Radio - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Radio

does anyone here have a radio/ipod hookup with speakers, Ive been looking at some systems that seem pretty cool, was wondering how it would sound on the versys with the small blade?

looking into this:

http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/S...Feh25QodLzpRjQ

Versys Blue 2009
ZX6R 2007 (sold)
CBR f4i 2006 (sold)
Yamaha V-Star 650 2003 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 03:31 PM

You could get some molded earplugs with speakers that will work much better than one of those systems.

Plus....it will not look goofy...you won't have to worry about vandalism and you will not be the butt of your friends jokes...

Did somebody ever really pay $1200 for one of those systems???? I smell something....

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jmlmjmjm; 10-29-2010 at 03:34 PM.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

I know one of our members put speakers on his Versys, but I don't remember who. Hopefully he'll be along & speak up....

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 PM

I put a Pyle system on mine with a Ipod shuffle I think mine was 200 dollers and 300 watts. I works ok not great ear plugs work better but bother me. If you go with the Pyle throw the intructions away before you read them they are messed up in so many ways. I can hear my setup good to about 65 mph. ok to 75 mph. and after 80 it's just noise. I had to do my own mounting becuse Pyle's won't work on the Versys. I looked at the system you posted and passed after reading some reviews about the wires falling out of the amp all the time and the radio can only be controlled by the amp. I wired mine to an easten beaver fuse block so it powers off if the motor is not running other wise the amp could stay hot and drain the battery depending how you wire it. If I had to do it over again I would still have put the system on I like it. Hope this helps
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:56 PM

Is that an satallite radio system or standard radio system. Personally, since all of my good local stations went out of business because of satallite radio I don't have anything to listen besides talk radio. BLAH!

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Garage
My Ipod has a built in radio. If I want to listen to it, I just use my earplugs. ScullCandy Asyum's.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Still think you can't beat putting your own music tastes on a mp3 or ipod etc. Me personally i like as my kids say annoying 80's music and older. Bit of Bon Jovi, CCR etc gets my heavy metal thunder cooking well my plastic fantastic anyway as my wife puts it, just to get a reaction from her, quite often say when taking the v for a ride "going to fire up the hog" her being a cruiser girl and all that.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:41 PM

I used to like the AC/DC, and Motorhead type heavy metal stuff on my old sony walkman...it sure made my old GS750 go a "lot" faster

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 07:53 AM

I have a Pyle amp and speakers.

This is mine system, go to about 60 miles pre hour. Forget about what others think of what you do to your bike....IT'S YOUR BIKE !!!! Cb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00675.JPG (145.4 KB, 263 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00683.JPG (157.5 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00719.JPG (135.8 KB, 185 views)
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 AM

XM radio in the tank bag with earbuds. I move it from bike to bike and my truck.

81 Honda CB750F with Jupiter sidecar, 82 Honda CB750F, 86 Yamaha Radian, 87 BMW K100RS, 2002 Honda XR 200R, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 2009 Green Versys, 2010 Kawasaki Vukcan 900 Custom
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylikesbeer View Post
XM radio in the tank bag with earbuds. I move it from bike to bike and my truck.
Got any pics of your setup? I'd like to put my satellite radio on my bike too.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1313 View Post
This is mine system, go to about 60 miles pre hour. Forget about what others think of what you do to your bike....IT'S YOUR BIKE !!!! Cb
yeah, this is what I imagined about 60 mph..that should do. Can I ask what system that is?

not a big fan of stuff in my ear...its actually illegal in pa

Versys Blue 2009
ZX6R 2007 (sold)
CBR f4i 2006 (sold)
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:23 AM

Buy a Harley or a 'Wing.

"I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my Motor-sickle"
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by howyadoin View Post
yeah, this is what I imagined about 60 mph..that should do. Can I ask what system that is?

not a big fan of stuff in my ear...its actually illegal in pa

And probably just about everywhere. But in ear plugs are probably the best as far as sound quality goes....

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VerstehenZee View Post
Buy a Harley or a 'Wing.

its funny you should say that, the whole reason I want a radio now is because I road a friends victory (forget what it was called, step above the cross country, top of the line), loved it, I could see myself on the cross country in the future, one sweet bike! also checked out the harley street glide (just cant justify putting all the money out)

Versys Blue 2009
ZX6R 2007 (sold)
CBR f4i 2006 (sold)
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
This works for me. no matter how fast i'm going music,phone calls and gps instructions clear as a bell.

http://www.amazon.com/Scala-Rider-CARDO-BIKE-Q2/dp/B0017HSYWG/ref=pd_sbs_auto_7

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 AM

I got some cheap helmet speakers on e-bay for around $5, they are thin and sound decent. I velcro my Shuffle on the left side of the chin bar on my FF helmet. All speaker wires are stuff behind the helmet lining. It's a complete self contained system, no wires to attach, just put the helmet on and press the i-pod button and you got music. I would think there are better quality speakers on the market, but for the cost I can't complain.

The Scala Rider radio sucks and I feel it is worthless. But the speakers are great. I-pod, cell calls and comm are clear as a bell. I notice quite an improvement over the cheap e-bay speakers.

Mike

Last edited by WindWalker; 10-31-2010 at 07:49 AM.
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindWalker View Post

The Scala Rider radio sucks and I feel it is worthless. But the speakers are great. I-pod, cell calls and comm are clear as a bell. I notice quite an improvement over the cheap e-bay speakers.

Mike
Well i have to disagree with you on that one.The FM radio on my scala rider Q2 works terrific. If you don't follow the instruction to set it up its a pain.but thats the users fault not the unit

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-31-2010 at 07:55 AM.
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 08:21 AM

Stereo...

I have a Pyle PLMCA60 purchased from Overstock.com and a Xm radio antenna purchased from Cycle gadgets ( photo). I purchased a Ipod bracket that fit the same bracket the my XM radio uses.
NOW... I ride back roads 100 % of the time. There are no expressways within 100 miles of me. North centrel Arkansas ( Mountain Home) so I have no problem with traffic noise.
I also put in a spilter so if needed I can use earphones.... But.... after a while earphones hurt my ears but I found some that cradle my ear not inside the ear.

Cb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00683.JPG (157.5 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00675.JPG (145.4 KB, 107 views)
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
This works for me. no matter how fast i'm going music,phone calls and gps instructions clear as a bell.

http://www.amazon.com/Scala-Rider-CA...=pd_sbs_auto_7
Really weljo? Even with earplugs in and going 75 mph down the freeway?

I'm looking for something that I can use with satellite radio, mp3 player, and helmet to helmet communication but most product reviews say it's pretty crappy at freeway speeds. Maybe you have a really good helmet with reduced wind noise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode