been playing with video camera - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
been playing with video camera

went for a ride two weeks ago with 2 other Versys's and a Tiger 1050 to deepest darkest wales (where men are men and sheep are nervous, but thats another story)

went to Llandrindod Wells on the A483 from Newtown

then went to the Elan valley, and onto aberystwyth

from there we went onto Lake Vrynwy

it was a fantastic autumn day, camera worked fine
these video clips are resized to what MS Moviemaker calls reasonable quality for a network.. the originals are clear but I've been struggling to square the circle between reasonable quality and file size.

ive been uploading a hd edited version of the A483 segment but its taking for ever to upload to Youtube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

Nice work!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 06:51 PM

You have the film in your camera backwards.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeenNC View Post
You have the film in your camera backwards.
'fraid not, As i had recently to point out to people in the (ex) colonies, you'll find I ride on the correct side of the road

and a 15 minute hires version of the first 3
..however its a resource hog,m around 600mb as uploaded
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Agree healdem is riding on correct side of road
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Agree healdem is riding on correct side of road
You only think that, because you are on the upside-down side of the earth.

...because everyone knows that a sphere has a top and a bottom.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Then whats healdem problem as he is same side of planet as you?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 PM

Thanks Healdem!

Took a tour of England (ooops Wales)and never left the couch. Just a couple quick observations...
Beauty countryside...narrow and busy roads...no shoulders on the sides of the road...not many maximum speed limit signs...the one sign I think I saw read 60, miles per hour no doubt(not sure)...broken center lines all the way around most corners/turns...bushes and hedges pretty much on the road...my neck was stiff after riding the couch for three episodes....it's hard to drink a beer and watch at the same time...You Brit boys are hard-core eh!
I need a break!

Thanks for the tour, , hats off to you and your buddies Healdem!

ED:If the black sheep says anything 'bout me it's all lies!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Grandpa Ron; 10-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:58 PM

Great videos, what camera setup are you using?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretbek View Post
You only think that, because you are on the upside-down side of the earth.

...because everyone knows that a sphere has a top and a bottom.
Actually they call it middle earth now
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Actually they call it middle earth now
LOL!!!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcarne View Post
Great videos, what camera setup are you using?
see: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...26&postcount=6

recently bought a mounting bracket so I can clamp the camera to the engine bars to get a low down camera angle... might have to give GrandpaRon some warning as he may need to book a chiropractor appointment before viewing
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ron View Post
Took a tour of England (ooops Wales)and never left the couch. Just a couple quick observations...
Beauty countryside...narrow and busy roads...no shoulders on the sides of the road...not many maximum speed limit signs...the one sign I think I saw read 60, miles per hour no doubt(not sure)...broken center lines all the way around most corners/turns...bushes and hedges pretty much on the road...my neck was stiff after riding the couch for three episodes....it's hard to drink a beer and watch at the same time...You Brit boys are hard-core eh!
I need a break!

Thanks for the tour, , hats off to you and your buddies Healdem!

ED:If the black sheep says anything 'bout me it's all lies!
glad you enjoyed 'em

eek
The A483: that's a main road down the middle of Wales, I'd hate to see your observations on some of the goat tracks / minor roads we ride on

depends on the videos you watched there may or may not have been speed signs, unlike the US the posted speed is fixed for that section, it doens't vary. so theres no attempt to reduce the posted speed approaching a corner or cross roads, there is a presumption that you'd be daft not to..... you will often see 'SLOW' signs on the road, and in Wales 'ARAF' which is the same in Welsh, would you believe.

its usually 30MPH in built up areas, occasionally 40 (on major roads in built up areas), rarely 50MPH on dual carriageway in urban areas, otherwise its 60 or 70 depending on the type of road. the white circle with a diagonal black line indicates 'national speed limit', a hangover from the pre oils shock unrestricted speeds. that sign used to indicate no speed limit but politicians being politicians / beaurocrats hate allowing the citizen to decide (and be responsible) for themselves. the way those video clips were taken/edited meant that often the speed signs were not filmed or were chopped

as regards the black sheep..... I dunno what you mean officer

BTW don't know if you are aware I'm reliably informed that the Welsh invented using animal intestines (usually goat or sheep) as condoms way back in the 1500's, however it took 'em another 175 years to refine the design by removing the intestines from the animal first
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healdem View Post
glad you enjoyed 'em

as regards the black sheep..... I dunno what you mean officer

BTW don't know if you are aware I'm reliably informed that the Welsh invented using animal intestines (usually goat or sheep) as condoms way back in the 1500's, however it took 'em another 175 years to refine the design by removing the intestines from the animal first
Lol...Glad I still have insurance for the bone cruncher...thanks for the "crash" course on signage and understanding that the Brit. government still thinks its citizens have 'common' sense...with main roads like that it's certainly necessary!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 08:54 PM

[QUOTE=healdem;115147]'fraid not, As i had recently to point out to people in the (ex) colonies, you'll find I ride on the correct side of the road

Gee, next thing we'll be hearing is we should be drinking our beer warm.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwr302 View Post
Quote:
'fraid not, As i had recently to point out to people in the (ex) colonies, you'll find I ride on the correct side of the road
Gee, next thing we'll be hearing is we should be drinking our beer warm.
that'd be a good start, along with serving a real pint instead of the blatent short measure you get in the States.

then of course learning to speak and write English would be a great leap forward.

recognising that the US forces had little or nothing to do with the end of WWI (which did start in 1914 BTW), although to be fair although the US did did make a massive contribution to WWII it was late again.. it did start in 1939

There's is no doubt bottled Sam Adams is dramatically improved by being poured into a warm or even hot glass straight from the dishwasher, and of course never ever let it go near a fridge . I suspect the waitress who encountered that approach in Texas a few years ago is still in therapy. mind you theres absolutely no way to make that fizzy acidic muck whether its called Coors, Budweiser or whatever.

mind you sadly we are starting to get the same outbreak of silly and unneccessary road signs as the US. theres nothing to compare with the daft idea that US drivers/riders need reminding there are scary things like corners on a road...

let alone the idea that your main overwinter sport is called 'football', where grown men have to run around in kevlar armour and padding just in case they may get a bruise, contrasted with the Rugby Union game, let alone the League game

..are there any other prejudices we can enter onto the record.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:

..are there any other prejudices we can enter onto the record.
sure. we have this nifty thing called dentistry. you lime suckers ought to give it a try

in all honesty, though, please don't think that all of us Americans purchase and enjoy the horse piss commonly known as budweiser (or any of it's competitors). i drink the good stuff - microbrews, specifically a few good IPAs, and what is apparently your workingman's beer - newcastle brown ale.

ps - i love England and would enjoy living there some day..

"What doesn't kill me postpones the inevitable"
"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
09 Versys, Kawi Green
ATGATT!!

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 10:51 AM

Being Welsh, and therefore having lived there most of my life, I must object to the sheep comments and jokes!

Just cos we got there first, there is no need to be sore about it....you bloody English . You could always stay East of the border and have boring rides instead of all them beautifull winding country roads and attractive sheep
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:34 AM

Hahahaha...lol!

Nice to see such a sense of humour! Funny?!
I'd like to say that squiggly road sign stating"next 140 miles" sure caught my attention...We need more signs like that in my area of Ontario...WOW!
I see why some folks go through so many tyres.

'Bin drinkin' our micro brewed "Nova Scotia Ale" for almost 2 yrs. now...we don't go out to drink anymore or even buy it by the case...it all tastes like flat, skunky beer, then to top it all off they give it to you in a dirty glass/pitcher...not a beer clean glass...I'd hate to see how dirty the beer lines are in the draft systems? We've 'bin spoiled with fresh, clean beer with no preservatives...N.S.A. is close to an I.P.A. We pay 106.00 Canadian per keg(50-52 litres) 'bout 7 twofours, I think 17gal. or so. Need to refrigerate it or it would go bad rather quickly...CHEERS!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode