what a blast! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By Steve in Sunny Fl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
what a blast!

I've only owned my v650lt for a bit over a month, and haven't really gotten to ride it much yet. today I got out and did about 125 miles. What a hoot this bike is! I'm used to big bikes; i have a bmw k1200lt and a kaw Concours 1400 that currently dyno's at 146 hp. Obviously the V isn't like either of those - and that's exactly why it's so much fun. I was zipping around all day, enough power to keep it interesting but certainly not overwelming. flickable as compared to either of my other bikes. Just easy to ride, and something I don't get enough of - FUN!. This little bike is really surprising me, another winner from Kawasaki for sure! Makes me wonder why I don't see more of them? steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
I've only owned my v650lt for a bit over a month, and haven't really gotten to ride it much yet. today I got out and did about 125 miles. What a hoot this bike is! I'm used to big bikes; i have a bmw k1200lt and a kaw Concours 1400 that currently dyno's at 146 hp. Obviously the V isn't like either of those - and that's exactly why it's so much fun. I was zipping around all day, enough power to keep it interesting but certainly not overwelming. flickable as compared to either of my other bikes. Just easy to ride, and something I don't get enough of - FUN!. This little bike is really surprising me, another winner from Kawasaki for sure! Makes me wonder why I don't see more of them? steve

Makes me wonder why I don't see more of them? steve

Most people are not as smart as us....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Makes me wonder why I don't see more of them? steve

Most people are not as smart as us....
There is that.

Steve, sorry I didn't see your email this a.m. Roy and I had breakkie by my house then took a Roy route over to Sleepy Hollow. I shoulda hit the brakes when I saw the green flash go by on Istachatta Trail.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
When I had my '11 Versys in the stable, it was the bike I would tell people that I would keep if I had to get down to one bike for financial reasons. I parted with it because I needed a lighter and less tall bike to haul in my truck for work trips to warmer climes during the winter. The FZ-07 will never be the light touring bike the Versys was, but it is great once I unload it and ride it locally.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
And that is being in Florida, where (I hear from friends) riding is really boring there (flat, straight-line, traffic), as compared to here in California!
In 7 months riding my 2016 Versys 650, mine is the only Versys I've seen in all of central and North California. It is simply not too popular. Fellow riders can't make out what it is. They give me frowns or courteous nods and smiles, but no "great bike" statements. Still, I am super happy with my motorcycle. It was money well spent for the long term and not even considering parting with it. It is a super fun bike to ride anywhere (except the mud!). There are places I would really have problems with it though. I am 5'7" 155 pounds. This bike is tall for me. I know I would have trouble in downtown San Francisco. I rode there on my previous FZ-07 and realized this. Many of its streets have big slopes. On some of those sloping crossroads, If I had to stop to wait, I know I could not hold the bike straight. Other than that, It is a great bike and I am very happy with it.

Ceasar

Don't plan, just ride

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
Kind of odd, I raced hare scrambles for decades.. Still have my 300 KTM and recently sold a kx 500 that I had for quite sometime..I ride very aggressively in the dirt.. however some of the most fun I had was getting on my young sons (now 25) XR 80 and wringing it out through the woods. To this day, makes me want to buy another just to play on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode