Roadside Assistance Plan Recommendations? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Roadside Assistance Plan Recommendations?

I've been meaning to purchase a roadside assistance plan but keep putting it off. Anyone have any good recommendations for a plan? This would be for assistance/towing in the USA, by the way. I know there's plans put out by AMA, AAA, and others.

I've heard some have towing limits (which if reasonable would be fine) and others yet don't necessarily provide appropriate accommodations for towing a motorcycle (flatbed, tie-downs, etc). We do some riding on USFS gravel/dirt roads, but I have no idea if anyone offers "off-road" assistance if needed. That would be a definite plus if offered. Anyone have a good suggestion?

P.S. - I'm heading out to a wedding today, so let me apologize ahead of time if you request more info and I can't respond back until tomorrow. Thanks.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I have CAA (sold as AAA in the states). It's good for towing of car or bike. I've got my money out of it with towing but had to wait 2hrs to get a flat bed for the bike to tow it home.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 05:38 PM

Join the AMA, it's cheap. Your get roadside assistance, a monthly mag, 10% off at Bike Bandit and some local bike dealers, plus other specials.

81 Honda CB750F with Jupiter sidecar, 82 Honda CB750F, 86 Yamaha Radian, 87 BMW K100RS, 2002 Honda XR 200R, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 2009 Green Versys, 2010 Kawasaki Vukcan 900 Custom

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 06:42 PM

+ 1 on the AMA roadside assistance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dark Arrow Slip-On Exhaust, Spencer's Seat, Alaskan Sheepskin Buttpad, Givi Windshield, Givi E460 Topcase, SW Motech Crashbars, SW Motech Alu-Rack, Cortech Sport Soft Saddlebags/Tailbag, 16T Front Sprocket, Kawasaki Z-1000 Mirrors, Speedy's Handlebar Riser, Speedy's FlatFoot, MFW Highway Pegs, Gerbings Heated Gloves
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 07:36 PM

+ 1 AMA membership with automatic renewal include it at no extra charge. The 10% BiKe Bandit discount will pay for the membership almost every year. The 10% discount with Choice hotels paid my membership last year on a single weekend trip.

Hard to beat free.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. Looks like AMA it is.

Tim
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 PM

In Can. I believe you only get the bike option on the CAA PLUS plan....U.S. I don't know?

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM

For AAA you need the Plus and RV options.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-02-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
And they don't cover forest service roads or offroad.

I'm going to check out AMA myself, every biker should be a member anyway, they support our rights (even if they don't do anything ).

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
Check the fine print for your location on the AAA policy. They don't offer roadside assistance in NY for motorcycles even with the optional coverage.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
IF you have an RV, look at Good Sam's coverage, which includes getting your cycle too. (But, if you don't have the RV their policy does NOT include bikes...!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode