had fun today - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
had fun today

being a new rider some at times i notice that when i ride i feel a little off. meaning that it just seems like every move i make could be better. (shifting, braking, turning... ect) but this afternoon was probably my most enjoyable ride so far. it is about 70 here in NE ohio the sun is shining the leaves are bright and colorful. i set out to an area that is full of turns and hills and straights. i tell ya i was on today! nothing could faze me. the bikes were everywhere. i caught up with a group of 3 harleys (with their respective 'ol ladies) and followed. they turned down a road i have never been on which was uphill and was left, right left, right!!! but even though i only have about 3 months and 2600 miles under my belt. i felt like i could have easily gone faster. this part of the journey ends with the bike in front of me honking his horn and passenger waving her arms to get the attention of the two lead riders. they quickly pull off the road. i pass and turn around only to chuckle to myself... "that big 'ol loud hog just broke down" i would have stopped but i figured he must be used to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you're getting to know your bike! Good! And getting comfortable, also good!! Just be careful not to get TOO overconfident.

Have fun with it, take your time, but don't be afraid to stretch your legs a little when you're feeling good....

Good story!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullroses View Post
being a new rider some at times i notice that when i ride i feel a little off. meaning that it just seems like every move i make could be better. (shifting, braking, turning... ect) but this afternoon was probably my most enjoyable ride so far. it is about 70 here in NE ohio the sun is shining the leaves are bright and colorful.
skullroses - I live in NE Ohio as well (Lake County). Let me know if you ever want to go for a ride. I have about the same miles ridden this year as well (after a 22+ year break from motorcycles). I haven't seen any other Versys in the area (or ever on the road for that matter!)

09 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode