980 of 1124 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:22 PM

Mounted up some auxiliary lights to the front. Will complete the wiring tomorrow(with relay and fused link). Also gonna mount and wire some led strip lights to my rear top side truck for brake light visibility. If the weather cooperates, should take the first ride of the new season next week!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode