4 x Versys X300 ride to Solvang - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By asaulo1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
4 x Versys X300 ride to Solvang

Took our new Versys X300's to Solvang for our first long distance ride to Solvang. We started off in Valencia which is about 100+ miles away from Solvang. We took the back roads thru Ojai and eventually a few quick jaunts on the fwy to get to Solvang. It was such a great ride especially being on the new bike. Few quick notes on the versys.
1. The seat is hard. probably will be one of the first things I look into once more and more seats are available for it. After an hour of riding, you can't help but stand on the pegs just to get blood flowing thru your behind.
2. Even though the gearing was quite short on the Versys, I didn't think it was struggling to keep it's pace at 75-80mph.
3. in the rare occasions that we hit traffic, splitting lanes on the versys was quite easy although it's one of my least favorite things to do in a bike (splitting lanes) but because the versys was narrow, it didn't feel too intimidating to split traffic.
4. Ergonomics on the versys is quite comfortable even after a couple of hours riding (except for the seat). Handle bar position, leg position were all quite comfortable for me in my 5'6 frame. Wind buffeting was okay although a taller windscreen would definitely help out. I can still feel the wind hit me in the upper half of my helmet but since I use an adventure type lid with a peak/visor, the wind does sometimes catch it when I unknowingly tilt back.

All in all, it was an awesome first long ride experience on the versys. We are already planning our next trip up the coast to maybe San Simeon or maybe even up to Monterey. Keep tuned.

Here's a quick video I cooked up on the ipad.

Juggernet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Here's a laughable video of me taking the vx300 on it's first dirt adventure.... lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode