Crash Bar Question - fairing protection. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sumo64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Crash Bar Question - fairing protection.

The most often mentioned crash bars that I've see on this site are SW Motech, Givi, and Dimotiv.

Which of these 3 offer the best fairing protection? Most of the pictures I've seen of these installed are side shots which don't show how far they stick out.

2016 Versys 650 LT, Orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
trex

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:30 PM

Garage
I thought people in that main crash bar thread said the T -rex bars seemed poorly made and didn't fit right.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I would contact Twisted Throttle for their opinion as they sell both. In a pinch you could order both the Givi and SW-Motech and return one. I have the SW-Motech and am very happy and have tested them in a few tip overs and a minor crash. No experience with the Givi however there is a comparison thread on this site if you search.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I would contact Twisted Throttle for their opinion as they sell both. In a pinch you could order both the Givi and SW-Motech and return one. I have the SW-Motech and am very happy and have tested them in a few tip overs and a minor crash. No experience with the Givi however there is a comparison thread on this site if you search.

Did the SW-Motech protect your fairings??

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcamp View Post
The most often mentioned crash bars that I've see on this site are SW Motech, Givi, and Dimotiv.

Which of these 3 offer the best fairing protection? Most of the pictures I've seen of these installed are side shots which don't show how far they stick out.
Hepco & Becker

at
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Here's the SW-Motech ones on my Gen 3 (have NOT dropped it yet, so no comments on protection).

Here's a view looking forward....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Here's the SW-Motech ones on my Gen 3 (have NOT dropped it yet, so no comments on protection).

Here's a view looking forward....

I noticed the word "yet." Here is a gentleman with a realistic understanding of riding, particularly off-road. I certainly don't wish that you drop your beautiful green machine, but it's nice to know you've dressed it to reduce damage when "the drop" does occur.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:48 AM

Garage
I mounted mine to have a place to mount highway pegs.

They aré engine guards, not fairing guards.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-01-2017, 08:51 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerMan View Post
Hepco & Becker

Now those look like fairing guards.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 01:23 PM

For fairing protection, your best bet for the 15+ is going to be the touratech guards.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Website Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo64 View Post
For fairing protection, your best bet for the 15+ is going to be the touratech guards.
Just went to the USA website, no listing for 2015.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Looks like they don't sell one for the 2015 & 2016 Versys.

Too late anyway as I just ordered the SW Motech bars.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
That picture is a 2015 Versys
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:06 PM

They have them across the pond, you just need to email touratech USA and they will give you a price.
onewizard likes this.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
I wonder how accessible the removal of fairings for maintenance will be w/ these, or will they need to be removed FIRST...?

I had concerns about the SW-Motech, but they give plenty of room for access.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode