Which Kaoko Throttle Lock for 650 LT? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Whoknows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Which Kaoko Throttle Lock for 650 LT?

To anyone who had successfully installed a Kaoko throttle lock on their 650 LT, could you tell me the exact model you used?

I'm having to return the BB300 throttle lock I bought because it would not work. This is the model that uses the pre-existing bar end weight. When I tried to install it, the bolt for the bar end weight was too short to accommodate the throttle lock.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:15 PM

Garage
In thought there were only two models available for the versys? If yours doesn't work, just try the other. I'm personally gonna be checking out an Omni-cruise or whatever it's called. its about half the price and seems like it does the same thing.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkbeef View Post
In thought there were only two models available for the versys? If yours doesn't work, just try the other. I'm personally gonna be checking out an Omni-cruise or whatever it's called. its about half the price and seems like it does the same thing.
I'm looking for a specific recommendation using model #. Don't want to go through this again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Go-cruise is smaller with larger screw. better than omni-cruise, imho.
Definitely would not put a permanent accessory (immediate loss of value) when you can have a portable accessory that you buy once and works everywhere.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:49 AM

You might try Ace hardware for a longer bolt. When I added a strap to hold my handlebar mitts away from the levers, the Kaoka bolt was to short, Ace to the rescue for an identical but longer replacement..
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How about this version?

Buffalo_Bob likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Kaoko Model

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...+Throttle+Lock Note installation instructions on Revzilla type A and Type B, one without bar end weights and one with bar end weights, the Kawaski hand guards are different from Barkbuster ones so read the instructions, best way to explain it.

Looks like KBB300 according to Snownut and twisted throttle
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ighlight=kaoko

Last edited by onewizard; 02-04-2017 at 10:32 AM.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 01:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Looks like KBB300 according to Snownut and twisted throttle
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ighlight=kaoko

The KBB300 is what I had that didn't work. Note that my by is a 650 LT, not the standard versys. I believe the 300 will fit on the standard model, not on the 650 LT.

Last edited by Wolfcamp; 02-05-2017 at 09:07 AM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 03:12 PM

Go to Web Bike World, plug in kaoko throttle lock for Versys in their search window, good article
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
Go to Web Bike World, plug in kaoko throttle lock for Versys in their search window, good article
Yes, I saw that article. What that article showed was one of the reasons I bought the model w/o the Kaoko supplied, bar end weight.

Here's a picture from the article showing the throttle lock with the OEM bar end weight bolted down. It's not showing the Kaoko bar end weight attached. It makes me wonder if this picture is actually from the Versys 1000 that he installed the Kaoko on before doing the 650LT. At any rate, on my 650LT, there was no way the bolt was going to be long enough to work.

The KBB300 is what I had that didn't work. Note that my by is a 650 LT, not the standard versys. I believe the 300 will fit on the standard model, not on the 650 LT.

Last edited by Wolfcamp; 02-05-2017 at 09:08 AM.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:11 PM

well shucks, maybe an email to Rick at [email protected] to see if he has a suggestion? Otherwise I'm clueless
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 07:42 PM

My throttle lock I am looking forward to trying out this season.

Crash
Attached Images
File Type: jpg throttle2009.jpg (36.6 KB, 96 views)

2009 650 Versys
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Most Are Trying To Help Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
Yes, I saw that article. What that article showed was one of the reasons I bought the model w/o the Kaoko supplied, bar end weight.

Here's a picture from the article showing the throttle lock with the OEM bar end weight bolted down. It's not showing the Kaoko bar end weight attached. It makes me wonder if this picture is actually from the Versys 1000 that he installed the Kaoko on before doing the 650LT. At any rate, on my 650LT, there was no way the bolt was going to be long enough to work.
FYI , I have a 2015 650 ABS, I have Barkbuster Hand Guards on it, my handle bars and your handle bars are identical. BTW at Twisted throttle it list the KBB300 as the part number for the 650 LT and also for BarkBuster , in the photo, no bar end weight is used. http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/kaoko-...vps-handguards

After reading WebBike World post, and mentioning filing the end of the handle bar and cutting the rubber, that would be enough information to tell them to shove their product. Your asking for specific help on a specific product, what I or others have or use is of absolutely no use to you, so possibly it would be best if we stayed on topic here . This isn't a chain lube thread

Last edited by onewizard; 02-04-2017 at 11:30 PM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
chain lube - WD40...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
...This isn't a chain lube thread
Just spray EVERYTHING up there w/ WD40 - the MIRACLE lubricant......!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 06:42 AM

Garage
I got and installed the Break Away throttle lock and love it. It is really well machined and put together. I did have to modify the arm that goes under the handle bar so the bracket that holds the rear view mirror could be rotated back up in the near vertical position. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so installation took me about 5 hours start to finish. I wrote Break Away with pictures, no reply, I think because of a liability issue they would somehow be responsible for what I did if they approved.
Unit is really well thought out and printed instructions are top notch, lots of pictures. There are also on line videos of instillation. Not hard at all. Lots of adjustment available as well.
It works really well, snaps off the control when squeezing the front break, thus the "Break Away" feature. I have about 6,000 miles on mine now and use it like second nature.
I really wish Kawasaki would go with an electronic unit, but as you know, throttle control is by cable, so not possible at this point. Even the Concourus still uses cable system....
Only niggle, when I have ridden in the soaking driving rain, the friction that holds the throttle on weakens because of being soaked in water. When unit dries out, it goes back to normal.
Enjoy!

BEST,
ANDY

"ALWAYS IN QUESTION, NEVER IN DOUBT".
Visit me at andyversystheworld on Facebook for Pictures and Updates.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
To anyone who had successfully installed a Kaoko throttle lock on their 650 LT, could you tell me the exact model you used?
I installed the KAW200 from my old 2012 Ninja 650 to my 2015 Versys 650 LT. Straight swap and works very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode