Farkle Bang for the buck review - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 10:19 AM

I always make sure I have the plugs with the strings....if I put them in too far they fall in and rattle around my head til I cough them out.
GDP RIDER and PJC1955 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
I always make sure I have the plugs with the strings....if I put them in too far they fall in and rattle around my head til I cough them out.
Wow. One would hope you would cough them out before you had to sneeze because that might not work out well at all.
post #43 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post
Where in North Idaho? We lived in Post Falls for 27 years. Our favorite motorcycle road was Hwy 12 from Lewiston over the Lolo Pass. We would frequently stay at the Lochsa Lodge. Great memories!
Our current roost (well ours and the mortgage companys' anyway) is around Spirit Lake, ID whose quaint town motto is:

"Yep, we have more unwashed skinny bearded characters with female primates who weigh more than my loaded giagantoid diesel pickup than anywhere else in the known universe!"

A side note: these Disney characters have moved WAY beyond The People of WalMart and have spawned a new subspecies: Dollar Tree People.

God's Truth.

post #44 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
{cautiously} Your earplugs don't have blue stripes along with the strings on them by any chance? If so, we need to talk....
post #45 of 79 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
{cautiously} your earplugs don't have blue stripes along with the strings on them by any chance? If so, we need to talk....
ewwwwww!!!!
whiting57 likes this.
post #46 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 07:34 PM

I wanted to tank Buffalo_Bob for the riser block CAD file. I had one made, and even though I can flat foot the bike already, It made it a lot more comfortable, and easier to "walk the bike" in traffic moving sub 5MPH, ie 1/2 my daily commute.
Buffalo_Bob likes this.
post #47 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki.Handsome View Post
I wanted to tank Buffalo_Bob for the riser block CAD file. I had one made, and even though I can flat foot the bike already, It made it a lot more comfortable, and easier to "walk the bike" in traffic moving sub 5MPH, ie 1/2 my daily commute.
I had mine made by a friend with a printer and have yet to actually go put it on!

Thanks though!
post #48 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 10:33 AM

Garage
Another great thing to purchase online from someplace like AliExpress.com is motorcycle LED Driving Lights. You can pick up a decent pair for ~$100-$130 and performance and quality is on par with the brand name ones costing 4x as much. Be sure to check light output and spot pattern before purchasing though. A narrow beam pattern is desirable for road going bikes as is a high lumen (brightness) output. Power draw is low enough you can just tap into the high beam circuit on the bike which also takes care of switching (on/off operation) for you.

Last edited by twowheels; 06-13-2017 at 10:36 AM.
post #49 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
{cautiously} Your earplugs don't have blue stripes along with the strings on them by any chance? If so, we need to talk....
I was wondering about that too, especially on a hot day and your head sweats in your helmet.

And as I flipped into 6th, I could not remember a damn thing she said ....
post #50 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:17 PM

For farkles I just love my SW-Motech stand foot enlarger. I have a gravel driveway and ride on dirt roads. This has already saved my bike several times from falling over. Hasn't been warm enough here to worry about soft asphalt yet. Also liking the USB/12v adapter I added. Is nice to have the Google maps right there when I am somewhere new to me.
post #51 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 10:24 AM

Which Pro Grips?

First post mentions Pro Grip Gel grips as cheap mod. I'm getting some hand numbness also. I see Pro Grip makes several different gel grips. They sell them by numbers. I saw their 699, 719, 761, etc gel grips. Just curious which ones are preferred or recommended.
post #52 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualDog View Post
First post mentions Pro Grip Gel grips as cheap mod. I'm getting some hand numbness also. I see Pro Grip makes several different gel grips. They sell them by numbers. I saw their 699, 719, 761, etc gel grips. Just curious which ones are preferred or recommended.
I've always swapped all my grips for the 714's
post #53 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 02:49 PM

Grips

I've got the 714's on an old Honda Transalp and I really do like them on it. I don't think those have the gel in them. My son just bought a used KLR650 and it's grip have some type of gel in those. I thought about the 714's but think I may try something with gel in them to eliminate some of the handlebar buzz and hands going numb. I've got a 2015 Versys 650 and most reviews say the hand buzz was eliminated with 2015+ models but I sure can feel it (I've never ridden a pre 2015 model though).

Thanks for the reply.
post #54 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 02:53 PM

A lot of people swear by the 719s. I have the 719s but I kind of wish I got the 714s since they appear to be a bit more comfortable.
post #55 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've got the 714's on an old Honda Transalp and I really do like them on it. I don't think those have the gel in them. My son just bought a used KLR650 and it's grip have some type of gel in those. I thought about the 714's but think I may try something with gel in them to eliminate some of the handlebar buzz and hands going numb. I've got a 2015 Versys 650 and most reviews say the hand buzz was eliminated with 2015+ models but I sure can feel it (I've never ridden a pre 2015 model though).

Thanks for the reply.
Curious - is yours the "LT" w/ hand-guards?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #56 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-25-2017, 03:56 PM

I have the non "LT" version but the previous owner before me put on some aftermarket handguards.
post #57 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have the non "LT" version but the previous owner before me put on some aftermarket handguards.
The reason I asked was because handguards can definitely affect vibrations in your handlebars. My '15 650LT is pretty smooth.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #58 of 79 (permalink) Old 07-01-2017, 01:45 AM

Grab on grip covers. Easy install with soapy water and compressed air. Should help get rid of the occasional cramping I get with the stock grips. If you wear size large or bigger gloves you may want to give these a try. Have not been on a decent ride with them yet but I like the feel on the larger diameter, more like my cruiser grips.

https://www.amazon.com/Grab-Grips-Gr...on+grip+covers

JoH

Last edited by Jack of Heats JoH; 07-01-2017 at 01:47 AM.
post #59 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo_Bob View Post

Motowerk Handlebar Risers V650LT- $50.00 I got the 1.5" risers and probably would have been happy with the 1" model. Much more relaxed sitting, the stock reach tended to make me slouch.
I'm trying to decide between the 1" and 1.5" risers for my 2017.

Why do you think you probably would have been happy with the 1" model?

Looking for some insight on which one to purchase.

Thanks.

2017 Versys 650 LT -- Titanium
Debadged, Moto Werk lowering kit, slimmed down OEM seat, Shad SH33 top case, Scorpion Serket Taper exhaust, Moto Werk 1" risers, Grab On grip covers
post #60 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

For my reach, (I'm 6"0") the 1.5 risers seemed to be more than I needed, although I left them on. Much better than stock position.
407guy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode