What did you do on your versys today? - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 692Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 AM

What cheap cam?

For finding parts, I take bright colored similar size thing and drop it, see where it goes. If no luck, then I get a super bright light and bike lift. Get it up and start staring. Last ditch - disassemble. Have fun.

Dr. Toaster: Guzzi 1400 California, VStrom 1000
Mrs. Toaster: 2009 Versys 650
Located 50 miles W of Deals Gap aka Dragon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster404 View Post
What cheap cam?

For finding parts, I take bright colored similar size thing and drop it, see where it goes. If no luck, then I get a super bright light and bike lift. Get it up and start staring. Last ditch - disassemble. Have fun.
I bought a cheap less than $20 SJ4000 knock off. I Don't recommend - video quality is crap and it is temperamental, I think it just died. That said I will look to replace it with a real original SJCAM 4000 $60??.

When the cheap crap I bought was working the concept was great. I used the water proof housing drilled a hole in the side to run a usb cable to power it. Put in a 32GB memory card then set up the camera to start whenever it received power from the USB and set it for 10 minute clips and looping. Looping means when the memory card is full it starts writing over the oldest video clip. I would always have about 5 hours of video on the memory card.

I have had people cut me off, brake check (for no apparent reason) etc. so I think it is good to keep a video record just in case!!!

JoH
post #23 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Rode over to my Kawi dealer to see IF I could 'demo' an X-300 Versys. I'll write it up in the V300 part of the forum....

-

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #24 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 12:31 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
typical crap you see in town... so glad i moved to the sticks and dont have to deal with this every day anymore
Turk likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #25 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 01:14 PM

Garage
Just installed my new Cortech tailbag. It will be for my day to day use, I'll save the panniers that came with my LT for the weekends.

Steves308
Turk likes this.
post #26 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves308 View Post
Just installed my new Cortech tailbag. It will be for my day to day use, I'll save the panniers that came with my LT for the weekends.

Steves308
Pic Please

JoH
post #27 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:54 PM

Garage
What tires are you using for tires off road?

Are you using stock seat for 2up?
post #28 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Did a nice 200 mile ride around the N GA mountains yesterday (Mothers day). Weather was perfect and traffic was very light. Doesn't get much better than that!

JoH
post #29 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
https://youtu.be/Zpko3FouDfU
typical crap you see in town... so glad i moved to the sticks and dont have to deal with this every day anymore
I've said the exact same thing to other drivers before, it used to happen to me a lot when I commuted to work.
post #30 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:

Steves308
I have the original version Cortech Sport tail bag on my Versys right now. Used to be my touring luggage on my Ninja. I just ordered a new Nelson Rigg CL-1060 to replace it. I like the Cortech design but I wanted something with a lower profile and that attached under the seat and not to the frame. I plan on using my luggage mostly for touring but we'll see how that plan turns out.
post #31 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Heats JoH View Post
Pic Please

JoH
Out of town at the moment, but I'll try to put some pics up this weekend, with and without the panniers on the bike (since I need to practice adding/removing them some more ;^).

Steves308

Last edited by Steves308; 05-17-2017 at 11:08 AM.
post #32 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
I have the original version Cortech Sport tail bag on my Versys right now. Used to be my touring luggage on my Ninja. I just ordered a new Nelson Rigg CL-1060 to replace it. I like the Cortech design but I wanted something with a lower profile and that attached under the seat and not to the frame. I plan on using my luggage mostly for touring but we'll see how that plan turns out.
I looked up this bag, and it appears to be just as tall as mine, though a bit narrower. I'll try to post some pics of mine up this weekend, could you post some of yours? I need the width to carry my work laptop when I ride into the office, could you fit a 15 inch laptop in your bag?

Steves308
post #33 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I looked up this bag, and it appears to be just as tall as mine, though a bit narrower. I'll try to post some pics of mine up this weekend, could you post some of yours? I need the width to carry my work laptop when I ride into the office, could you fit a 15 inch laptop in your bag?

Steves308

Here is the old Cortech, you can see it has a steep pitch and the front of the bag is quite tall. One of the neat features are the sewn in bungee cords. Really simple to hook on and off the bike, like in seconds. I believe that was removed in the 2.0 version. It could easily fit a laptop if you expand the side pouches.

Here is a photo of the tailbag when I was down in Florida.

It's expanded all the way and it alone held everything I needed on that trip for an entire week besides the clothes on my back and the boots on my feet. Oh yeah, and my helmet!

This is the Nelson Rigg bag I have on order.

Here's the old version on my Ninja. I really like this design, it has a very rigid construction and a low profile. Plus it ties down under the seat so it's nice and tidy without straps hanging all over the place. I'm selling this particular bag with my bike simply because this version has the expansion zipper below the tie-down straps making virtually useless. Also with this version the rain cover is sewn into the main compartment taking up a little bit of real estate and the new version is simply a loose cover.

It's not huge like the Cortech but I can carry all the daily stuff I need, gloves, sunglasses, earplugs, water bottle, tire repair kit and a few other odds and ends with room to spare. It won't hold a laptop though.
Steves308 likes this.

post #34 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM

Installed a Denali Mini Soundbomb. It may not be any louder than stock, but sure sounds bigger.
post #35 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 03:07 PM

Garage
Quote:

Ah, I see it is lower. That's not a bad sized bag, but I do need to carry a laptop, those things have always determined the size of my tailbags. And I do miss the bungie cords from my previous Cortech bag, though with the way this bag buckles into the straps, it's not too bad in terms of removing/connecting to the bike. But it did take a bit of effort and sitting and thinking (and drinking a beer ;^) to get everything installed the first time.

Steves308

Last edited by Steves308; 05-17-2017 at 03:09 PM.
post #36 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:01 PM

Garage
Quote:

Here is the old Cortech, you can see it has a steep pitch and the front of the bag is quite tall. One of the neat features are the sewn in bungee cords. Really simple to hook on and off the bike, like in seconds. I believe that was removed in the 2.0 version. It could easily fit a laptop if you expand the side pouches.

Here is a photo of the tailbag when I was down in Florida.

It's expanded all the way and it alone held everything I needed on that trip for an entire week besides the clothes on my back and the boots on my feet. Oh yeah, and my helmet!

Here's the old version on my Ninja. I really like this design, it has a very rigid construction and a low profile. Plus it ties down under the seat so it's nice and tidy without straps hanging all over the place. I'm selling this particular bag with my bike simply because this version has the expansion zipper below the tie-down straps making virtually useless. Also with this version the rain cover is sewn into the main compartment taking up a little bit of real estate and the new version is simply a loose cover.

It's not huge like the Cortech but I can carry all the daily stuff I need, gloves, sunglasses, earplugs, water bottle, tire repair kit and a few other odds and ends with room to spare. It won't hold a laptop though.

I've had that Cortech bag since 2010 still looks and works great.....

002 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0752 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Breakfast Ride To Wrightwood by weljo2001, on Flickr

Ortega Hwy Run by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #37 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've had that Cortech bag since 2010 still looks and works great.....
I bought mine in either 2009 or 10. I don't think mine has aged quite as nicely as yours. Functionally everything still works well but mine is all sun-faded. I have the matching saddlebags and when I connect them all together the tail bag looks purple and the saddle bags jet black. It's a great airport bag too if you're traveling and renting a bike, fits neatly under the seat in front of you.
weljo2001 likes this.

post #38 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 10:48 PM

Installed sw-motech crash bars, usb AC adapter, and gave her a bath.

Ordered a volt meter from sparkbright! Anyone installed one of these?
post #39 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 AM Thread Starter

Installed new sj4000 action cam. Have a 2 day ride starting tomorrow, GA, NC, TN, Blue Ridge Parkway, Smoky Mtn Ntl Park, Tail of the Dragon. I am ready!!,

JoH
post #40 of 1067 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 PM

Garage
Just added a Madstad screen. I went with the 20" medium grey. I am still trying to dial it in but so far so good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode