Front end lowering - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Front end lowering

I have determined that the rear of the 2015 650 LT I recently purchased is lowered. I am now trying to determine if the front was lowered at the same time. The fork tubes are sticking out of the top triple tree by about 2 inches or a bit more. Does the stock position have them level with the triple tree? Does anyone have any before and after pics? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Sorry I can't find a pic specific to your question, BUT, as the owner of a Gen 1 and a Gen 3 - I can tell you that the STOCK position on BOTH is identical.

That's about half an inch (w/out going thru my SHOP MANUAL for the specific amount...) showing above the top clamp.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Here ya go....https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/11...57159767210442

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just lowered my rear recently and after recommendations here decided not to lower my front. Rides great so maybe you should try stock position before deciding.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuri77 View Post
Just lowered my rear recently and after recommendations here decided not to lower my front. Rides great so maybe you should try stock position before deciding.

From his post his front has already been lowered.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2016, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yep, I measured it and it is 1 5/8" above the triple tree so that means it's lowered 1.25" on the front and what ever the rear lowering bone gets. I can just barely flat foot the bike (I'm 5'9" with a 30" inseam) on level ground so it will stay the way it is.

I've never had "adjustable" forks before but after reading a test ride article I stiffened the front forks (pre-load) by two turns over OM recommendations and the front brake dive is much less.

I intend using the V for touring and occasional gravel road ventures so I'm thinking all I need to add (still) is better gravel tires. That will wait until I wear out the OEM Dunlops (I've got 2200 miles on them). I'm still considering crash bars and a skid plate but I don't think I'll really need them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
From his post his front has already been lowered.
Yeh I know that but since he didn't say whether he was going to keep it that way or not, I was suggesting he try the stock position before making any final decisions. Of course that was before he said he liked it lower
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode